• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Blademaster Chainmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh, just random thing i made in 5 minutes... what are your opinions...?
*not finished*

Attachments

• scrn.jpg
    scrn.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 593
Level 2
first of all if you were trying to make chain why in the world are the links so large.
Chain mail, is extremely hard to skin because of all the intricate metal rings. My best advice for help with chain mail is to look at some in real life.

Now, when you are placing clothing and or armor over the skin its usually best to shade around the areas that don't cover skin to make it look like it is actually above the skin, and not part of the skin.

You need to work on your shading as well, because from what i see there is none. Look at how light effects the way things look. is everything you wear always flat and shapeless. You need to shade the details too the models shape otherwise it looks bad unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Keep up the skinning!

Level 12
I think he means scale mail. Skinning scale mail or chain mail is pretty much a waste of time because none of the detail is noticed ingame unless you can get them to a high enough detail and contrast level which is fairly hard to achieve. Since you are new to skinning I suggest you start out with plate mail, or something of that variety.

Level 2
I actually agree with Camel's Hump on this. Chain mail is almost pointless to do in wc3 do to the fine detail it requires. However it looks good if used in small amounts as trim for somethings. such as the trim of a chest plate or the trim of a glove. or say the trim on the back of a helmet would look nice as well. but for the bulk when used to make an entire tunic of chain and such the unit will usually look like a ball of gray matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.