• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Way To Make - Barricading Doors/Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to have a unit who can barricade doors and windows but I am not sure the best way to set this up.

I want him to have to build the barricade like you do any other building, but it I want barricaded doors and windows to have to come from existing doors and windows. Is there any way to have a building do the upgrade to action but require someone to start building on it to make this work? Maybe when the upgrade To is clicked, the building is replaced with an equivalent building that needs to be constructed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Level 6
what about using an item on a building?

Item with building target, then trigger it to be like 'If building is A, then, else if Building is B, etc.'? But would the unit then continue to build the building or would it just construct itself the way stuff like Tiny Castles and other Tiny buildings do?

Thought that does give me an idea of having a 'Wooden Boards' item you use on the door/window that starts the building process. Now just to get the guy to have to build it once he starts the way human peasants build.

Status
Not open for further replies.