• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Big Bad Ass Boss Run (BBABR)

Reactions: Binsu and Allain55X
My entry for Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon contest.

The map is a demo boss battle for The Chosen Ones campaign. There are three bosses which you'll have to defeat. The gameplay is about same as the campaign. The map is focused on the fights only.

Some pictures:

118344d1349571897-almost-overa-mini-mapping-contests-drums-dungeon-one.jpg

118345d1349571897-almost-overa-mini-mapping-contests-drums-dungeon-two.jpg

118346d1349571897-almost-overa-mini-mapping-contests-drums-dungeon-three.jpg

attachment.php

Credits:

Models: Kitabatake, -Grendel, Tarrasque, Sellenisko, JetFangInferno

Keywords:
Aero, Aeroblyctos, Yurgimar, The Chosen Ones, Phodom, Fradz, Galeoth
Contents

Big Bad Ass Boss Run (BBABR) (Map)

Reviews
21:36, 9th Oct 2012 Vengeancekael:
Level 4
From the screenshots, its nice. Looks good! Will play it.

EDIT: Damn good! I love this game. The models of the boss are cool... wonder where you got it. The BOSS has high HP that makes it hard. Most of all, I love that you ve got to be fast on casting skill because the life of the 3 heroes aare just in 1000's and the BOSS are 10000+. Requires tactics too. But I just noticed that the 1st and 2nd BOSS are stronger than Yugrimar... (Yurgimar...meh whatever..). Why? The first 2 BOSS spams their skill that's why they are strong while Yugrimar doesnt even cast a single spell.

Here's my REVIEW for this awesome map.

GAMEPLAY: 40/40 - Perfect! The game itself is cool... No bugs!

TRIGGERS: 10/20 - Didnt see that trigger much just those teleporting each bosses and the command "-enter". Dont know for the skills of the BOSS if they are triggered but I am sure that the 3 heroes spell are not triggered.

HEROES: 17/20: The heroes are the best but the skill not triggered... but who cares! Still the game is enjoyable!

TERRAIN: 12/20 - Terrain too empty.... just some cliffs I see there.... but again.... who CARES! The game is cool!

TOTAL: 79/100

If....
you got 0 points = 0/5, no REP, and vote for rejection!
you got 1-20 points: = 1/5, no REP and vote for rejection!
you got 21-40 points = 2/5, no REP and vote for rejection!
you got 41-60 points = 3/5, +1 REP and vote for Approval!
you got 61-80 points = 4/5, +1 REP and vote for Approval!
you got 81-100 points = 5/5, +2 REP and vote for Approval!

So... you got 79... 4/5, +1 REP and vote for APPROVAL!

MAP MODERATORS... pls approve this cool map!

Last edited:
Level 30
Map Review
Big Bad Ass Boss Run (No Version/s Stated)

Rating System:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

'Big Bad Ass Boss Run' (BBABR) is a mini-game created for the MINI-MAPPING CONTEST: Drums in the Dungeon that lets 3 heroes to defeat all 3 bosses of the game.

"Since this is just a quick run play for the contest, and the full boss fight is based on your main map, the gameplay is actually neat, nothing much to problem and so as the difficulty such as no creep waves, no random runes popping out for your heroes to take out, no puzzles, and no patterns on how to defeat the boss so you just take them out with all of your heroes' damage which makes it user-friendly."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is plain to me, I'm not quite sure on how boss fights on hero maps should require a big space on the terrain or it was based on online-games? neither both of what I said, I guess it fits right in the theme, nothing much to explain here but this will do."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"For my conclusion, well the game is good, no bugs to be seen but the ending is quite unfinished? would you rather make a trigger that after killing the last boss it will take 5 seconds for the game to end or just pause the map after the game ends? just a suggestion but since the contest's submission is over and a poll is coming up, all I can say now is good luck with the votes and as well as the judge's commentary about this."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 37
Oh it seems like I've uploaded totally wrong version of the map. The current one doesn't even have the last boss which is the Yurgimar itself!

(well it does but the boss doesn't have a single spell and there's no ending trigger)

Now I uploaded the correct version. Hmm. I wonder why I didn't see this before. Hmm. I guess I was just too tired when I uploaded the map.

Also credit list updated.

Also description updated.

Also one more picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• nnanan.jpg
    nnanan.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 8,757
Last edited:
Aero I will not lie u, here is my thinking.
Terrain 1/10, rly dissapointed but u mentioned that terrain sux, upper rate in first post 12/20 so noobish, could u do it more realistic. Rly aero ever if u dont care u should spare 5 minutes on just spreadint doodads.
Spells 6/10. Buffs do no fits ex.stab from fradz totaly from icon u should also work and on tha, not triggered, but spells are done with good combinations and quite usefull.
Gameplay 9/10 gameplay cannot be perfect without at least some terrain quality, but boss spells are interesting.
U have to work rly a lot.
My rating is not for someone who loves ass kissers, it is for people who want to know what to fix. Btw how long were u working, day?

Level 37
I didn't felt like doing terrain because the map was only focused on the fights. I just created something and focused my time on inventing the boss fights. Also same for spells and actually everything else then the boss fights which I'll import to the campaign later.

But if you want to see a nice terrain go ahead create a proper terrain for the map. I'm doing now the campaign itself which is quite a big project.

It's hard to say exactly how many hours I've spend to the map but I would say something like 10 hours.

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hey Aero, I just beat your map. It was a very hard battle, but I managed to get through with 4 lives remaining! I have to say though, this is my least favorite of your three separate boss battles for The Chosen Ones, which are Xvareon, Yurgimar, and Angel of Fate. I'm not saying it was bad, although it could be improved. Unlike in Xvareon, I had no choice over which abilities I could choose. I also had no items, which were an option to take in both Xvareon and Angel of Fate. I could not customize my heroes in any way! However, I did like your choices of abilities for the heroes. I liked how only Fradz had an instant heal spell, so I had to adjust my strategy.
Now, with the boss battles. Luyju was the first, and a rather hard one. He had a very high attack damage, and seemed to always target Phodom, who has Heavy armor, which is weak to magic. I had to constantly keep Frost Armor and Rejuvenation on Phodom to keep him alive. The boss apparently had two spells, a gravity damage spell, and a mirrior image spell. I remember something very similar to the gravity spell in the fight against Nyrxz in TCO. The second spell, the mirrior image one, appeared very rarely. I'm not sure what triggered it, but whenever it did happen, I just restarted. 3 Luyjus with 100% damage, all targeting Phodom? That spell was a bit imbalanced. A last thing I would like to point out was the infrequence appearance of an enemy called a "Bomb." It seemed to do nothing besides move when it got hit.
The second boss, Baxxadar, was a much more memorable fight. I liked the "Great Eagerness" buff he had. His wandering made it seem more like fighting an animal, which I found good. He had no overpowered spells, and his spells such as his jump crush, the carrion wave, and when he falls to the middle are all dodgeable, and deadly if not dodged. I also liked how that battle had three phases, in the first he cast those spells, in the second he launched fireballs at anyone, and in the third he went on a rage. It was very intense in the third phase, where all damage spells must be used on Baxxadar before he can do much damage.
The third and final boss, Yurgimar, was a good boss fight, but at the same time long and boring. He had very high armor and incredible regeneration. Whenever he left the battle area to do one of his ultimate spells, random impale and Skeleton Lord Summoning, he seemed to have regenerated about 1/8 of his health, sometimes more during the Skeleton Lord Summoning. The random impale spell was good, it took a lot of skill to look around the room for the impaler units and move to dodge them. The Skeleton Lord summoning was annoying though. The Skeleton Lords seemed to have very high resistance to physical damage, and spells had to be sued on them. Well, I liked saving my mana for Yurgimar, because of his insane regeneration and 10 armor! Whenever a Skeleton Lord died, it was cool that random types of skeletons came out, not just one fixed type. All the Skeletons also seemed resistant to physical damage, which was annoying. Whenever he summoned the Skeleton Lords, it took so long for me to kill them and their spawns, when Yurgimar came back, he might have even regenerated 1/5 of his health, which was incredibly discouraging for me. The Skeleton Mages also gave gold when killed, which is a minor bug. When fighting the actual dragon, the fight was quite good, but a bit long. The huge impale was a very cool spell, but the spell animation gives the heroes just enough time to get out of the way. Yurgimar seemed to take a lot of damage from spells, which made for an interesting strategy. Do I kill his Skeletons with spells quickly to prevent him from regenerating, or do I hit him with all my spells to do a lot of damage before he casts an ultimate?
All in all, the fight was good, but the final fight was long and boring.
Still, great job Aeroblyctos! You are still my favorite map maker!
4/5

Level 37
Another boss fight made by you. Good Luck, hope you win. ;-)
The winner hasn't still be announced but there's still hope.

Hey Aero, I just beat your map. It was a very hard battle, but I managed to get through with 4 lives remaining! I have to say though, this is my least favorite of your three separate boss battles for The Chosen Ones, which are Xvareon, Yurgimar, and Angel of Fate. I'm not saying it was bad, although it could be improved. Unlike in Xvareon, I had no choice over which abilities I could choose. I also had no items, which were an option to take in both Xvareon and Angel of Fate. I could not customize my heroes in any way! However, I did like your choices of abilities for the heroes. I liked how only Fradz had an instant heal spell, so I had to adjust my strategy.
Now, with the boss battles. Luyju was the first, and a rather hard one. He had a very high attack damage, and seemed to always target Phodom, who has Heavy armor, which is weak to magic. I had to constantly keep Frost Armor and Rejuvenation on Phodom to keep him alive. The boss apparently had two spells, a gravity damage spell, and a mirrior image spell. I remember something very similar to the gravity spell in the fight against Nyrxz in TCO. The second spell, the mirrior image one, appeared very rarely. I'm not sure what triggered it, but whenever it did happen, I just restarted. 3 Luyjus with 100% damage, all targeting Phodom? That spell was a bit imbalanced. A last thing I would like to point out was the infrequence appearance of an enemy called a "Bomb." It seemed to do nothing besides move when it got hit.
The second boss, Baxxadar, was a much more memorable fight. I liked the "Great Eagerness" buff he had. His wandering made it seem more like fighting an animal, which I found good. He had no overpowered spells, and his spells such as his jump crush, the carrion wave, and when he falls to the middle are all dodgeable, and deadly if not dodged. I also liked how that battle had three phases, in the first he cast those spells, in the second he launched fireballs at anyone, and in the third he went on a rage. It was very intense in the third phase, where all damage spells must be used on Baxxadar before he can do much damage.
The third and final boss, Yurgimar, was a good boss fight, but at the same time long and boring. He had very high armor and incredible regeneration. Whenever he left the battle area to do one of his ultimate spells, random impale and Skeleton Lord Summoning, he seemed to have regenerated about 1/8 of his health, sometimes more during the Skeleton Lord Summoning. The random impale spell was good, it took a lot of skill to look around the room for the impaler units and move to dodge them. The Skeleton Lord summoning was annoying though. The Skeleton Lords seemed to have very high resistance to physical damage, and spells had to be sued on them. Well, I liked saving my mana for Yurgimar, because of his insane regeneration and 10 armor! Whenever a Skeleton Lord died, it was cool that random types of skeletons came out, not just one fixed type. All the Skeletons also seemed resistant to physical damage, which was annoying. Whenever he summoned the Skeleton Lords, it took so long for me to kill them and their spawns, when Yurgimar came back, he might have even regenerated 1/5 of his health, which was incredibly discouraging for me. The Skeleton Mages also gave gold when killed, which is a minor bug. When fighting the actual dragon, the fight was quite good, but a bit long. The huge impale was a very cool spell, but the spell animation gives the heroes just enough time to get out of the way. Yurgimar seemed to take a lot of damage from spells, which made for an interesting strategy. Do I kill his Skeletons with spells quickly to prevent him from regenerating, or do I hit him with all my spells to do a lot of damage before he casts an ultimate?
All in all, the fight was good, but the final fight was long and boring.
Still, great job Aeroblyctos! You are still my favorite map maker!
4/5

Hey thanks for the feedback. Last few days I've been testing these bosses in the campaign itself and I've improved a lot of these bosses. They're far better than in this test map.

Level 30
Wow, I have played this map and it is awesome. Requires fast reaction to everything to manage to win. Bosses knows how to spam skills that makes harder to battle. Heroes are given unique skills that are useful in times in the battlefield. I would rate this 5/5 and a happy +REP, my friend.