• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bouncing Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Usually with Bouncing Attacks you use the Damage Loss to make each consecutive bounce deal less and less damage, e.g. NE Huntress 50% damage loss: 100% -> 50% -> 25% -> 12.5% etc.

But what I want to do is make the bounces deal the same damage, but still less than the initial hit. e.g. all bounces deal 50% damage.

I thought this would be pretty easy but it seems only "Area of Effect (Full Damage)" works for bouncing attacks, so I couldn't make use of the "Area of Effect (Medium) or (small)" & "Damage Factor".

Is there no way to modify the bounce damage besides Damage Loss? If not, I guess I'd have to trigger it, is there any good auto attack chain triggers?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

From damage event, use BPower's missile to deal the consequantial hits.

Level 15
Damage detect tend to be very heavy and you need a really top tier optimizing way of triggering to fix that. I recommend you to just use 15% reduction or 10% since you are aiming for that kind of play style anyway. You are probably also worried if the bounce is worth leveling up. Take Dota for example, recently icefrog added two more bounce increment to the final level up, it make sense since the last two does about 5% and 3% of the original damage which is really crazy low.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's not heavy. We have good solutions approved here at hive.

Edit: All you need to do is double initial blow, I was overthinking it...

Level 12
Damage detect tend to be very heavy and you need a really top tier optimizing way of triggering to fix that. I recommend you to just use 15% reduction or 10% since you are aiming for that kind of play style anyway. You are probably also worried if the bounce is worth leveling up. Take Dota for example, recently icefrog added two more bounce increment to the final level up, it make sense since the last two does about 5% and 3% of the original damage which is really crazy low.

Yes, but one bounce with 85% damage is very much. I don't want the damage to fall-off to be so steep (or have any at all), but the first bounce should still deal a lot less damage than the initial hit.

It's not heavy. We have good solutions approved here at hive.

Edit: All you need to do is double initial blow, I was overthinking it...
double initial blow?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes, double initial blow, therefore the consequential ones will be 50% :) it's very simple I was giving you complicated answer

Level 12
Yes, double initial blow, therefore the consequential ones will be 50% :) it's very simple I was giving you complicated answer
Oh, you mean the initial attack deal double damage?

I guess I'm still using a DDS for this? How do I know it's the initial hit though?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Real attack will be preceded by a player unit event EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ATTACKED :)

Status
Not open for further replies.