• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blinding Wars - WATB Trailer 1.2

Reactions: deepstrasz
----------xbacurix Presents----------

Blinding Wars - A WATB Cinematic Trailer
Created by xbacurix

Story:
We are in the world of Agate, an ancient place where political and religious conflicts strikes the very balance of nature for long as anyone can recall. Little is known about the Primal Age, when everything began, all humankind know for certain is that the great War of the three Extremes has scared the land for generations and no one can tell why it even have started. But this war will prove to be the smallest problem of the three great countries, Termaria, Goroth and Ungar. For an unknown tribesman from the south have travelled his way across all Agate's greatest cities, carrying an asking for urgent help... As the elder Inscriptions of Karax once said: "Humankind will face the purgatory in it's own home, and every sin will be purged by he bloody hands of Uryah's sons"... The tribesland at the extreme south are being savagely slaughtered by shadowy beings. But will the great leaders hear what the tribesman have to tell? Will they be willing to leave the damned war behind and face this dark new threat? Who knows...

Features:
  1. Completly Voice Acted
  2. Customized Soundtrack
  3. Runs for about 12min (If you count the credits)

Screenshots:

Tent in the woods
print1k.png

Tribesman preparing for war
print2q.png

Dead forest
print3uo.png

Throne room overview
print4p.png

Throne room corridor
print5p.png

Credits:
Also listed ingame

Models:
Blood: Fearstarter - XGM
Priest: Kath, Alastor - XGM
Noble Warrior: Katch, Orc - XGM
Gloom: Kath, Franck - XGM
Barbarian: Kath, Alastor - XGM
Abomination: Kath, Franck - XGM
Chair: Happy Cockroach - THW
Evulmage Skin: Hueter - THW
Norse Elementalist: Vermilion Edict - THW
Sir Valiant: CloudWolf - THW
RPG Heroes: Tenebrae - THW
Goblin Hut: Forgoten Warlord - THW
Hell Knight: Dionesiist - THW
Hero Pole Master: Ki - THW
Enviromental Stuff - eubz, robot-dude, fingolfin, HappyTauren, takakenji - THW

Soundtrack:
Grace - Apocalyptica
Unforgiven - Apocalyptica

Special Thanks:
dts0301 - I learned a lot studying his cinematics
rysnt11 - For helping me find a lot of good models used in the cinematic

Alagremm - for being the only one person who posted at the cinematic thread in "Map Development" (forced by me, but he posted... LOL joking)
Changelog

V 1.1:
* Added black borders
* Improved the map preview quality
* Improved the loading screen quality

V 1.2:
* Black borders even on the portraits
* Decreased file size
* Improved Loading Screen

Author's notes:

Please, visit the project's thread and post you opinion: When Angels Tasted Blood - A RPG Campaign

This cinematic is just a small trailer for the upcoming RPG campaign: When Angels Tasted Blood.
Well... Also, I'm not the kinda' cinematic maker, I had my difficulties, I'm open for contructive cryticism, so i may improve my work, any help will be welcome.
If you wanna join the project or just got interested in learning more about it, PM or VM me ;)

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Trailer, When Angels Tasted Blood, WATB, Voice Acted, Apocalyptica
Contents

Blinding Wars - WATB Trailer 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/04 11:43:17 Reasons: Other: Comment: / Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules
Ah, good one.
Thanks Kobas

Well, about the models... I often use a lot of them. I think I exaggerate sometimes.
However, all the models I used will actually be in the campaign, and the great feature of it is the customized stuff. Despite I think you're right and I'll look up to reduce the exaggerated model importing, at least in this cinematic. Thanks again ^^

Lol Alagremm being alone in that thread of yours :D

LOL, he usually do that. This isn't the only thread I've created that he was the only one to read and post.
A great friend he is.

I checked it fast, and i did not see anything very unacceptable.

Voted for: Approvement

Thanks.
I'm looking for creating version 1.1, does anyone have any sugestion further than kobas' link? (that helped me a lot, I must say)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I appreciate the voice acting a bit although it's not properly edited (background noise, some voices are louder etc.), however the unoriginality and naivete of the story is obvious.
That man should have seen reason not to prophesy like a mad man. He should have asked for a small reconnaissance group first, thing that the king should have also though of instead of declining in the end.
I presume the Church leader was involved with the evil appearances.