• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bloodstone Fortress

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Bloodshore Fortress is my first Melee Map that is a 3v3 or 2vs2 medium sized map. It features tons of Creeps for those who like to level Heroes and Tech, and offers a large variety of items that enemies drop.

I tried to make this map as balanced as possible as far as creep locations and shops go, if you find anything wrong please let me know.

Comments are appreciated!

Version 2:

-Reduced the drop rate and number of item drops
-Added 4 Gold Mine (expansions)
-Removed nearly 75% of deep water
-Removed 4 Goblin Shipyards.
-Changed Item drops to only Permanent and Powerup Items

Keywords:
melee,bloodshore,fortress,evil,dark,island,sunken,ruins
Contents

Bloodstone Fortress (Map)

Reviews
06:51, 23rd Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 13
so...we played in 3v3 and here is what I noted :

[+] many low level neutrals (I love those)
[+/-] many shops
[-] 4 expands for 6 players? not so good
[-] bugs {see below}

Neutral creep drops - Robe of the magi? really?
the...water...-too much of deep water = no space for walking >.> (my 7 units got blocked by two spiders due to deep water >.> )
AI bugs - this one is obvious...the AI just keeps the units on move command around the expand area o.Q

Anyway...all to all, I don't think that this map should be rejected, after some fixing it would be fun to play it...But in this state, its not so good...I vote 2/5

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Ok, there's a lot of creeps.. and they all drop items. Some of the camps need less items and to be honest, some should be combined and changed a little into more powerful camps.

You need to keep the item drops to the regulations applied to melee - Permanent, Charged, Power-up and Artefacts are allowed, nothing else - you don't want campaign items dropping in a melee map.

There's too much water and too few expansions.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If you don't mind, I'll be quite brief here. First, this map is disastrous when it comes to drops. Not only nearly all the creeps drop items, but they also drop items which belong to item categories not supposed to be used in the melee game.
Plus, the map's terrain is exaggeratedly big. You have to make your armies walk for a minute before you get to the enemy's base.
These two reasons alone are reason enough to have this map Rejected. Consider opening one of Blizzard's melee maps to learn how it's done.

Item drops are bad. (Explained above)
Terrain is very bad:
-There is no cliff/deep water, once when human/orc/undead player harvest trees base will be vulnerable from each side.
-Very low number of environment/lightning/special effect doodads
-Temple or whatever on middle is simple, you should create something special there.
-Map size is too big. Army need year to reach enemy base at other side of map (way gate can solve this, poorly but better something then nothing). Main problem with size is that player can rebuild whole base until enemy come again.
-Trees must be placed next to each other, otherwise small units can hide there.
Unit's target acquisition range should be set to campaign so they stay where they are.