• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
If your trying to simulate reality (the grenade being thrown realistically, that means it arcs while its on trajectory towards the thrown point), then you'll need a projectile system that supports z offsets, but if not then you could just use a simple projectile system. Which one do you need?

Level 22
Oh, so you're using an ability in the editor right? I don't think its possible to detect a projectile's death when using abilities.

Level 22
IIRC, it means Multi-Unit Instance-able, or maybe I'm wrong lol. In any case, it simply means your spell will work no matter how many times you cast it or how many instances of the spell is currently active.

I'd suggest hitting the tutorial section, since I don't know how MUI is really defined, you're triggering in GUI right? Just wait a bit more, someone will eventually know how to do what you need and help you.

Level 12
There are qute a few threads about that. Normaly there are:
SUI - Single Unit Instance. The spell/syetem works only for one unit at the same time without causing bugs/side effects. Example: Instant spells ( which all actionas are done in single trigger without waits )

MPI -Multy Player Instance. The spell/system works only once for each player at the same time without causing bugs/side effects. Example: Income system.

MUI - Multy Unit Instance. The spell/system works only once for each unit at the same time without causing bugs/side effects. Example: DoT and Effect-over-time spells.

SUMI - Same Unit <ulty Instance. The spell/system works without buggs or side effects regardless how many of it run for each unit. Exampl: Trap spells ( one unit can have multiple traps and each will work fine ) Spells which have Effect-over-time but the cd ends before the EoT ends so it can have multiple EoT running at the same time.

Now on topic: I think you need this thing for your spell if you are using a spell projectile:
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
That will fire the trigger when the projectile hits teh target.

Reactions: ILH
Level 25
Actually, there is a roundabout way to detect when projectile dies (though I am not sure how much efficient) by using Tinker's "Pocket Factory" ability and a dummy.
1) You create a dummy unit (invisible unit which cannot be targeted, does nothing and has Death Type set to "can't raise, does not decay")
2) Base your projectile ability off Pocket Factory spell.
3) Put into "Data - Factory Unit" your dummy unit (instead of the Pocket Factory unit)
4) Set duration to 0.01 seconds.
5) Make a trigger, which detects when the dummy unit dies. When it dies, cause spell effect around the point of triggering unit.

This way you don't need to trigger the projectile and the actual delay between the projectile hitting ground and the spells effect is 0.01 second.
The bad thing is that you create 1 unit each time (and units permanently leak - albeit very little).

Status
Not open for further replies.