• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blackness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
replaying the FT Campains for cool secret area ideas.. i noticed that many of their secret places are somehow made blackbehind stones and doors and nothing making them kinda hard to c... i would like to know how to do this since im making some kinda weird troll in ruins village thingy :p

Level 4
I think you are referring to two things:

First, you want your maps initially be all dark, thus non-discovered. This is a scenario-setting (Scenario>Map Properties> uncheck "Hidden areas are partially visible").

In one of the tft campaign maps, I found this panda giving me some beer after teleporting over several cliffs and breaking some stones. Those stones were non-see-through, thus the area behind them was dark. Is it this what you are referring to? You can cut off and thereby hide areas by mapping and using breakables which need to be destroyed.

klovadis

Level 7
#1: make hidden areas non-visible in properties, like what was stated before

#2: can be done with triggers, apply a black mask over a region

#3: sight can be blocked with the visibility blocker dooded, which can be removed via triggers once the area is discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.