• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Winter's Depository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Just for the moderators, I don't exactly know where this should be so I put it in development.

Okay, this thread details mainly what I've been working on, though I've made about 20 half finished maps, Black Winter has always been my baby. I started out when I was around 11, with the first map you'll see, then the second around the age of 13, the third just died recently, and I started it when I was 14ish, and now, yes, I am beginning another attempt, this time with a multiboard inventory system, and a custom combat system, and some very stylistic terrain, slightly similar to Chernobyl Lost Riddles. Unfortunately I deleted the very first Black Winter map, so I can only give you these two to download.

Here are all of the maps, you can download and open them in World Editor. The third map may be of use to some people, it has a pretty detailed reload system that saves your ammo if you reload and your clip isn't empty, the ammo then gets put into a clip at the bottom of the stack, if there is already a clip at the bottom of the stack without full ammo, it gets added to that clip. It works just like any shooter such as Call of Duty or Battlefield, or anything else you can think of.

View attachment Black Winter.w3x

View attachment Black_Winter_v9.0a.w3x

Level 22
Back on-topic, let me just ask you guys, what type of combat system I should use for the final attempt at Black Winter.

Right now I'm stuck between, ability you use, then left-click your target, if you aren't facing your target you rotate quickly automatically. (I guess Grievous1 did something similar with Paranoia).

Or, set your facing angle with an ability, and attack with a separate ability that fires the bullet whatever direction you are facing? I'm leaning toward the first one. Also, once I finish "Sector 1" of the map, the only playable area I plan to have in the first beta, I will post pictures, it's about 60% done right now. I've almost laid all the ground work, I just need to add the small details.

Level 14
Back on-topic, let me just ask you guys, what type of combat system I should use for the final attempt at Black Winter.

Right now I'm stuck between, ability you use, then left-click your target, if you aren't facing your target you rotate quickly automatically. (I guess Grievous1 did something similar with Paranoia).

Or, set your facing angle with an ability, and attack with a separate ability that fires the bullet whatever direction you are facing? I'm leaning toward the first one. Also, once I finish "Sector 1" of the map, the only playable area I plan to have in the first beta, I will post pictures, it's about 60% done right now. I've almost laid all the ground work, I just need to add the small details.

Maybe a combat system like the famous survival map zaf? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-v1-03-a-179922/?prev=search=zaf&d=list&r=20

Status
Not open for further replies.