• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black_Ninja

A simple unit model for everyone. I hope this will be useful.
UPDATE:
New texture for some parts of the body. Thanks to -Grendel.

Keywords:
unit, black, ninja, eubz
Contents

Black_Ninja (Model)

Assets
Reviews
Frankster : Simple yet good model edit. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 15:15, Saturday 25th Saturday 2012
Frankster :
Simple yet good model edit.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

Level 9
It'd be awesome if you'd remove the net thingy from the spell anim, as then you could use the anim for throwing shurikens.

Level 21
I like on how it uses the Jungle Troll Berserker animations eubz.
Really great idea as well, and the concept from it is awesome.

Last edited:
Doesn't really look like a ninja with that heavy armor and thick sword, but w/e.

2/5, not one of your better models.

You need to find a suitable dark cloth texture (there are plenty) and use that. And make the sword brighter and thinner.

The face and sword handle look fine, though.

Edit: You've made it look even better, my rating is now a 4/5.

Last edited:
Level 7
It'd be awesome if you'd remove the net thingy from the spell anim, as then you could use the anim for throwing shurikens.

ooooo good idea, make it more ninja-like, i love the model, and i think it's pretty artistic with the markings on the armor. but he is a ninja, add shurikens and katanas on straps or something. also heavy armor isnt the best if your going with real life instead of fake, if oyur going for fantasy like then it's good :)

Level 49
at least sub-zero has lighter clothing than your ninja. my tip is to change the upper leg of you model to a cloth texture, the chest to something like the brewmaster's clothes texture. the rest, be creative. search the mpq for more fitting textures, there's tons actually.

Subzero_mkvsdc.jpg
Is he not some kind of ninja?

He's only wearing metal on a few parts of his body. Your model is entirely covered in metal, making it impossible to move quickly while still being stealthy.

Additionally, it's hard to sneak with a big blue glowing ball between your hands, so I wouldn't call that guy a ninja anyway. Sure his helmet is dark and looks like the typical ninja's mask, but the guy in that picture is pretty much a battlemage - In fact, he's even wearing the clothes of a mage across his chest.

Last edited:
Level 22
I'd suggest finding a cloth or teamcolored texture and geoset animationing it dark/black. The model is fine as is, though.

Where did that attack animation come from, though? It looks... off. Slower than I remember the 1-handed troll throw being.

Also, Idk how easy the troll skeleton is to work with, but I'd look into transferring another walk animation, as has been suggested. Troll headhunter comes to mind, but I somehow doubt their skeletons are compatible.

I'd suggest finding a cloth or teamcolored texture and geoset animationing it dark/black. The model is fine as is, though.

Where did that attack animation come from, though? It looks... off. Slower than I remember the 1-handed troll throw being.

Also, Idk how easy the troll skeleton is to work with, but I'd look into transferring another walk animation, as has been suggested. Troll headhunter comes to mind, but I somehow doubt their skeletons are compatible.

I agree with all except the headhunter animation, hes way hunched over and is holding a spear on the shoulder
dunno about his berserker-upgrade counterpart.. Oo

... maybe demonhunter run..

Level 7
He's only wearing metal on a few parts of his body. Your model is entirely covered in metal, making it impossible to move quickly while still being stealthy.

Additionally, it's hard to sneak with a big blue glowing ball between your hands, so I wouldn't call that guy a ninja anyway. Sure his helmet is dark and looks like the typical ninja's mask, but the guy in that picture is pretty much a battlemage.

Agreed, all true. and im not trying to pick on you, you must understand that. also lol on the ball comment

It's going better, now, much better, but there's still some metal to be removed.
The big helmet isn't really necessary, it should be changed to a cloth mask.
The gauntlets aren't such a good idea; a ninja needs fast fingers. You could have wristguards, sure, but not gauntlets.
And lol @ the metal ballguard, while the rest stays unprotected, haha. Ninja would probably be too dedicated to risk detection by overprotecting his sack though.
Also, feet. Can't sneak with metal boots on.
The sword still needs to be made more smooth and thin. You're using entirely the wrong texture for it, there are plenty of better textures to use for the type of sword that you need to produce, start looking through your MPQs. I don't feel like searching at the moment, but Textures/AxeBladeBlueSteel or something like that might be better than what you're currently using.

I raise my rating to a 3/5 for now.

Edit: You've made it look even better, my rating is now a 4/5.

Last edited:
Level 7
It's going better, now, much better, but there's still some metal to be removed.
The big helmet isn't really necessary, it should be changed to a cloth mask.
The gauntlets aren't such a good idea; a ninja needs fast fingers. You could have wristguards, sure, but not gauntlets.
And lol @ the metal ballguard, while the rest stays unprotected, haha. Ninja would probably be too dedicated to risk detection by overprotecting his sack though.
Also, feet. Can't sneak with metal boots on.
The sword still needs to be made more smooth and thin. You're using entirely the wrong texture for it, there are plenty of better textures to use for the type of sword that you need to produce, start looking through your MPQs. I don't feel like searching at the moment, but Textures/AxeBladeBlueSteel or something like that might be better than what you're currently using.

I raise my rating to a 3/5 for now.

XD ball guard, kinda makes the enemy want to stab you there, also heavy helmet fit better with the heavy ninja, however if it's a light ninja it must be a light helmet, and the sword should be changed to something more ninja-like, the one he has now is kinda like a schimitar

Hey, dude. Just remember that at the end of the day, it's your model, and everything said here is a suggestion. Some of these guys are talking as though their opinion is law, and it's rather annoying.

Once you're happy with your work, it's fine. Everything else is secondary.

Thanks for this man. Really uplifting.

Level 2
its ok but i think it should be with demon hunter walking and with a dagger(daggers or maybe even kunai's) or maybe(JUST MAYBE) you can add no weapon to make him range and throw shurikens

Level 22
Ooh. This is very nice. I think this is the best version yet.

My final suggestion would be adding pupils to his model. I haven't seen the portrait (assuming there's an external). But It'll cost you 4 polies and I think it could add something.

<3 the new animations. Good choices.

Level 22
Uh, no... Before, the sword was a rusty scimitar. The origin of those is not even close to Japan.

Wanna stop treating your opinion like fact? It gets annoying to read after a while.

Also, @Eubz, I don't know how you transferred the animations, but I'll assume oinker tools. Did you also use the anim remover to remove ones you're no longer using? Should drop the filesize a bit.