• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Shores

Blood Shores
Again, once again. So a map of Sunken Ruins tile set and a large shore areas. If people does not like the temple on the top of the map I might replace it with another way to attack enemy.

Uploading Later!

Change Log
• Uploaded

Information
• Creep Camps
- 6 Green Camps
- 5 Orange Camps
- 1 Red Camps

• Neutral Buildings
- 3 Gold Mines
- 2 Mercenary Camps
- 1 Tavern

Keywords:
Blood, Shore, Remixer, 1v1, Melee, Sunken Ruins, Beach, Coast
Contents

Blood Shores (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2013/Feb/02 13:14:54 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:An item drop for the 2 gate guards would be nice, along with a goblin merchant or two. Average melee map. [tr]Acceptable Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2013/Feb/02 13:14:54
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
An item drop for the 2 gate guards would be nice, along with a goblin merchant or two.
Average melee map.​
Acceptable
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 10
Review by CroMoX

For me terrain is a really big part of pleasing people playing RTS, since it is really what you are going to be using beside building for strategies, so here is what I think of your terrain;

Terrain:
Pros:
- Nice variation of tree height
- Good use of tileset, has lots of variation and beauty through that
- Two entrances allow for nice areas to place towers
- The Mercenary Shop is at a good location, allowing for quick buys in time of need.
- Nicely executed water doodads
- Enough trees for wood chopping, something a lot of maps lack
Cons:
- The Albatross seem to bunched, it doesn't look natural to me, even though they do bunch in real life. I think reduce them by one or two, or spread them a bit and it will be fine.

Suggestion
- Some global weather would be nice, but not needed.

Overall
So that's it from me for this map, it is a really beautiful map, full of detail and natural life. Now my cons cannot really drag it down to much, otherwise it would be unfair, since they are really minor things, so I will give it a 4.5/5, which means it is a 5/5 +REP.

Last edited: