• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black&white like TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've come up with an idea of a TD that you can change everything u want ingame, terrain, textures, watering, heights and etc.
All of the above can be changed with commands or maybe even spells, I prefer spells ofc, because it will have manacost, and thats leading me to the theme of the TD.

Like in the game "Black&white" you'll play gods and you'll have your own territory that can be expanded by raising fate of ur existense in the humans you're in charge of, the more they pray the more mana you'll have.

here's the general idea, because i g2g XD and I'll work on it more later.
so feel free to say your opinion (ye I know it's short but I have no time now)

Level 14
Hello.Well,
-It IS a good idea: Changing terrain and being "a god in charge of humans" is good enough to keep you satisfied a while..
-BUT: You did not talk about the TD itself..All TDs are the same: Build towers, fight creeps, survive longer and longer, get bored, lose, be free.. The TD should be original, not only the changing terrain etc, but in rounds and all.
Exemple of a boring TD: you build towers, then, the wave starts, you kill mobs, you win the wave, you get more gold, you build towers, etc. then you leak too much, you lose.
Exemple of a good TD: Artifact TD (you should try it): Maze, start the wave, kill mobs, win the wave, more gold + wood, etc, until you reach a certain point where you have a huge score, then you can build new and better towers.The TD itself isn't long, which means DOES NOT let you get bored fast. but you can save/load in it, getting more score every time you play it.
Anyways, your idea is nice. Good luck.

~Herian

Status
Not open for further replies.