• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Bar Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I'm trying to make this boss bar go down over time but I can't seem to find the way I think I would do this. I thought it was set boss bar value to (current value - 1) but I can't find how to find the boss bar's current value.

How can you find the current value of a boss bar? And if this isn't the way to do it, how else could you make a boss bar decrease every how ever amount of time?

Level 6
I seriously tried whatever I could. I tried to make an integer variable but you can't set it to a boss bar's current value. And i didn't say i was changing the maximum value, u have to minus 1 from its current value to make it go down from whatever point it is currently on.

Level 4
Another thing you could do is make an image dialog instead of a bossbar and code the whole dmg taken and health/maxhealth thing on the bar so you can also put the current value in a variable and change it every time the units health changes. Also you would know the value any time you want as you have it stored in a variable.

Level 4
Assuming your boss is a single unit, can't you just find the current value of the unit and apply it to your boss bar?

It isn't technically a unit, its supposed to be a electric generator and it is merely a doodad. when he tried to make the electricity itself a unit with 100 hp thoguh he couldnt find anything in the unit trigger section that allowed it to drain life when generator is off and regenerate when it is on by the current value of the health.

Level 6
Yeah I couldn't figured out how to find the property of a unit, which is what i was looking for but didn't know how it was phrased in the trigger editor. I lined it up with a unit that loses hp. PROBLEM solved! +rep all

Status
Not open for further replies.