• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im trying to get a berserk ability to work. what i want is to be able to activate it (like immolation or mana shield) and when i do it makes the unit attack faster, do more damage, and take extra damage. i made a dummy ability based off immolation im just a little fuzzy on how to make it work (without making dummy units to cast spells)

Level 2
just said i dont want that... -.-

{EDIT}
ok so i got berserk to work how i want. u click the button and the unit moves faster and takes more damage indefinitly. now all i need is to know how to turn it off without triggers.

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah, you can't really do it without a trigger as there is no base ability.
The trigger would be pretty small. You could base it off of manashield and just have it absorb no damage per mana point.

Level 6
ok so i got berserk to work how i want. u click the button and the unit moves faster and takes more damage indefinitly. now all i need is to know how to turn it off without triggers.
activate another berserk ability with lesser duration like 1 sec.
it goes like this..
berserk1 has indefinite duration.
berserk2 has 1 sec duration.
if a unit used berserk1 then cast berserk2 the berserk effect will be replaced with 1 sec duration so it will be like turning it off.

Level 2
thank you swipe thats actualy realy helpful.
and codemonkey. dont repeat messages, and if your not going to contribute something helpful just dont say anything because i realy dont care about your closed minded opinion.

anyway i tried it and there was an interesting issue where i would click deactivate and the activate ability would cast (presumably because i copy pasted). i solved it by making a trigger to remove the activate ability and add the deactivate ability.

thanks again swipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.