• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

birth animation/event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read about my issue.

When I attach a glowing rune to the overhead attachment points I added to some rock chunk models, you can see the birth of the rune before it turns invisible (the units it's being attached to have permanent invisibility so enemies won't be able to see them).

I tried removing the birth animation, but you can still see the rune's stand animation for the same amount of time the birth would have taken. So, I guess the birth event is still occurring, there's just no animation for it. Is it possible to remove the birth event or reduce the time it takes to 0?

As always, thank you for reading about my issue and for any help.

Level 4
I added an attachment point to the rock chunk model (War3x.mpq
/Doodads/LordaeronSummer/Terrain/LoardaeronRockChunks/LoardaeronRockChunks1.mdx))

The model I'm using for the rune is (War3x.mpq
(/Doodads/Cinematic/GlowingRunes/GlowingRunes2.mdx))

I add the glowing rune to the rock chunk model as an overhead attachment (by adding an ability to the rock chunk unit with a trigger during the game). There seems to be a 2 second birth animation for the glowing rune, and even when I remove it through the sequence manager, it plays the glowing rune's stand animation for 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.