• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bloodbeak the Berserker / ChIcKeN GrImM ReApErR

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Per story recap, for anyone who may or may not remember, Bloodbeak the Berserker is the wildkin whom Samuro fought while Rexxar, Rokhan [and Chen] sailed to Theramore to confront Jaina and demand an explanation about the humans' unprovoked attack.
I used Dmitry Rommel's replication of Blizzard's archdruid_owlbear pre-beta skin to create this horrid monstrosity. The skin I used was from the Archdruid, made by Dmitry Rommel and J.Eggermont.) so ado credits to him. Hence the creature's name, I thought "Why not bloody up its beak and claws?" Most of it is recolored, except the blood-stained beak, paws, and clawz!! I even gave the red eyes their own fierce, angry black pupils.
Here, I used Ujimasa Hojo's OwlbearV2.02 from Wildkin and Derivatives for Bloodbeak's new look, both on the World Editor and in-game.
To digress, albeit irrelevantly, I also used johnwar's Samuro's model from his Samuro and Blademaster (Re-Classic) forum to update one of the Campaign maps (and since it's the Hero unit I used to unveil fog-of-war to locate Bloodbeak.
First off, ado credits to Blizzard for the original texture of the in-game Owlbear. Ado credits to Dmitry Rommel for the replicated version in which I used.

Extra Credit:
Even though J.Eggermont and Ujimasa Hojo's models are not part of this download, as it is merely a texture, ado credits to them because Dmitry Rommel's skin is used for the former's model, while I used the latter's OwlbearV2.02 model as Bloodbeak's new model.

If I have made any mistakes, please let me know.
Previews
Contents

Bloodbeak the Berserker / ChIcKeN GrImM ReApErR (Texture)

Reviews
Archian
Cool reskin :) Approved, and marked as Useful / Simple. Thanks for the ingame screenshot :)
Level 7
Awesome! Was looking for something exactly like this! Any plans to do some of the other named boss enemies from founding?

Ignoring the free-hand for a moment, the skin look too filtered that causing conflict in clarity issue. The idea of Bloodbeak is decent but it can be more than just black fur and "blood" beak.
Yea, someone did say that the blood looks a little blurry. Above, they wanted it "bright and bright."
Also, what exactly do you mean by "filtered?"

Level 31
By "Flitered" I meant the texture look too much like the original that simply dial the saturation up.

It's messy, the bloodbeak look more like wildkin going on a date but putting too many lipstick than an enraged, furious wildkin who have a history torn apart orcish village and may presumly eat its prey.

Even if this was a berserker, having a blood antler doesn't make any sense as wildkin mainly attack with their claws and in Bloodbeak case, the beak could have been a dried out or dripping blood down the chin.

Wildkin model are known to be pretty annoying with the belly area as they only provide the little space that stretched when wrapping it.
1668174782233.png
1668174811009.png

1668174892568.png
1668174988303.png

I don't mean to make any excuses, but blood naturally gets saturated into the feathers and fur. It smears across where the predator manipulates it's food.
As for the bloodied antlers, those are but for artistic license.
If you want to show me an example of how I should make the blood look more like blood on an original texture, feel free. I used Photopea.com to make Bloodbeak's new skin, unless you have something better.

Last edited:
I don't mean to make any excuses, but blood naturally gets saturated into the feathers and fur. It smears across where the predator manipulates it's food.
As for the bloodied antlers, those are but for artistic license.
If you want to show me an example of how I should the blood look more like blood on an original texture, feel free. I used Photopea.com to make Bloodbeak's new skin, unless you have something better.
I personally use GIMP which is a free piece of software which has a whole host of brushes and options that are good for texturing :)