• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A huge big bad war!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

A huge big bad war! (Map)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The terrain was good. Camera movement seemed quite senseless (was it randomly generated?!), and I think it was after a while quite boring (they faught and faught and faught...).
You should also compress the music more, 192Kbps is even less necessary than 5,8 MB for this cinematic. And you can cut the borders of the map with Menu Scenario|Map Size And Camerabounds, so it doesn't appear as empty as now in the minimap! :wink:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
There are some freeware tools to encode MP3. I use iTunes although it's more a tool to organize your music. To reencode a music file to MP3, open it with iTunes select it and press [Ctrl]+[,] to go to the preference panel and there select "advanced" and "import". Choose the MP3 encoder and use "Custom Settings" from the list. I recommend at last 128Kbit (stereo) for music for Warcraft III. You can also select mono-encoding; nearly nobody will notice it and you get only half the file size. Then close the window and select "Convert to MP3" from the advanced menu. Select the new file in the main window and press [Ctrl]+ for information like its path.
I hope I could help you! :wink:

Level 16
Not that interesting cine. Just normal battle with lot of units and it goes on and on. And you cant exit the cine by pressing Esc! Uh oh, well alt+f4 does the trick too (some ppl dont remember it), but it gave the feeling like u just wanted whoever watching this to suffer.