• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best of the Wurst 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey, I tried MapOptimizer without script optimizations.
It still reduces the map size by roughly 30% and the map is playable again - thanks!

Because it removes editor files and some other junk.

I have another question ...
The other day I was trying to create some units using the UnitObjEditing module et. al. however, even though compiletime function was running and even created some legit output in the build folder, I couldn't do anything with those created unit types, e.g. I wasn't able to create them via createUnit.
Can you tell me what I am possibly doing wrong here?

Edit:
Third Question: Is it somehow possible to just edit some already existing units at compiletime? I basically just want to generate their tooltips depending on some encoded values since keeping those in sync manually is really painful. But besides that I like having them in object editor for all other stats, especially the graphical parts.

This isn't the right place to ask questions. You should open a new thread in the trigger & scripts forum.
#1 Most likely you are using wrong ids or have different expectations of what's happening. Need more info.
#2 You can't modify objects via compiletime and through OE, but I agree that preview for visuals is useful.
We have a wip branch using vscode code lenses to provide similar graphical UIs, but it's not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.