• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Best combat technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I had a debate with my friends on which is the best combat technique one could learn, and I wanted to hear the opinions of THW.
What do you think, in your opinion, is the best combat technique?
Muai thay? Kung fu? Aikido? Ninjutsu? Or even less popular, such as Wing chun.

Level 3
I may not be able to tell you the best combat technique but I can tell you how to defend yourself against wrestlers and Christian priests.
Step 1: you go to your local supermarket.
Step 2: You buy some olive oil.
Step 3: You smear the olive oil all over the body.

That way you will be extremely slippery and nobody will be able to take advantage of you.
I have also heard that if you get hit by a bullet, the bullet changes course upon impact.

So what you get is a win win situation. You are now an efficient blood crazed hand to hand combat warrior and it saves you the money of buying a bullet resistant vest.

on a side note that is probably offtopic, i am a wing chun practitioner and as a matter of fact i firmly believe this is very, and i mean very effective.

Level 11
jeetkunedoa.jpg

Nuff said.... :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Kic Jolass Ido

Anyway, I don't know, depends a bit on what kind of people you plan on fighting and what kind of guy you are (physically) as well as how you like to fight. I mean, there's a reason there are so many styles. None of them are the best, maybe one is the best for you, but it's not the best of all martial arts.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

"Watch out! I am trained in the ways of calling the police, you do not want to fight me!"
"AH! Don't move, I have the speed-dial ready on my cell, in my pocket - I think? .. oh wait, it's in the.."
*IMPACT*

Very efficient.

Level 15
Learn to rabbit punch people.

Also, don't use jeet kune do unless you have godlike natural reflexes and have been training in martial arts nonstop for 5+ years.

There's a reason hardly anyone uses it, because it requires you to focus so much on speed and dodging and counter punches/kicks that if you're not quick enough you will die.

Level 6

Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?

But seriously, IMO the best way to win a fight is to vomit in the other guys eyes. It worked for me. All interest in fighting flees one's mind when stomach acid is introduced directly to the eye socket.

Also, a guy scissor locked me around the neck once. I bit him on the his nut sack. He kept hammer punching the top of my head which just made my jaw clench tighter. He cried like a girl.

I just fight dirty in general. No such thing as a fair fight. If anybody who picked a fight thought it would be fair they wouldn't pick it. They choose fights based entirely on the certainty of personal success...In my experience. Ever notice that people who fight allot bitch when they lose because the other guy cheated? There is no cheating. Fighting IS dishonorable.

Unpredictability is key. I had a friend in high school who won a fight by punching a guy in the foot. I've never started a fight, but I've only lost 2.

Level 10
It really depends on who your opponent is.

For example,
Is it paper, scissors (EDIT: fire source)...
Is it Iron Man, very strong magnet...
Is it Chuck Noris, Chuck Noris.

And it also depends on your goals. Do you want to destroy your opponent, or just inflict a lot of pain? Or what is it you want?

Here are some of my favorites:

1) Pull hair, if opponent isn't bald.
2) Finger nails.
3) Water boarding. I don't know if this is actually not a torture technique rather, but they did claim USA never used torture, so I'll just categorize this as combat. Nah, more like real gentleman SPORT!

Level 27
3) Water boarding. I don't know if this is actually not a torture technique rather, but they did claim USA never used torture, so I'll just categorize this as combat. Nah, more like real gentleman SPORT!
More like a real sadist hobby.

Erm, oh pretty useful and real technique is grabbing what you can and using it as weapon. Seriously, yu can use grapefruit to blid opponent, bottle or something sharp to injure him, and blah blah blah...

Level 6
Break the attackers face with your elbow, make sure he stays down, and leave the scene before the authorities arrive.

It's kind of ironic that this piece of advice was given to me by a military police chief...

There was a guy that was hunting me down around town about 8 years ago in a black pickup truck...a really nice shiny black cadillac with shiny chrome all over it. Used to throw slurpies at me and stuff. One time he almost killed me, accidentally, and then sped off laughing. A cop friend of mine got his licence plate and radioed him in. Another cop demolished his cruiser smashing into the pickup the next day. Then he fined the guy for parking illegally. He was parked legally.

My point is, cops get pretty frustrated spending all that time hunting bad guys just to have the suits let them go again. They like dishing out their own punishment once in a while. Especially if it helps a friend.

You're probably best off learning as many styles as you can (if you anticipate fighting), no form is perfect and many are more situational (things like grapples aren't exactly something that you can use universally) and dependent on the other persons fighting style.

I myself have learned Tae-Kwon-Do, it's a pretty effective generic fighting style in that most techniques are basics (it's very oriented in mastering the basic techniques and using them, very un-flashy). If you were to use it in an actual fight it'd mainly be in your best interest to skip the formalities and take the opponent down with a single strong blow (probably a side-kick or punch). The main downfall of this being that it has very little in the way of defense should the opponent be using submission or grapple type fighting styles, the point is to take the other person down quickly with a single blow, not to draw it out with complicated holds (if this were the case you'd be best keeping your distance and waiting for the other person to make a move, or you yourself to try and end the confrontation before the other has the time to attempt an approach).

-
And wow, fiba you're avatar makes me want to clean my brain with rubbing alcohol just to get the memory of that image out of it.

Level 7
If you're looking for the best combat technique, you'll never find it. There's no best combat technique, since all of them have weaknesses and advantages. I personally favor not to start fighting at all... until he starts the fight, and then use it. Use it only in self-defense.
But if you ask me what I would love to learn, that would be Kapoera/Capoera/however it's written... then I'd know to fight and dance at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.