• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blurring the Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm making an RPG and I want to know if there's a way to blur the screen when a players character drinks some beer for about like 10 secs per beer and the more you drink the blurrier it gets. Like the world of Warcraft drinking

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well you could use a custom filter on the screen. You would need to get a blurry-ish filter made and then figure out how to import it.
(This should work.)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

WC3 lacks the geometry shader code to support screen bluring on demand. I can only advise using SC2 as that does support full screen bluring on demand.

Wouldn't you be able to use some sort of opaque filter to "blur" out the screen?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Wouldn't you be able to use some sort of opaque filter to "blur" out the screen?
That mearly adds an overlay to the screen to obscure vision. The pixels comming through will still be crystal clear (although their colour will be offset).

True blur is done generally by downscaling the sample (getting averages) and then upscaling it again using iterpolation (same blur as looking at a very low pixel image close). Logically this has to be introduced at a shader code level for it to be fesible.

Status
Not open for further replies.