• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Warcraft III model and soundset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I dislike such threads, because they are too many to count, I would love to collect opinions on this.

Which model do you find the most well-made in the Warcraft III engine (concept and modelling-wise)? I am speaking of Blizzard's models.

Which soundset do you find the most attractive to listen, to a point that you have been thinking of the quotes every now and then?

My answers:
Best model: Eredar Diabolist
Diabolist.jpg

Best soundset: Maiev
I really can't stop listening to her voice. She is mysterious, she is strong, I simply love it. Best quote from her:
"Perhaps.. though there are a few powers left in the world capable of raising islands from the deeps" & "Illidan is out there, somewhere"
There are many many more quotes I like, but these one are simply epic, it makes me imagine the process of the islands being brought up from the underwater.

Alternative: Banshee
with her "Let my cries cheer the living"/"You brought me back?"/"Why have I been suffered?"

Level 13
Best model : Illidan (Evil) + Icon

Soundset : Troll Hunter (Orc hero), i have no arguments, but i really like his "ya mon" :)

Alternative : Illidan (Evil)

Level 9
i think the best model is Kal'jaeden or what his name :/ when he was in the outland, you know, the big one ..... :D

soundset ....
hmmm ....
Dreadlord XD
when a phone ringing "hello, i'm sorry, this is dreadlord not a druglord"
that always makes me LOL XDDDD

Level 8
Model: Illidan (Evil) (like DUH !!!)
soundset: Goblin Zeppelin with his 'I laugh in the face of danger! AH HA HA HA HA HA!'
Alternative: priest with his 'Side effects may include: dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, water retention, painful rectal itch, hallucination, dementia, psychosis, coma, death, and halitosis. Magic is not for everyone. Consult your doctor before use.'

Level 26
my favourite model is the Quilbeast, because it uses the most detailed texture and the animations are also superb.

no clue about the soundset, because there are many good ones. But I really like the voice of the german voice actor of the succubus :>

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Flying sheep are awesome. There's a lot of neat models, I think I might like Traxex the Drow Ranger Tauren Chieftain the most.

Pretty much all the "Pissed" lines are great, but I generally like the dwarves, pandarens and trolls a lot. Here's a few of my favourite lines:

(Extracted from WikiQuote)
"Could you put some bonus points in my drinking skills?" - Mountain King
"Snatch the pebble from my hand, grasshopper." - Blademaster
"Only two things come from Texas, and I've got horns." - Tauren Chieftain
"F34R MY L33T $K1LL$!" - Dryad Archer
"You're be the baddest soul in town, mon." - Shadow Hunter
"Where I lay my head is home. See that rock? That's my pillow." - Beastmaster
"Ale is my bear necessity." - Pandaren Brewmaster
"What we have here is a failure to communicate." - Bandit Lord
"Twin blade action, for clean close shave every time!" - Blademaster
"Reply hazy. Try again." - Far Seer
"Look at me, I'm happy." - Shadow Hunter
"I've lost me head! It was about, ah, yea big, I was keeping in on my spear. If you find it let me know." - Rokhan
"Death be a real trip man!" - Rokhan
"If I have wings, why am I always walking?" - Dreadlord

Ah well, I've overdone it. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Fixed. :p

Model: Goblin Tinker
Soundset: Goblin Sappers

"Light the fuuuuuse!"
"Do not run. We are your friends!
"We come in peace!"

Oh right, I was citing Wikiquote. P:

Level 16
I love how the peasant model,they appears in mini-games, with its low poly count, it still so great and horribly Funny, xD

alternative : Maiev Model.just looks too cool, the concept, the looks, :D
Sound Fav : Sylvanas : all her sound, particularly "Its time to even the scales", it keep me going onwards :p whenever i am in a bad situation.

She just sound so Badass ! xD elegant, beautiful, yet cunning.

too bad they change her sound in WoW, so i stop playing WoW, and goes back to Wc3

Level 4
Model: Illidan (Evil)
Soundset: Witch Doctor

Illidan's beast, everyone knows that. And the Witch Doctor is PURE BAHAMAN MADNESS!!!
"IT'S A COOKBOOK. A COOKBOOK!!"

Level 3
I think it is Illidan evil

{EDIT}
if about model....and soundset it is a dwarf king(not Muradin) and succub(in russian translate very funny all characters but those for me most funnyes)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.