• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Behaviors not listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am trying to make a hero that levels up, but the behavior that I created is not showing up in the dialog that allows you to add the behavior to the unit? Any idea. BTW I am on a mac if it makes a difference

Level 4
If you used DUPLICATE behavior to create this new Behavior, there is a glitch that will make it not show up in the DROPDOWNS that let you choose it.

The only way to solve this is to use the "ADD OBJECT" function istead, and select "Copy From" dropdown to select the behavior you are duplicating to make your own. This makes them list correctly from what I have seen.

(also, alternatively, make sure you didnt give your new behavior a prefix name - that would make it list elsewhere in the alphebet)

Level 1
Thanks that worked, what I had been trying was to click add object but I wasn't copying from another behavior. Also what is the difference from creating a new object, duplicating an object, and copying from an object, and how do you know what you should duplicate? Like what actors to duplicate with an object?

Level 4
You would have to manually locate the original actors used for the unit you are COPYING from.

The difference I ASSUME there is, since there is that glitch with duplicate. is that. When you DUPLICATE is that is AUTO names the new unit for you as a COPY. and give it the ID of Copy as well. (You will also have to manually change any DUPLICATED checkboxed data's name and id to remove the word COPY and rename it to what you want. And that in istelf can break things.

But when you ADD Object you can set a new ID and name right from the start, so it is not in any way a Duplicate, even if you select a unit or data to copy from, as it populates the new unit with the new ID you choose, yet COPIES the field data from the other unit verbatum, even if you have named it differently.

Sometimes, I notice that Duplicating it will set the model for my duplicated unit to TRY and load a model named "asset/models/blahblah_copy.m3" instead of the orig models setting that doesnt include the suffix _copy. This new model of course, doesnt exist... unless I can make one. lol. Which I have no skill to do. So you usually have to manually change it back to the correct model you wanted.

So basically its trying to load a model based on your duplicated units ID and name, rather then using the orig units model.

THis glitch doesnt show up much for EVERY duplication. I tried to reproduce it on my own terms in regards to my explaination, but it wouldnt happen. It may be that theyve partially fixed this, or it only happens under certain circustances.

Status
Not open for further replies.