• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Bladestorm with critical strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! sorry my bad inglish (i'm brazilian), i tryed make a spell with triggers, where the player choose a target, the hero go so close of target and starts a whirlwind animation, in these moment, every 1 second the target receive a critical strike, the hero casting the spell will follow the target at finish the spell. The player cannot move the hero during the spell.

My Strategy: to this spell, i tryed make a Chainlight spell base, removed all status and make a critical strike with 100% of chance to hit, triggers basically > Unit begins an ability, condition, hero learn "critical strike", set variable = critical strike, wait 5 seconds, remove variable. in this 5 seconds, the hero will attack normally but with critical strike effect, and a trigger to play animation of whirlwind... but my strategy fail..

anyone can help me to make this? :\

Level 4
The critical strike just hit 1 time and don't every normal attack
If the player order the hero to move the animation of spin is broken
The critical strike effect showing the critical damage does not appear :/
And do not damage interspersed during the whilwind animation t..t
i don't know how i make critical damage per second with triggers :/

Level 25
If the critical strike is only happening once, it must be being removed too soon.

You can fix the animation with this neat trick:
Action - Animation - Add/Remove Unit Animation Tag
Looks like:
  • Animation - Add the alternate spin tag to (Triggering unit)
(assuming your hero is a blademaster)

Add the animation tag when the spell starts, and then remove it when the spell finishes.

You should post your whole trigger so we can see what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.