• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounce Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
HI
i did a skill like dota chain frost (lich ulti), that it looks like a projectile is bouncing between units. everything works well.... JUST its not GUI, if more units cast it, it doesnt work, here are the triggers (and i didnt remove leaks, thats not important now):

• Nature Core 1
    • Events
      • Einheit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to BOUNCE SKILL (Hero)
    • Actions
      • Set Integer_IndexNatureCore = (Integer_IndexNatureCore + 1)
      • Set Unit_NatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Point_NatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 Core for (Owner of Unit_NatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore]) at Point_NatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore] facing 0 degrees
      • Set Unit_DummyNatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore] = (Last created unit)
      • Set Group_NatureCore = (Units within 550.00 of Point_NatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) equal to True) and ((Matching unit) unequal (Target unit of ability being cast))))
      • Unit - Order Unit_DummyNatureCore[Integer_IndexNatureCore] to BOUNCE SKILL (unit) (Random unit from Group_NatureCore)

• Nature Core 2
    • Events
      • Einheit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to BOUNCE SKILL (unit)
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to Integer_IndexNatureCore, do (Actions)
        • Grind - Action
          • Set Point_NatureCore[(Integer A)] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
          • Unit - Create 1 Core for (Owner of Unit_NatureCore[(Integer A)]) at Point_NatureCore[(Integer A)] facing 0 degrees
          • Set Unit_DummyNatureCore[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
          • Set Group_NatureCore = (Units within 550.00 of Point_NatureCore[(Integer A)] matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) equal to True) and ((Matching unit) unequal (Target unit of ability being cast))))
          • Unit - Order Unit_DummyNatureCore[(Integer A)] to BOUNCE SKILL (unit) (Random unit from Group_NatureCore)

Level 17
y ty it works with your spell BUT i want a small change... it can hit allied units, but heals instead of damage. i tried this but it didnt work ;(
i setted your unit group to allied too and did an if condition:
if caster ally target=heal
if not= damage

HELP ME :D

Level 11
why dont u use basic chain lighting?

Basic chain lightning can't apply additional effects like slow/stun/etc.
Basic chain lightning can only hit enemies (or hit allies and enemies but damage allies as well...)
Basic chain lightning can't bounce to the same target more than once
Etc.

There are plenty of reasons to trigger a bouncing spell if you want any of the above.

Level 4
hm
try something like this.. set damage of the spell itself to 0.01
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Damage taken) Equal to 0.01
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Damage source))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
  • do some heal or whatever it is u want
    • Else - Actions
  • do some stun or damage
and to add the events
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Untitled Trigger 001 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.