• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] They just wont attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all.

I'm currently working on a zombie survival map with a few players locked up in a house with zombies trying to get in from every possible doorway.

The problem is, the zombies just wont attack the barricades. They just hike to the bottom of the map without even trying to attack.

I have tried to add a periodic trigger that after every few seconds it recommands them to attack/move to the center of the house, but this doesnt help either...

I basicly just want them to attack anything in their path to get to the player.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think i just got them not to retreat, but now they all hunk up and attack the closest barricade to me. Is there a way to get them to attack the closest barricade to them?
Btw, the barricades are player owned buildings, not destroyables.

Edit 2: Someone just helped me out on this. Thanks anyway. Can mods please remove this thread?

Last edited:
Level 3
ok all ya need to do is make two regions one up one down ... in the first region you spawn them and order them to attack move to the second region and they will attack any enemy in there way ... :)

Thats still the problem, i want them to attack from all 4 sides of the map. I've got 4 spawn points on each side of the map so far, and on each side there is an opening into the house.
Once spawned, my triggers order them to attack move to the center of the house.

I finally got them to attack, but now they wont search for the fastest way in, they all seem to go to one barricade and start pounding that alltogether. I dont want my zombies to be that smart!xD

make the barricades units who cant move (hovering movment type)

My barricades are supposed to be buildable. On the start of the match all entrances are opened. Plus, they need to be upgradeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.