• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blackrock Mountain: A Hearthstone Adventure has gone LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
194715-albums4664-picture96649.png

Blackrock Mountain: A Hearthstone Adventure is NOW LIVE for the Americas (April 2 PDT), Europe, and China regions (both regions started on April 3).

This is Hearthstone's second adventure that is released during April 2/3 2015. (My greatest apologies for dishing a few days late news, this somehow bump my phone and it soon took me to write it as quickly as now or never)

Blackrock Mountain is a five-wing adventure, with each wing representing a raid or dungeon instance from the World of Warcraft Blackrock Mountain zone, a high-level area inhabited by fire elementals, Blackrock orcs, Dark Iron dwarves and the black dragonflight. The adventure features 17 bosses, as well as 9 Class Challenges and a challenging Heroic mode. By defeating these bosses, players can earn 31 new collectible cards, including 5 legendaries, and 18 class cards,[2] and a special card back. :wink:

194715-albums4664-picture96650.jpg

Players can purchase each wing of the adventure using either gold or real money, with discounts available when purchasing multiple wings using real money. The first wing unlocked April 2/3, with a new wing unlocking each week after that. :thumbs_up:

:fp: To further see more about the game, learn it more by clicking here: Blackrock Mountain: A Hearthstone Adventure
:fp: See the game's recent data updates here: Patch 2.4.0.8311

Level 34
I'm really enjoying it so far. Quite a few new cool cards, and the bosses and class challenges have all been awesome. Love the mage challenge.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am sorry but the news is unclear if the "wings" are World of Warcraft raids you need to run with your World of Warcraft characters or if they are some special mode in Hearthstone...

As someone who does not play Hearthstone I have no idea what it is. I am sure other people are in a similar position to me.

You might want to clarify that by making it clear that they are Hearthstone story mission things (or at least I think they are)? A "wing" is very ambiguous in this context as it generally refers to a place or part of an animal.

Level 4
So far, two adventure mode expansions have been released: Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain. Both of them have been/are being released somewhat episodically. Every week, a new wing is unlocked, and that wing contains a number of special boss challenges, along with class challenges where you must use a pre-made deck.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If you think of Blackrock Mountain as a raid, you're not too far from the truth.

It's exactly like WoW, the best and easiest comparision is Naxxramas and Icecrown Citadel. Naxx in WoW got 4 wings with a few bosses in each.

In hearthstone one wing = 4 bosses. Each boss you defeat gives you 2x of a unique card (same card for everyone) that's unavailable to get in any other way. You also get one unique legendary card after completing one wing.

Level 30
I am sorry but the news is unclear if the "wings" are World of Warcraft raids you need to run with your World of Warcraft characters or if they are some special mode in Hearthstone...

As someone who does not play Hearthstone I have no idea what it is. I am sure other people are in a similar position to me.

You might want to clarify that by making it clear that they are Hearthstone story mission things (or at least I think they are)? A "wing" is very ambiguous in this context as it generally refers to a place or part of an animal.

Strangely, I've been looking for a specific answer considering the term "wing" they used for the game, well to be precise. A wing started out in Hearthstone, its a sort of gameplay feature for the franchise, not World of Warcraft.

The term wing is like a "Phase", you must first complete or finish the first phase before you can continue to the second. Another example would be a book: the book(Blackrock Mountain Expansion) has 5 pages(phase/wing)

You would have to read the first page before you can continue to the next. Hope this clears something. :grin:

Level 6
Once again, blizzard tries and succeed to fuck us deep in the blackrock hole by releasing a troll about the World of Warcraft. They still target 14 to 16 years old players without considering that some players are now a bit older than 10 years ago.

25 dollars for a shitty content. the price of a brand new game in the old times. and the worst thing is, people buy it. Why ? because without any skill you can still win if you have enough legendaries cards.

I dont know if you noticed but pass the 14th rank. you cant play a game without seeing at least 3 legendaries in the opponent deck. Basically its like magic but ... you dont need to think your deck, you just need to have the right legendaries cards.

Level 6
Well it actualy does happens a lot, especialy since you need 700 gold to unlock one part of this stupid new event and there is 4 parts (plus one for the final as for naxx I suppose).

But a lot of players are complaining about their gold disapearing occasionaly. And I don't think this is a bug if you folow me ... So in order to save the 3500 gold you need to unlock the full content of this new event, you have to play .. a very long time.

Or simply use your mother's credit card !

Level 10
its a casual game, approach it as such.

Just get in your daily quests (about 30 min daily, or 1.5 hour once every 3 days) and unlocking a wing takes you about 2 weeks. And with this new "adventure" the most imba legendary is right in the first wing.

I've been playing hearthstone for a while now, casual, and I havent spent a single euro. Its true i havent really gotten past rank 15, but im not aspiring to be the best, just have some fun card games. And if you approach it like this its a fun game thats absoletly free.

I think its your mentality that makes it look bad from your point of view.

Level 6
Well I never spent a euro either and I'm playing as you every 3 days. I'm just constantly disapointed by blizzard and its extreme mercantilism. Also sick of loosing against noobs just because they have 5 legendaries in their stupid deck. Those cards are just too unbalanced.
Just take a look at magic cards and you will anderstand what I mean.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Well I never spent a euro either and I'm playing as you every 3 days. I'm just constantly disapointed by blizzard and its extreme mercantilism. Also sick of loosing against noobs just because they have 5 legendaries in their stupid deck. Those cards are just too unbalanced.
Just take a look at magic cards and you will anderstand what I mean.

If you played hardcore could have plenty of legendaries.

100 gold from wins + quest 40-100. That's a lot of card packs that you lose if you play 3 games every third day. And you expect legendaries for it? Then what should those who play 10x more get?

Also don't blame legendaries, it has been proven more than once that Hearhstone isn't P2W.
Trump got legendary with a F2P mage deck, Amaz lost to a rank 25 BASIC mage deck with his most played priest deck.
One of the most played decks ever Zoo Lock was fully capable of reaching legend when it was in its prime. Yet anyone who had played for more than a week could afford to craft it. Zoo lock back then had no epics, no legendaries. (not sure if it still is that way)

edit: Sorry for being salty about the topic, however this specific topic kinda angers me.

Last edited:
Level 21
I've never played either.I'm not exactly sure what it is either.Seems like its a card game

Level 6
Yes Chaosy. There is indeed 3 different playable decks ... I'm exagerating but what I'm saying is: hearstone doesn't offer much opportunities for a player to build his own specific deck. Because they are too scared of people crying and leaving the game if they loose to easily because they have been outsmarted. That's why they have all those big AOE damages and that's why they have legendaries.

Also I do have legendaries, I just hate using it because winning a game with ragnaros doesn't make me feel like a victory. Those cards are just way too overpowered.

I don't know if you ever played magic cards but you would anderstand what I mean. (the old cards of course not the new ones... it seems the brand has been bought by blizzard recently..)

(also its 10 gold per 3 wins not 100 per wins)

Level 6
Yes Chaosy. There is indeed 3 different playable decks ... I'm exagerating but what I'm saying is: hearstone doesn't offer much opportunities for a player to build his own specific deck. Because they are too scared of people crying and leaving the game if they loose to easily because they have been outsmarted. That's why they have all those big AOE damages and that's why they have legendaries.

Also I do have legendaries, I just hate using it because winning a game with ragnaros doesn't make me feel like a victory. Those cards are just way too overpowered.

I don't know if you ever played magic cards but you would anderstand what I mean. (the old cards of course not the new ones... it seems the brand has been bought by blizzard recently..)

(also its 10 gold per 3 wins not 100 per wins)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It's true to an extent. I honestly think that anyone can go to rank 15-ish with any deck as long as it has decent synergy. Playing a deck with 100% 1 drops might not make it to rank 15 though.

It's fairly true that you wont make it to legend (or any high rank) with just any deck. But then again, every game got one patch where THIS or THAT is OP and therefore everything else falls out of the meta. According to a youtube video I saw (I can link it if you don't believe me) MTG had 2-3 tops decks that were inevitably at the top. So there's no difference.

Also, MTG is a trading card game, while Hearthstone is a Collectible Card Game. It wouldn't really be much of a collection if all cards had the same value and rarity. Technically you should not compare them since they are of different genres.

And I know it's 3 wins per 10 gold. But the daily limit of the gold you gain from winning is 100 gold, that's what I meant.

Level 6
MTG had indeed top decks, well because the luck rate is well reduced and you can spend days creating a deck. So yes of course there was some top decks, each extension. BUT those decks could have been improved. In MTG when a new extension is released, some decks are not allowed anymore. So if you play the official, yes it's kinda the same as hearstone but at least you have the choice between many thousands cards, not .. 400. (and I'm saying 400 but I shouldn't count he last ones)

Hearstone just copied the magic principle, and they divided by 2 the amount of cards in a deck, the amount of same gards you can put in a deck. Result: it's indeed not a P2W because there is very little the player can actualy control. Like in world of warcraft after the level 70 when they started to control the armor sets and the talent trees so there is only ONE possible build for each class/specialization. Here they are doing the same because they don't like when smart players are having more fun than the dumb ones. (another example ? They destroyed the twinks just because they didn't think of it in the first place. And believe me or not, I invented twinks... at least on my server back in the old times)

Yes ... the dumb ones are the ones who represent more money.

You think I'm wrong? Well too bad that's how the video games world works now. And that's the reason why I'm on the hive.

You know what I don't mind giving money to a game when the game is good. But blizzard is creating video games based on only one principle now: money. The game must be good enough to bring them as much money as possible and frustrating enough to make players stay as much as possible. And that's why Riot, despite their huge lake of imagination, is on the top now. Because you can't buy skill, only goodies.

Level 17
i also never spend any money into hearthstone and after half a year i have enough cards to build some good decks. i bought naxx with ingame gold and i already have the money to buy brm with ingame gold without spending too much time on this game (1-2 hours every three days).
i dont agree with you in that point
I don't know if you ever played magic
to be honest, i always felt that big creatures in mtg have more value than in hs. if i play something big in hs, it just gets polymorphed or destroyed by big game hunter or any other removal card. however in magic, you usually get the big creatures out faster with mana producers or combos (show and tell, natural order, etc..). That forces your opponent to run low mana removal (like plowshares or counter) because the high mana removal is too slow (for example if assassinate would exist in magic, it would be pretty bad). Well and those low mana removals always have a negative effect. Hearthstone has something similar with naturalize, but who plays this card? noone. i only see this card against mill druid. and why? because big creatures in hs are way slower than in magic and also weaker and you can afford to run "high mana cost" removals like assassinate or whatever.

just an example: i have a tribal treefolk deck in mtg and if i draw the right cards i can have 2x 7/7 treefolks with trample on my board on turn 3. is that possible in hs? no, in hs you usually play your big minions on turn 7 or later and they just get removed. and for all the small minions, well you have massive aoe removals in hearthstone, you dont have them in magic (just a few, and again, those cost too much mana). i just feel that you cannot play big creatures in hs anymore (like rag), because small aggro minions are obviously stronger. ( except of dr. boom of course :/ still op )

Level 34
I agree with Gimli. HS at the core of it's mechanics, made large creatures really hard to use in decks. They have to have impact outside of stats. In fact it's hard to think of a creature used in competitive decks that is purely stats. I suppose Injured Blademaster and Ancient Watcher, but both have very skewed stats and come with drawbacks to compensate (and both are only used one deck each).

There is no fixing this as far as I can see. Maybe more anti battlecry/death-rattle cards could make a stat based deck worth, but I highly doubt that. They've tried to make counter cards, but each one only targets specific decks and so they're pretty useless.

I would like to see old cards buffed, but it seems that Blizzard is pretty set against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.