• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Crafters Alpha 3.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is puts a spin on a few ideas that I got for other maps.

Game Play over view:
You have one unit, a hero. It can summon units to do your bidding. There are three base unit types that can be summoned or Forged. They are melee, ranged, and magic each their individual roles. However you can modify how your summons aka. blood works perform. Through blood shed you now gain blood points which allow you to modify an aspect of a class of unit, things such as abilities, armor, damage e.g.

Players Vs Players (PVP) mode:
After playing the map Necromancer Wars, I liked the concept but left that the map lacked freedom. (its noticeably similar to summoner frenzy maps...) So with slight varying terrain and the Blood Point I achieved a more open form of the game.

Players Vs Element (PVE) mode:
Currently there is no PVE, however I do plan on bring it back.

Credit to others work I used is given in map, under the Info (quests) tab.

3.00 Alpha:
  • I decided to start the map from near scratch again. This time I took in a different direction, in terms of systems. Things that could not manage before were possible, so this is more towards what Blood Crafters was meant to be.
  • Note this is also just an alpha but what I am hoping is some general feedback of the new gameplay. Suggestions for items and unit skill/abilities would be appreciated.
  • At this point the map only supports 4 players. If things look stable, I will code in the other 8 players.
Terrain changed around the center
Learning curve for survival drastically reduced 90 seconds are given for the first spawns and now 20 between waves
Changed location of item shops in PvP and blood well now lies in the center
Fix melee summon spell, it maxed out at 10 instead of 20
Tweaked armor constants and changed some the armor and attack types of the creeps
Undead crafter added
Demon crafter added
Fixed Magic-Melee later levels hotkey
Major corrections on spell tool tips
More warding stones add for extra tactical advantage points
Updated the extended text of "upkeep"
Removed the arcane bond's visibility
Enlarged death blood effect
Every one now can select their own type of Crafter
The game pauses while host selects opinions
Renamed heroes
Added mode notices
Minor text changes
Changed the Demon's Arcane Bond base model
Fixed the multiple crafters bug when playing with other players
Corrected Buff on Demon Summons
Limited spawns in PvE to prevent lag
A Demon Blood Crafter is given when picked
Rally affects allied units
Mana Aspect cost Blood Point fixed
16 Warding stones removed
Spawn timing should be fixed
Mutliboard added in PvE
Leaderboard added in PvP
Added more general notices
Fixed and added to the quests
Fixed melee-magic tooltip typo
Fixed Demons Hybrid leveling
Retrigger Hybrids
Overhaul of PvE mode:
-Xp is now gained by simply surviving
-Hostile units damage, mana, and health are scaled one the number of players
-Red leaving should no long end the game
-Fixed the victory conditions
Worked on the multiboard
Craft Skill removed, hero added instead
All new crafter skill: Coagulate
Players leaves crash should be fixed
Nearly completely remodeled the Demons
Added a new branch to the Blood Works
Fixed multiple different triggers
-Mainly affects b.net games when there are other people

Keywords:
Blood Craft Crafter Elf Forging Well
Contents

Blood Crafters Alpha 3.00 (Map)

Reviews
10:52, 8th Jul 2009 Linaze: We don't accept alpha maps. Use the Map Development forum for future development and come back when the map is done.

M

10:52, 8th Jul 2009
Linaze: We don't accept alpha maps. Use the Map Development forum for future development and come back when the map is done.

Level 3
One thing is I don't like overly long games, I prefer a game to be 40 minutes or less in general. I will see about adding a few more waves, and perhaps a boss every 5th level.

A question do the feel like the waves get progressive harder? I think the later waves are maybe a bit too easy.

Level 1
well ye...every wave is kinda easy...except the 2nd one (the difficulty raising is a bit too hard)
maybe u could add also a higher max lvl(29 is a ver weird number...40 would be okay...so u can max out 2 of ur skills)
hm... another race made of all 3 would be also cool( it would be stronger then the others, but u couldnt summon that much at once)

Level 3
There is a lot work to do with balancing the spawn waves I know that. I am to add a bit of a rock, paper, scissor element by tweaking the armor values and the attacks and armor of the creeps.

About the max level that is just what it ended up being. It would have be 31 if you did get the bonus two at the start. The odd number because of Hybrid skill. And a max level of 20 on a skill to allow for specialization in casting.

I have been playing around with the idea of an another type of a "Blood Crafter", this one is called a "Bone Crafter". I have done some of the basics for the Undead Bone Crafter (mostly triggering is left)... currently game play wise, its just a model switch. I thinking at game start you choose between an Elven or Undead Crafter, once he is ready that is,

Last edited:
Level 1
hm to the idea with the "bone crafters"...
maybe u could split each basic race into 2 different ones
-melee into bladers(high dmg,low hp)
and defenders/paladins(high hp and armor(mabe also very low dmg but with an aura(like devotion)))
-range into sharpshooters (verly long range and high dmg(+crit) bit very low hp and atkspeed) and Rangers (all stats a bit low, but able to summon a bear or something)
-magic into offensive(some weak aoes,debuffs n stuff)
and defensive(heals'n'buffs)

but well...its just an idea...
=P

Level 3
Undead and Demon crafters added. They currently are no different from one another, just different models. However, I may change that later.

Next going to work on the PvE waves. They may take while to get right.

Have you beat PvE on hard?

Level 1
hm i played this map again after awhile and it has some few flaws...
-the time between the waves is waaaaaaaay too long
also u should add a timer
-it happened to me only once but i couldnt summon any hybrids except the melee/magic ones
maybe the bug is because i havent chosen the hybrid skill at lvl 10...

Level 3
I have yet a to find a better way to do the spawning. Looking into to it though, it once had a set timer, but it was very easy to lag up the game that way. Kind of just messing around with different ways to do it, its meant to be a PvP map mainly.

That is strange, never I have I had that happen... what race, and mode with modifiers did you choose?

Level 1
elven, pve, normal
i lvled up my archer like...uhm...lvl 15 or something(cant remember...it was just very high...)

i also have to say...the buttons for the range/melee and the range/magic hybrids hadnt any manacosts for me =/

Level 4
3/5

nice to play but boring after the first time : all magic have the same ability, all hybrid have the same capacity :(
same thing for ranged.

melee swordmanship is powerfull!

Level 3
i also have to say...the buttons for the range/melee and the range/magic hybrids hadnt any manacosts for me =/

Opening the spellbook to cast a hybrid spell doesn't cost mana, however casting one of them does.

3/5

nice to play but boring after the first time : all magic have the same ability, all hybrid have the same capacity :(
same thing for ranged.

melee swordmanship is powerfull!

Boring after the first time...? I would see how that would be possible with both PvE and PvP modes with customization.

What do you by their all the magic have the same ability, and so forth? Are you talking about between the "races"? Races are just models at this point.

Level 1
ye but it happened for some unknown reasons
i was very surprised by myself =O
maybe it was just an extremely rare bug like 1:18023054082 chance that this happens...

Level 6
Nice concept, and quite well executed.

I beat easy on my own by fully upgrading Archers and the summon skill for them, so maybe it needs to be made slightly harder ? Or is it intended that one can beat it ? EDIT : I just saw that the mob HP sets depending on number of players, so this is fine :)

Also, more monster waves and boss waves would be a nice addition, as well as a custom item shop. Also, more summoners, even if the only changes are models, but some stat tweaks on the summoner and maybe one unique upgrade for each unit type for each different summoner ? Perhaps an Ultimate summon skill when you get a regular skill to 20, where you summon 1 really strong version of that unit (Melee, Archer or Caster).