• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Help) Active Critical Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Can anyone help me make this skill?

This skill works like this
A hero cast a spell, then he have 100% to critical strike for 15 seconds

Level 10
If you dont want the icon to show add the item critical strike ability.

Level 4
Oh ya... thx ghost... i wonder why i never figured of that lol.

I'll try first.. if there is any problem, i will pm you

Level 4
use the spellbook ...
Disable it with triggers ...

But I'm going to sleep now, if none responded farther on here I'll create it.
GOod night =)

Err... i don't quite undrstand what you mean. Can you explain with more detail? Thx a lot.

And jus to let you know... i am not a beginner nor pro..... i kind of a advance user. But i never tried using trigger to do skills... so i am totally in experience with this.

If you don't mind flame... do explain to me how to make blizzard with slow effect

Level 4
Anyway ghost... the item critical skill doesnt work...

so Flames.. pls explain about spell book for me

Level 6
Use triggers to emulate a critical strike skill. Use the triggers "add event - unit takes damage" "condition - attacking unit's crit ability equals level 1" (two triggers, the first to add all entering units in the map to the beforementioned trigger) and calculate damage taken and deal it again. You can also add floating texts for the crit number.

Level 4
just to let you guys know why i am not using battle roar. Cause it only add your base dmg and doesn't add your bonus damage.

Eg. My damage is 50-55 + 20
Battle roar will only add 100 instead of 140

Anyway flames thx i'll try it out, any problem.. i will post it here or pm you

Level 4
If i didnt put any unit in the map how to i make the skill?

and also, if ppl purge me, will the critical strike be gone?
And why do you wanna use jass instead of using trigger? coz all i can see the thing u do actually can be easily done by usng trigger

Last edited:
Level 5
Just check the map I posted, that's the most easy way.
Don't start with triggers or something, ..

Flames is obviously an experienced GUI user. I use GUI for skills and maps but not that kind of complicated one:eekani: He used custom script to make the skill work, nice one.

Thumbs up.

Do you have tutorials for custom scripts mr. flames? advance thx.

Level 19
Well I attached a new version on it, lets say its the final.
The spell is immune for a purge, and runs better now.
I removed the other trigger that had to disable the spell for the unit,
this is now included in the main trigger and can be used as a multi-instancible spell now. Double casting won't work, since it ends after the first cast.

Do you have tutorials for custom scripts mr. flames? advance thx.

No, not really. I learned this after a while by myself, but I can ofcourse explain the basics. I'll try to bring up a tutorial later :)

Attachments

• Critical Strike 2 [Active].w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 62
Level 4
Hmm thx a lot flames. But i am not going to copy and paste the thing u did lol. I rather use my own way so that i can remember how to do the skill. And ofcoz i can't think of it without you. So thx a lot

So basically this is wad you do. You put critical strike to spellbook. Disable the spellbook so the icon wont show. Then add spellbook to the hero. right? thats what i know from reading ur script.

A very good idea. Thx a lot. With this idea, i can do a lot of fantastic skill. I will learn this useful skill =D

Just a last question. Any idea how to make blizzard with slow effect?

Level 4
Won't that have a high risk of havin a memory leak?
And don't you think it is better if i use thunder clap or something? Just that tunder clap won't turn the unit blue

Level 4
Well then it looks like you already solved your problem then :thumbs_up:
well, but yea i agree looping thunderclap would be faster, since the number of casts needed is not dependent on the number of units under blizzard. but there are many ways to do the same thing. =)

but the truth is, all (if not most) triggered GUI (and jass) spells have a risk in leaking. It doesnt matter which method you go with. You just have to fix and clean up all the leaks =/

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't get it...if you disable the Spellbook's icon, then isn't that the Critical Strike will also be gone?

Level 4
swt lyj... why can't you just chat with me in msn xD

Anyway it is because, you disable the spellbook but not the critical strike. However the critical strike is hidden inside. So the critical strike will have effect but don't have the icon. It is a marvelous idea from flames

Level 2
Is there any trigger to disable the icon rather than JASS script? I have no idea at all about JASS... By the way You Win...how you know its me? >.<

Level 4
I am doing it using trigger, i'll send it to u through msn.
And ofcoz i know u... by your name..

Level 4
Thx for the good deed flames, but i rather use it my way. Coz i to make myself feel more original. i mean i did copy wad you did. But i use it my way right? ^^

And since lyj check for me there is no leak, so i'll just used mine.
Anyway flames you do helped me a lot. So no worry, you surely will see ur name in the credit. =)

If i have any more problem, please help me ok? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.