• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blades of Auir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
BladesofAuir.png

Things to expect:
Story: Done.
Inventory: Done.
Shop:Almost done
Third person View: Done.
Four player co-op: Done.
atleast 7 Chapters(maps for each part): One map completed.
Level System: Almost done
And much more.

Blades of Auir is an ORPG mod/map set for SC2 wings of liberty. Seven Chapters will be included (Expected to finish one chapter each month). Starting with Chapter 1 map one "The calling". This project is currently being produced by me atm I do not have a team set up for this project, so currently I am the only one working on this.

Story:
Recently, Auir has received word of an attack on their northern Allies. The terran camp there was taken by some kind of Rogue Zerg army. They mutated more than half of the inhabitants their and are building up to attack the norther Auir gate, To the west their Terran allies are constantly sending help to fight off any attack that may harm Auir. Auir has brought life and water to a desert, Has produced food where no one else could. And has created a secret project that they plan to use only if Auir is in great danger. Zerg sees Auir as a chance to take some of their technology behind the actual battles. If zerg can gain some of this technology they will be able to produce weapons and implants for their army.

Classes:
Zealot
A warrior Class Focused on power and shielding to defeat its enemies.

Bandit
A ninja class that relies on stealth and assassin tactic to defeat its enemies.

Archer
A ranged class that focuses on Ranged weapons to defeat its enemies

Races:
Protoss:(Playable)
You are a grand warrior trained for years and has not had much action in your life, And now Auir shouts for your help.

Terran
:(Playable)
You are a mercanary that works for hire, Your team has convinced you to join the fight to save Auir.

Zerg:(Playalbe)
You were chosen by the zerg to help Auir through genetic mutation You were turned half protoss and half zerg. Giving you full control over your abilities. But it came with a price, You can never go back.

Evil Zerg:(Unplayable)
Some of the Zerg swarm decided to break off and become its own army, mutating Terran and protoss alike to form their army. There mission is to Destroy Auir seven times over. (meaning they are planning to destroy auir so much that there wouldnt be any way for them to return.)

Item list:
(Uncomplete)

Estimated completion time: 7 months (12/07/10)

Last edited:
Level 15
So will the mod be 7 different maps? or just 7 different areas inside of a map? if its going to be 7 different maps thats gonna be a problem due to the fact that bnet has a publishing limit of 5...

Solo mapping is a big undertaking hope you can handle ;) if you need anything related to scripting or anything in general just message me ill do my best to help.

Level 3
Hm, I dont really care about that, the plan is to switch maps everyweek (As in Every week I will switch the map out with another chapter (probably in order) And ill allow my map for DL eventually, that way people who dont feel like playing the one that I would have on Bnet can download the Chapters and play it.) And I should be fine, I have alot done with this and I have been doing two projects on my own. And thanks for the offer.

Also, Unlike many people who are angry at Bnet 2.0, I dont go freaking out and yelling at blizz. I just try and work with what they offer, And I know blizzard will be fine in the end.

Level 3
@Trillium
Oh that sucks, well im just gonna go with Auir couse thats already on my logo.

@Vengeancekael
Yeah i noticed that yesterday XD

And thanks everyone.

What >> you think this wont be finished? its already got a lot of RPG stuff done, I wouldn't throw it away now.
You've obviously never made a quality RPG before ... The time consuming stuff is not the "RPG stuff", but the content. Giving an expected time of 1 month per map is just ridicolous. I expect this to be on the level of twilights eve ... if not less.

Level 3
You know, Pounding on someones project is not taken likely and have you done anything good? just show me something you have done, and I will see what I think.

Oh and, A chapter is not one map, its a pack of maps FYI.

Level 9
First of all, Zwaibach ( sry for wrong spelling ) knows what he's talking about. He made a legendary RPG called Gaia Retaliation. But nontheless, he has no right to speak of this project way he did. He has a point about time, but he said it wrong way.

Second, after making first map, other maps will be much quicker, cuz he just needs to import all the systems. And terrain isn't such an obstacle.

And he can work on all his maps until they reach alpha or beta state and then release first one, polish seconds one in one month and continue on with others. And maybe most important, he is not alone :)

Second, after making first map, other maps will be much quicker, cuz he just needs to import all the systems. And terrain isn't such an obstacle.
It takes a lot of time to create high quality terrain. Actually, 2/3 of the time you invest into creating an RPG is about making good terrain. Good terrain is not simply spamming doodads and placing some tiles randomly. You need inspiration, you need feeling, you need knowledge of nature and how physics works in the real world to create good terrain.
The last third of time investment flows into creating spells and units, especially bosses with a unique AI. Unless you want to fight nameless zerglings all the time, this is something that is really time-expensive.
Not to mention quests and npcs, items, etc. ...

And he can work on all his maps until they reach alpha or beta state and then release first one, polish seconds one in one month and continue on with others. And maybe most important, he is not alone :)
Doesn't matter wether he is alone or not. Most of the time, two people can not work on the same project at the same time. That way you are always limited to how much one person can achieve in the given time.

And he even said that 1 month is for MULTIPLE maps, not just one ... Seriously, WTF?! This is getting even more ridiculous. He has obviously not the slightest clue what he is talking about.

It took me almost a YEAR to create all the stuff in Gaias Retaliation. And the map contains only 4 hours of content. And I had a team of two very skilled terrainers that allowed me to almost skip all the terraining tasks. And there were days where I was investing more than 10 hours a day into developing the map.

But good luck anyways. Let's talk again when realism takes over your mind, lol.

Level 3
Yeah, right now I am not working on the terrain so much, but more so on the actual systems and triggers. So you can just leave now, your making a pointless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.