• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Black Square ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was working with my map then suddenly I used a trigger that would set the ambience to a creepy vibe.. then when I attached a light source to someone a blacksquare usually appears near torches or firepits.. Any way to fix this?
Check the map if I'm wrong..
+REP

Attachments

• Problem..PNG
    Problem..PNG
    401.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Cold Nights.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
From Dr. Super Good

The limit is 8 lights per batch of geometry. The lights are auto selected by the engine from nearby based on some black box algorithm. Additionally lights for the currently selected portrait will be placed around {0, 0} on the map. This stems from the old fixed function pipelines of pre-shader 3D graphics which only had 8 slots for lights per draw call.

In short, you have too many lights in your map. You can see the geometry (or you call it black boxes) mentioned at the screenshot you've uploaded.

You can use glow models (from UTM) instead to simulate lights instead of using too many omnilights.

Status
Not open for further replies.