• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bones Brigade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Discuss the Pirates clan that hive it planning to make in this thread. Anyone is open to make any surgestions to the clan, and what we think the clan should end up as.

I for one might make a few signatures and avatars for the clan for people to use if they wish sometime soon.

Level 36
Yes indeed, NPCs we could hire, and between all of the leaders and (hopfully) members, there should be someone online to come to our aide if the city falls under attack. And then we could just get all online at once, get all of our ships and go blow the crap out of their city or ships for whoever is attacking us. But I agree with your idea operator, island for the city, and hips for the leaders (if its possible) or we could get like one really huge awesome ship and all of the leaders could use it. just an idea :D

Level 24
Nah, we probably wouldn't make it obvious where our base is operator. We should try and find several small islands that have terrain that we could easily hide a few buildings in, and find a large island and build a city on it, trying to conceal it as much as possible.

I know its a bit hard to hide a big city, but it would be better then having a huge city someone could see from miles away.

Also since the leaders are on the other side of the world from one another, so I think theres a good chance of a leader being online if theres an attack, and alot of money will be spent hireing npc's to defend the city should it come under attack.

And we should get one ship at a time, not get a new one until we have enough members to use it effectivly.

Oh and Ralle if you mean what happens to the ships when your offline then it just floats in the ocean where you left it, and it can be destroyed. But you can also put it in a dock or something and I guess when its in a dock it can't de destroyed or something.

Last edited:
Level 24
srry for double post, but just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.

Clan leaders will be able to upload their appropriate clan images, which are used on banners and flags in the clan city, and on battle standards worn on the character's back, much like the samurai did in feudal Japan. When assessing another character, you can see his clan affiliation and rank.

I don't think we should make one yet, but any ideas of something we could have as a banner then?

Level 12
skull and crossbones.

Anyways, the best way to conceal an island city is to pretend to be pirates while attacking anyone who gets near the city that way if word doesnt get out about the exsistance of the city there is no way for it to be discovered, unless some clan comes along and decides to go looking from land on their three battleships versus your one little frigate that you've got a problem. But since its a strategy base real time game you just need to be a good (and well equiped) boat captain, so everyone should get some practice steering the ship and such. Within a clan if you had multipul people on a ship that would be good because I'm guessing you will probably be able to jump onto someone else's ship so you should watch out for that.

Level 18
I might have a few ideas for clan banners, but I'll let them sit for a while. On the subject of the base, I say we play roughly legally for the start until we can afford to actually buy land or whatever, build a hidden base and get at least one ship. Then we go pirate. And if you wanted the base really hidden make members sign a legally biding contract to never reveal it's location... or an ingame contract. Also, if we buy the land and build good defences, then we could easily make money by renting out spare bits of our land to other pirate clans, and they pay for living on the land and our protection, but they also have to help protect it if it's under threat. We could make it into a sort of pirate metropolis!

-*meow*

Level 24
Just found this interview.

Warcry- How essential is it for a Clan to have a town, can your clan/guild be nomadic?

Darkfall Team- You do not have to have a town/fortress/city under your control. In this case relationships with other clans will become important so that you can have a place to trade and to craft. The racial cities will also become more valuable so making sure your alignment does not fall will also be very important. This will be a hard life at times but will also be fun and challenging.

Warcry- Will you have ships?

Darkfall Team- Yes and this is something Tasos is very excited about. You will buy a ship, put it to sea, and it will have a base amount of guns. You will not control the whole ship, you will need one guy to act as the tiller man, one man for each gun, and men to guard the deck incase you are attacked and boarded.

Warcry- The obvious question now would be can you be a Pirate clan?

Darkfall Team- Oh yes some of the largest ships can hold an entire clan, and would have many guns.

Warcry- Can you board and take other ships?

Darkfall Team- Yes you can jump onto the other ship, or climb the rigging out onto their ship and kill the crew. Once you have taken the tiller man out you can control the ship and after the gun men are down you have those to work with also. We are trying to give the players the ability to do what ever they want and have fun.

Warcry- Will there be any skills involved in sailing?

Darkfall Team- Yes there will be a sailing skill that will determine how well you can control the ship. So navel guilds will seek out these captains to make them stronger at sea.

Warcry- It’s easy to see why you are excited about this, what other areas should players look at as far as ships are concerned?

Darkfall Team- Trade routes, blockades, and Navel combat are just the start. Darkfall will offer the player a total freedom they have not found anywhere else.

This is the part of the interview that would mostly effect the clan. Having a huge ship that the entire clan can live on sounds cool, but then we would probably want some smaller faster ships as well.

Level 12
heres an idea, since it'll be hard to train up someone who is completely invested in sailing skill (due to their always pvp idea) you should have the entire guild help out a few people achieve this level before you start buying the ships so that way tons of money doesn't go to waste. Also, you'll need money to fund these ships so you'll probably want to start out buying one little vessal and raiding same size and possibly bigger ships till you work your way up.

Also, you can probably, when you have a big enough fleet, menace other guilds that have towns and such by demanding tribute and threatening to blockade their city.

About a hidden city, from what I'm getting its going to cost a lot to pay the upkeep of a city an the way many people might do it is to have trade in and out of the city so the guild might be at a great disadvantage witha hidden city because traders wouldn't really come

Level 24
heres an idea, since it'll be hard to train up someone who is completely invested in sailing skill (due to their always pvp idea) you should have the entire guild help out a few people achieve this level before you start buying the ships so that way tons of money doesn't go to waste. Also, you'll need money to fund these ships so you'll probably want to start out buying one little vessal and raiding same size and possibly bigger ships till you work your way up.

Also, you can probably, when you have a big enough fleet, menace other guilds that have towns and such by demanding tribute and threatening to blockade their city.

About a hidden city, from what I'm getting its going to cost a lot to pay the upkeep of a city an the way many people might do it is to have trade in and out of the city so the guild might be at a great disadvantage witha hidden city because traders wouldn't really come

Nah, because if we did build a city then other Pirate Clans would be able to come, and we would be able to trade with them. but we should still just start of with a few Houses for us to live in and go if we need a place to chill out.

Level 18
Of course pirates trade, except they only trade with other pirates and with fences (People who resale stolen goods into the legit community), otherwise how would they be turning all their hard-won gold into things you can use like, food, water and women ;P.

-*meow*

Level 12
I think what we want to shoot for is a very closed society.

We may not want to set up a large city but simply put all the player's housing in one area to form a village, and then simply place walls and guards around.

When I say closed society I mean we should have the guildies with different specializations, such smiths, clothes (maybe a guild uniform?), and whatever other people are avaliable.

Since we will be doing a lot of fighting (from what I read) we will need people to craft weapons and repair them. After all, there will be a durbility system.

I think the idea of a city is a bit silly for a pirate clan. Clan cities will probably be bullied by the bigger clans so going undetected would be a good idea.

Players can design their own houses so the defensiveness of the homes probably wouldn't be a problem.

-But thats just my take

Level 24
Apparently beta testing is either taking place or will be very shortly. Ralle will get an eail if we get into the clan beta and i'm sure he will obviously share with the rest of us if we get in.

Well I hope not for a few weeks, because my computer is broken and this computer would lag like hell.

And guarding, patroling would be usful, although we can get npcs to do it for us, it has got a use. But if you were to do such a thing I guess your main purpose would be scouting or something like that, which is basicly patroling in a way.

Level 12
Well, NPCs are guards and are not of grat use on a inland besides protect cities and such, if you wanted to protect the coast it would be best if we had human patrols, or "spotters" because I dont think an NPC would identify and enemy ship approaching.

If we can control the NPCs and tell them what to do then all we need is like six or seven spotters and have them simply chat relay the information anouther player come out with the NPC army/defense force

Level 24
Well, NPCs are guards and are not of grat use on a inland besides protect cities and such, if you wanted to protect the coast it would be best if we had human patrols, or "spotters" because I dont think an NPC would identify and enemy ship approaching.

If we can control the NPCs and tell them what to do then all we need is like six or seven spotters and have them simply chat relay the information anouther player come out with the NPC army/defense force

Well as there are different sizes in ships, we can get our main fleet of large ships for attacking and such, but a number of smaller ships for scouting and for these "watchers" to use.

Level 12
I was reading up on the mounted article and it looks like there will be plenty of strategy combat. Seeing as strategy is probably going to play a large part in this game, you may want to think about how you might ight a naval battle

Also, mounts look pretty kool in the sense that you can perform some nasty shock attacks before having the grunts run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.