• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Brain Crash - Movement Speed Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, hive. I hope this gets answered, as my head is already bursting out with finding the cause and finding a work-around.

My problem comes from the map, Insanity Attack.

Apparently, I have an upgrade (research) that increases movement speed 5 times. Okay, simple as that. I used the Movement Speed Increase (%) thing for this one.
Then, I have an upgrade (research)n which avails certain units the ability to have a backpack... Alright... I used the ability Inventory (Hero) for this one. The research can be done three times, to level up the Inventory (hero) skill.
Remember how I solved my problem about this one?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/inventory-hero-level-bug-263983/#post2667082

I think this is one of the suspects. I can't test because I'm on the computer where I can't really test, but I can code some Warcraft III.

Moving on....

The problem is that when you have researched three times the Backpack research, then you have researched AT LEAST ONCE (or twice) the Movement Speed bonus research, ANY UNIT who will receive an item with the backpack research (who is also affected by the MS bonus research) will have their movement speed decreased. The Decrease depends on HOW MANY ITEMS he Have, OR how many items he has picked up, and registered to his backpack.

I don't know what's causing it until now.

ANY UNIT who has the backpack upgrade but isn't affected by the MS research is NOT affected.
ANY UNIT who receives an item with the above conditions met are affected, but NOT those WHO ALREADY HAD THE ITEMS TO START WITH before research of MS upgrade is done.

Thanks Hive. I need help on this one. It's breaking my head apart. :cry:

EDIT:
The http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/inventory-hero-level-bug-263983/#post2667082 is not the suspect. I completely made another ability without the research dependency. The bug still exists. I finally got my hands on a computer that can run tests, but please... Need help on this one.

EDIT 2: If possible and to anyone who can test, also check IF ATTACK SPEED IS ALSO REDUCED since the movement speed upgrade actually has an attack speed increase as well.

Last edited:
Level 21
it seems to me that the items themselves somehow negates the speed upgrade. you could try to trigger around it by checking the status of the research and the status of the inventory. then you can give the unit an ability that increases speed without a buff but that is invisible.

Level 9
it seems to me that the items themselves somehow negates the speed upgrade. you could try to trigger around it by checking the status of the research and the status of the inventory. then you can give the unit an ability that increases speed without a buff but that is invisible.

As research of the MS upgrade is higher, the decrease is higher as well.
I thought I need to mention this too.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you saying that i need to check every time a unit is trained? I don't completely get what you mean. Sorry... maybe my brain is just tired out.

Level 21
let me explain it in more detail. each upgrade researched is stored as a variable inside the game. that variable can be accessed through the trigger editor with a condition that checks the status of upgrades. then as units picks up items you can check the status of the upgrade and apply an ability that increases speed.

Level 9
let me explain it in more detail. each upgrade researched is stored as a variable inside the game. that variable can be accessed through the trigger editor with a condition that checks the status of upgrades. then as units picks up items you can check the status of the upgrade and apply an ability that increases speed.

If I get you right, you're trying to negate the negation MS bug to output the expected result. The problem is that the MS being depleted is variable (not exact); it isn't fixed. I computed the decrease but it isn't giving me the exact one. This also means that I have to check every time the unit picks up an item, which is I'm avoiding already because I have so many events already using this; which causes lag and a malfunction in my item triggers.

I edited the first post with this:
EDIT:
The http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/inventory-hero-level-bug-263983/#post2667082 is not the suspect. I completely made another ability without the research dependency. The bug still exists. I finally got my hands on a computer that can run tests, but please... Need help on this one.

EDIT 2: If possible and to anyone who can test, also check IF ATTACK SPEED IS ALSO REDUCED since the movement speed upgrade actually has an attack speed increase as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.