• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Because he can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
In the bored times of my afternoons, I put together letters and words into sentences, which build paragraphs and result in two chapters of my only story I ever managed to finish a chapter. Behold. And...well, I dunno...something should be told here, shouldn't it? meh~

~

Clock is ticking slowly. John can hear it behind him on the wall, but decides not to look as he would just get disappointed. As he starts filling another paper with information, he takes a brief look at the queue line in front of his stall. He sighs and gets back to writing. In days like this he regrets his choice of career and he almost wishes that something interesting happened here. Almost.
He frowns and scratches what he just wrote and writes it next to it again. At least he is forced to focus on the work, else he gets fired. This way, he can't think much about how miserable his life is.
One of the clients coughs. Oh great, now he might get ill with one of those ugly fevers.
John hands out paper and calls "Next". A rather tall man comes into the stall window and keeps quiet and nervous. John doesn't have time for some slow folk "Listen, man, Say what I can help you with or go away, you can't stand in the line and block other people's lives." The man smiles a bit and puts hand inside his coat "Alright then..." he takes out something from metal and points the barrel at John "I want money. Lots of it." He covers his head with a sock and looks behind him. The people start to panic as few other men take out guns and start shouting "Everyone keep calm. Keep calm and nobody will get harmed!"
People slowly stop screaming and fall into silence. "Good" the one near the stall says "Now, as I said, open the vault and get out of the way!" John thinks about his boss for a second, but decides that he doesn't matter now. He stood up, opened the side-door to the stall and went to the basement to the vault door, followed by the tall robber.
Slowly passing through security measures, John can hear angry man shouting something and then two shots, people screaming for a moment, then another shot and dead silence afterwards. Finally passing all the security measures, John starts opening the vault door itself, revealing a big mess made of money bills, coins and bags of money. The robber walks in, looks around, turns around and whistles. Two more robbers get there, grab bags of money and walk away again. The robber pushes John out of the vault "Now, how about going back to the other people and act as my colleagues say, ok? I won't need you here anymore."
As John goes back, he can hear men screaming, silent rustling of a coat and people chattering. When he is about to go up the stairs, he can see a big figure of a man with a brown hat up on his head and brown coat covering his body. His hands covered in blood and his face hidden by a grey mask. The man is going down the stairs, silently, and only noise he makes is the rustling of his coat. He doesn't seem to care that John is in his way and would just stomp him if he didn't divert near the wall. The man keeps walking towards the vault and John decides to follow him, seemingly charmed by his silent walk. When he gets in the vault, he approaches the robber and punches him sideways. The robber's body falls silent on the ground and two grey wings emerge from his back. The man bends over and takes one small bag of money and walks out, just barely not hitting John again. John closes the Vault door and follows him up. When he gets there, he is already gone, but there are several dead bodies of robbers and one of a civilian, all with some weird wings covering them, but slowly disappearing into the air....

~

Mack kicks a stone forward and sighs "The suit's hot."
The sun is burning and air is almost burning skin. As always during their lunch duty. They knew it will be as this, but they didn't avoid any single opportunity to complain about it. At least Mack didn't. Quant doesn't care too much to actually say something. He barely talked when he didn't have to, but he doesn't mind Mack's whining about things. At least it cleanses the awful silence of the day's hottest hours.
"And soon my legs will hurt!" Mack continues. Quant knows what he is speaking about. Their suits are heavy and their stinker is long. And it got repetitive. Only thanks to that, Quant doesn't have to talk that much. Otherwise he would have to speak about which path to take or where to turn. And that would spend too much of the suit's energy. And he needs that to keep himself cool for these hours.
Their stinker barely had any interesting moments. Every now and then they have to solve some problems of the civilians and if the problems are of dangerous nature, even then they only have to just call in the action unit and get the rest of their duty off for the day.
Their job is simply boring walking around in the dusty and searing streets of west sectors of Hurrur, making sure that there isn't any riot on-going and that other patrols are ok.
Two gunshots sounding from just two blocks away from where they are now. That is a new situation. Quant got excited, "Let's go" he spits out, just loud enough for Mack to hear. Their movement rapidly sped up, as the suits they are wearing have the leg enhancing technologies needed. But they couldn't prepare them for the sight they saw when they turned around the corner near one local bar.
A guard, in similar suit to theirs, impaled on a long metal stick resembling sword stuck to the wall of the bar. Quant's breathing fastens up and he turns on additional oxygen mode, to ease his breathing "these suits have everything" goes through his mind as his eyes sweep across the street. Only to find a young man, maybe a boy, not looking much younger than Mack, which is standing next to him. The boy kneeling on the ground next to dead body, possibly of a young girl, crying and holding her hand in his. "Mack, cover me." Quant says and steps forward, towards the boy, sweeping around, up and down to make sure there isn't any danger present. The boy notices him by the noise of his voice and looks at them with his teary eyes "Please, go away!" he screams and starts getting up.
Quant raises his gun "We mean no harm, step back and show us your empty hands!" he repeats the phrase which he has used so many times on the training fields.
The boy still standing looks down on the girl at his side "Go away!" he roars and new bunch of tears locks up in his eyes.
Quant can hear Mack asking "The team?" but he just shakes his head. It's time they solved a conflict without calling them in. Otherwise they will be in this boring position till their death.
"Last warning, step back now and you won't get harmed." Quant raises his voice and turns on the aim lock feature of the suit. He never had the possibility to use it outside of training. It's about time.
The boy quickly lunges forward and grabs the metal stick faster than Quant manages to press the trigger, unloading two shots into an empty space, but the following three hit the boy's stomach. The boy collapses down, still holding on to the stick which is stuck into the wall, through the dead guard's body. He spits out a pinch of blood and slowly starts pulling onto the stick, getting onto one knee. Quant aims for his head and presses the trigger once, switching onto penetrating bullet before. As he does so, the boy's arms rip out the stick incredibly fast and swing sideways, reflecting the bullet and a window to his left breaks and crashes noisily.
"I told you to go away." the boy says right before his eyes get covered in purple gel. The dead guard's body finally fall to the floor and Quant notices burned ashes spilling out of his armour.
"What the..." He hears Mack's unfinished sentence right before both of them start unloading their magazines onto the boy. Same purple gel starts erupting out of the stick and catching the bullets mid-air and sticking to walls around, finishing their motion there.
The boy leaps forward to them with a scream and insane speed of motion.
As the sun is setting, new patrol is following their ordinary trail, only to find empty armour suits with missing pieces, ash scattered around and bunch of purple gel sliding down the walls, vaporizing.
~
Wyatt wakes up to a sunlight shining through a hole in the curtains, right at his head, into his eyes. It burned. He wants it to stop, but he can't. He can only accept his fate. Fate of light shinning into his eyes, waking him up. He giggles at the naivity of that thought.
Then he starts noticing things around him. A small sand colored room. He has never seen such. Its essence is different from that which he knows from home.
-Is this heaven?
-More like hell.
The air is heavy, full of dust.
-Did I die? Or is this a dream?
His stomach hurts.
-No, this isn't a dream.
-But am I alive?
His body doesn't move even if he tries hard.
A vasp lands on his face.
-I hope there are no vasps in hell.
The vasp takes off and flies out of the window, leaving him alone.
He notices sounds coming from there.
Talking.
Car movements.
Shouting.
Shooting.
People screaming.
-No, I am alive. Or well, close to it.
The shooting recalls memories.
Memories of his death.
-No!
-I am here!
-Alive!
-I am breathing!
But he can't move.
He remembers now.
His little sister stealing a bread from the salesman, soldier following her, shooting aside just to scare her. But she tried to avoid the shooting and jumped into it.
His anger.
Metal stick lying on the ground.
The sound it made when he picked it up
The soldier kneeling infront of her dying body.
Feeling of the stick stabbing through the back of the soldier's armor.
Soldier's realization.
Soldier's protests.
Soldier's realization that he dropped his gun when he shot.
The sound the soldier made when the stick finally pierced his armor.
Then his own protests against two new soldiers.
And then the bullets diving into his stomach.
The insane pain, fading away to the purple light.
-I am dead...
Steps.
-That's why I can't move.
Steps on a wooden surface closing in.
-And I am just a ghost watching someone, somewhere lying. Nothing more.
Stept right behind door to the room.
-But if so? Can I feel his emotions?
Door opening. Older man with a tray.
-Can I feel his pain?
"So, getting better?"
-Can he know I am here watching him?
His body doesn't move still.
"Oh well, I brought you some food, but I guess it's still to early."
-Can I message him? Tell him what I know?
"But you gotta drink..."
The man takes a bottle, opens it and forces him to drink some liquid.
-And what if he dies?
"Let's see how your injuries are."
The man stripps down Wyatt's shirt and cuts bandaids on his stomach.
-Will we both move on to someone else?
"Well, your wounds are sure getting better. Considering how much damage those bullets did to you...."
Then he puts on new bandaids and puts his shirt back on.
-Or will we split?
"I still have some work to do, so I'll leave you to your thoughts, again. And please," first time a little bit of sadness could be seen in his eyes "don't take way too long."
-And will we....
The purple darkness covers everything again as the man leaves the room.
~
"Quickly, the wardrobe!" She said as she was looking through some boxes under a bed. Her partner started opening drawers on the wardrobe and throwing things out.
It was dark. It would be easier to search for things during sunlight, but certain jobs need darkness for success. And she knew it. "Why didn't we take a flashlight, again?" he asked as he was trying to open a small box he just found. "Because they might find us." she responded with a slight tone to her voice. "But he isn't even at home. And he wasn't for several days. Who might find us?"
She stopped and dropped a piece of cloth back into the box she just opened. She stared into darkness and listened. "...them..."
"Who them?" -click- "Wow, look what I found!" he gasped.
She got thrown out of her thinking by a bright gray light coming out of the box he was holding. "Close it! Before someone finds us!"
"But, it's so beautiful....." he sat down with the box still opened, staring into it "..as if it was gifting my soul..."
"What are you-" she sensed a beat in the air coming from the box "Close it! Now!" as she stood up and rushed to him. When she touched the box, his eyes turned gray and he growled "Go away! This is my treasure!" and he smacked her hand away. The hit was as cold as darkness. She slapped him in the face with all her might right after. While he was standing up she fast caught the box, took one brief look into it and closed it. In that look she saw herself in a middle of metal-blue mist, with something shining yellow in her hand.
Her partner released a hissing sound and tried to grab her leg. But she was way too fast for him. She figured out she gotta escape him now. And fast before something happens.
Firstly she aimed for the door, but he rolled in her path fast. She looked around. Window. She smashed it open and climbed into it. She didn't want to jump out because she was on the second floor.
"My treassure! Return it to me! My Treasssssure!" she heard while she was climbing down the wall.
Another beat in the air, this time coming from the west.
Escape! The only thing that mattered to her now.
She jumped over a low fence, which caught her black leggins. She started to run.
"Citizen!" a Clear Future soldier shouted on her.
She sent a sight back and took a turn on a corner.
Some crashing noise was heard back from the house "Treasureee...", the voice lowered as she kept running.
Another beat in air, from east, this time stronger.
She stopped at the realization of the beats.
Steps behind her. "Stop citizen! Face us and throw away all your weapons! We have permission to harm, don't make us do it!"
She stood right where she was.
"We shoot on three!"
"Three." her sight dropped to the ground
"Two." She looked over shoulder at the soldiers.
"One." She sent a sight up above them
A scream cut the silence of the night. A scream and a purple glow around a silluete of a man with a sword flying towards them at high speed from the west.
The guards' shooting didn't stop him, but they managed to dodge his first attack from the charge.
They splitted around and one called in more troops.
The shining man flew up in the air and charged in for a second attack, this time straight at one of the soldiers. He had no way of dodging the attack this time.
More guards appeared as the man swiped through the street to get the second guard. He didn't hit him. The purple glow did, though.
He jumped around and killed another, separating his head from his body. One of the soldiers aimed his weapon and shot a laserbeam into him. The man fell to the ground.
The purple glow infected ground under him, spreaded and hit and destroyed most of the guards in there. Most.
The last guard approached him slowly and put down his helmet. His eyes glowed red. "So do you think you can fly around killing people? Do you, punk?"
He touched the ground and the purple glow got reduced to just a tiny light on the man's skin. He was there just in some ragged cloths and bandaids on his stomach. The soldier looked at Wyatt's wings. "But you got powerful stuff here." as he touched them, they turned to ash "it's shame a punk like you received them."
"And what have we got here" as he turned to her.
She was still looking at the same spot, she was looking when Wyatt appeared.
"You think you can ignore me?" The soldier said angrily as he walked in front of her.
But she wasn't ignoring him. In fact she couldn't. Her senses were in another dimension.
"Retuuuuurn!" Hissing scream through the air, barely heard by her "Retuuuurn as a good child!"
The soldier took out some electir tazer. "You know, even people like me, could use certain...services..."
"Give back what's ours!" was what she heard
"Oh...you are going to continue, well, I gave you a chance for a good way, let's do it the hard way." and he touched her chest with the tazer.
Her body didn't react.
The two dimensions finally asimilated into one as a brown coated character jumped into the scene, smashing the Soldier away, grabbing the box and kicking her back. The Soldier, powerful as he was, didn't have the willpower to survive the touch of the damned at the time. He was caught with his pants down.
"Mylax!" The hissing scream again, "getting stolen like that...You want to cause more trouble?" he opened the box and inserted his point finger into it, then took it out and annointed his face with it.
"Ugh...there's someone still alive here...and we wouldn't want that, would we?" as he raised his face. Street lamp shined into his face, revealing complete gray mask and longer hair coming down from under his hat.
He stepped next to Wyatt and tried touching him.
Wyatt disappeared in a purple smoke right before that happened.
"Oh, well, that was unexpected. And I thought there was something misty about him..." He talked to himself, inserted the box into his coat and walked away.
~
Wyatt has woken up, sitting on his bed and breathing heavily. Skin on his scapulas hurt.
After dozens of minutes, just sitting there, breathing and doing nothing, he realizes that he can actually move his muscles.
-What a crazy dream that was... - He thinks as he touches his face. He notices burned skin on his wrist.
-Or was it?
He notices a sword lying on the bed next to him. A sword covered in blood. The band aids on his stomach are blood-stained again.
He stands up in front of a mirror in his sand coloured room. It wasn't there before, but now it is...
In the mirror he notices several things. That his body seems more muscled than it was before.
When he turns around, he can see two burned spots on his scapulas.
He also has circles under his eyes.
His eyes.
They used to be brown.
Now they are purple.
-So it wasn't a dream...but what the hell is happening?
Steps outside of the room. Wyatt quickly jumps into his bed and acts as if he was sleeping as the stranger opens the door.
"Oh, so you finally woke up..." he said as he first glanced onto Wyatt, which just opened his eyes, looking like a fool at the stranger.
-How?...
"Don't ask, don't ask, I have many great talents and noticing someone's activity is just one of the lesser ones." the man says with smile on his face as he approaches Wyatt's bed. Then he turns around, and back again, holding a chair, puts it on the floor and sits on it. "So I guess you also noticed and realized, what you've been doing out there, child of Mylax." he talks on, as he pours some drink, probably tea, in a mug.
-Child of what? Mylax?
"Questions, always only questions..." he giggles a little "How about you giving me a little explanation, of what you think happened, child of Mylax?"
"Well, I...” Wyatt starts talking but is rudely interrupted by the stranger- "Your voice. It's a human voice still. You truly are spectacular"
-what?
"Never mind that, go on!" stranger laughs.
"As I started: I had some kind of sword and was able to kill soldiers even without touching them. Then one of them shot something to me and I was unable to move, see or hear. I could sense somehow, though." Wyatt starts talking.
"And what did you hear?"
"Voice of a man. He sounded old. And familiar. He sounded arrogant. Even when he wasn't talking to me. But then some other voice appeared, different one, yet similar. He spoke something of returning. Returning and giving back something that belonged to it. And then just two beats of death. And when he spoke again, he had much friendlier voice. Then he approached me...and then a purple...” Wyatt stops talking, flapping with his hands in the air, trying to name the thing. The stranger continues "...mist appeared and you don't remember anything more, I know, I saw it with you, as I am you, child of Mylax!" Stranger finished and shows his wrist to Wyatt. He has it burned in the same spot.
-What sorcery is this?
"This ain't no sorcery. There are things in this world, which you need to understand before you can go on and live a happy life. Sadly they can't be simply explained. You need to find them yourself." he stands up and leaves the room. Wyatt turns on his bed to the other side and tries to fall asleep. Or actually wake up from this insane dream, which he believes he is in.
~~~~~
Street full of people, Wyatt among them. It was a huge street with many people. Wyatt recognized a lot of faces there. He knew that some of those people were dead. He felt huge, as if he wasn't in his body. Yet he somehow knew he was.
-Is this a dream?
He looked around. His vision seemed to stretch to wider. It was also more focused in the middle and less on the outsides. The vision of a hunter.
He was slightly taller than most people on this street so he could easily see over their heads. In the distance, he could see bright white light. He was being dragged towards it.
So he started walking forward. People were moving in all directions and he was advancing slowly. After a while of walking he didn't see much of an advance, but he learned how to move with the crowd.
People seemed to take him as one of them even though he could see on his hands that they were hands of a beast. They were like arms of a tiger but with human furred fingers. Also they were dark purple.
As he was walking forward, he noticed that the entire crowd is coloured in light colours. There wasn't any single dark colour there. Except for him. And the guy running towards him holding a sword and cutting the way towards Wyatt. He was clothed in a black tunic and he had covered face. Wyatt just now realized that he is holding a purple glowing sword in his hand and ran through the crowd towards the man, when they met the man slashed his sword at Wyatt, which just blocked it off to the side and slashed through the man. He disappeared.
-What is happening?
Wyatt continued in advancing through the path the man made. He could now see the faces of the dead and dying. He could sense their life force go away. He knew these people. He knew them for years, these were his neighbours and friends. He also found his father, slashed through the chest, dead. He shaked his head and continued onwards.
He came to realize that the light in distance turned to grey. And also the crowd's colours turned to grey. He didn't know the meaning of this, but he continued walking onwards, because he didn't want to turn around and return. If he did, he would see his father dead, yet again.
He could smell the smell of burning in the air, the taste of ash and coming terror. He didn't like it. In the crowd, he started seeing demons, killing people around, for no reason. Every time he was closing to some, it just disappeared. The people started screaming in chaos and running around. That didn't help the situation at all. This was Wyatt's nightmare. He wanted to help those people. But because of those people, he couldn't help them. He had to watch them die or kill them himself to help them.
-If only I could fly...
And he realized that he has wings on his back and he knew how to use them. He flew up and towards the nearest demon, he didn't see him coming so it was a one slash win for Wyatt. He repeated the process and kept on his flying forward. But he wasn't managing to kill the demons before they could kill innocent people.
The light in the far changed to darkness. More and more demons, covered in darkness started appearing in the crowd, until the whole crowd was made of demons. They started to fly. They followed Wyatt who was desperately trying to kill them. Some demon catched his leg, Wyatt cut his hand off. Some other started scratching his side, Wyatt killed him in a pirouette. More hands started to tear off the remainings of his clothes. He couldn't keep up with killing them. They started cutting his skin. Their nails were rough and sharp. They were made to inflict much pain on their targets. And that's exactly why Wyatt was screaming in agony now. He thought he couldn't bear the pain anymore.
His sword started glowing purple, killing all the demons right around him. He opened his eyes and saw that he is closed in a ball of demons and darkness, nothing more. The glow rate increased and Wyatt felt its power in his body.
-Mylax!
The glow turned to shine and it killed and destroyed all the demons around, all which were in this realm.
The street changed. Now it was a highland with craters all around. His wings started to be tired so he landed on the ground and continued walking.
It felt like there was nothing here. Just him and silence. He started running.
He was walking uphill and couldn't see much forward. But then he got to the top of the hill.
He was on a dirty platform which was ending about 20 metres in front of him. There was a brown coated man with a brown hat standing. The man peeked above his shoulder. Wyatt noticed his cold grey glowing eyes. The man did a spin and leaped to Wyatt, faster than Wyatt could react. He did a smash towards Wyatt as he leapt.
~~~~~
Hurrur has all kinds of strange buildings. Huge bio farms, factories, all kinds of army buildings and many other. One of the strangest is a comparably small building, with just one floor. The building has no windows and no doors. Citizens of the city don't know what is inside. Their thoughts are that it is some kind of warehouse accessed from underground tunnels. But it is too small for that matter. It is there longer than anyone remembers and it never was mentioned in any history books. Not even the army knows what is inside. The building is always quiet and its surface very cold. As if it wasn't from this world. This building serves such purposes, which nobody would ever expect: From underground to the top of the building it is a big water tank. There is no light source, nor is there any way out.
Currently, there is a body flowing inside, silently. A big human body wearing a brown coat and a brown hat. From under that hat, long brown hair is flowing with it, levitating all around. The body hasn't moved for few last hours, it is just flowing as if part of the water itself. The body is Ru.
Everything is going on according to his plans after all. There were several troubles, but they didn't make much difference. He wonders, though, how could such a powerful entity as the soldier be unnoticed by anyone for so long. But it doesn't matter anymore, he is now dead and nobody can stop Ru's plans now.
The water is silent and calm, like the nature right before the storm.
Suddenly, a weak beat travels through the water. Ru opens his eyes widely.
-He lives!
-------------------------------------------------------

Wyatt wakes up startled. He is all covered in sweat and he is breathing heavily.
-What was that, again?
He is still in the same room, but this time it has more of a grey colour.
He gets up and notices that there are no band aids around his stomach anymore. Also his body doesn't hurt.
He looks into mirror and notices that his eyes still have purple-ish flavour. Also the burn marks are still on his wrist and his back.
He looks around the room. He notices doors which weren't there before. He opens them. A shower. There are also clean clothes on a cupboard. He looks at himself and inhales. It is obvious. He needs to take the shower.
When he gets out and puts on the clothes which fit perfectly, he decides to take a walk outside. As he is walking towards door out, in the corner of his vision, he notices his sword.
-Should I? What if I break insane again? Can I stop myself from killing people? No, I won't take it.
He leaves it there lying, reflecting purpl-ish light around the room as he closes the doors.
Outside is still the same city, everyone is walking fast to do their business and many people often look around, paranoidly.
As Wyatt walks through the city, he notices a slight change. While the city remained the same, deceiving, friendly and poor, it acts strangely towards him. As if he was a stranger. Beggars look up to him, with hate in their eyes instead of hope. The salespeople speak words of greed, not heartful welcoming and wanting to talk as neighbours do. Instead of running to him, hoping for a few coins and a game of hide and seek, the local children run away from his path, pointing fingers at him, spitting and probably calling him names. It feels, as if this was no longer his city.
He aims for the central part of the city, near the central wall. The part where his dreams led him. The part where he spilled blood of many.
He notices that the soldier patrols got both richer in numbers and amount of guards per patrol. It seems like the Clear Future doesn't like what's happening. Not at all.
A young woman in torn clothes is sitting on the side of the street, whispering to the air "The horror, the horror...”
Wyatt steps away from the main path as there is an armoured vehicle coming with four guards covering it. He fears that they could somehow recognize him for his conscious less killing.
He continues through a thin street, surrounded by tall houses. It was so thin, two people could barely pass each other there. Wyatt always liked these streets; there are no surprises coming onto you in there. Or so he thought.
He comes onto a small square, which was kind of a crossing of 8 of these thin streets. The square consists of two stalls and a tree in the middle. Also there are these two guys: one tall, thin, middle-aged man in seemingly victorian clothes, holding a victorian gun, pointing it at the stall's owner, and the second one, grey haired man, with the looks of a monk in dark blue clothes, talking to the stall's owner.
Wyatt doesn't know what to do, but then he realizes what's happening. "Stop it!" he screams and makes few steps forward. The man with a gun turns his head and smiles "Look, Kyle, there is someone trying to stop us."
The second one, probably named Kyle, turns his head to Wyatt, which just noticed he has closed eyes. Kyle's eye opens for a brief moment "Kill him." he says, turning back to the stall's owner. The first one shot.
It is a nice day outside. No clouds on the sky, sun shining and birds singing. A single gunshot couldn't break the beauty of the day. But it could break the beauty of life.
Purple material, created from thin air right in front of Wyatt, protects him from the gunshot to the head. His eyes started glowing purple and so did his hands.
"Neglecting gunshots, huh?" said the first man, with a fading smile "Try to neglect this!"
~Drip drop - the sound of blood~ Wyatt hears in his mind, whispering in a dark tone, not too much different from the guy's voice
Wyatt instinctively sways towards the left side of his belt, surprised to find sword there, he raised it and slashed behind himself with it, almost hitting the man who just stabbed him into the back.
Luckily for Wyatt, the purple material was faster, preventing the stab.
"Protection without conscious stimulus, interesting" the man raises his head, revealing two dark spikes coming from top of his eyes, to top of his head and ending like horns. His eyes are dark grey and have shadow feel to them. "Let's see is some more"
~Drip drop - the sound of blood~ sounded once.
Wyatt feels a sharp pain on left side of his back.
~Drip drop - the sound of blood~ sounded twice.
Wyatt's leg starts to hurt on the back of his right knee.
~Drip drop - the sound of blood~ sounded for the third time.
Wyatt slashes towards his back and manages to hit the enemy.
"Oh, but you don't have much of speed..."
~Drip drop - the sound of blood~ continues to sound into an echo while the man jumps around, slaughtering Wyatt.
-The pain! Make it stoooop!
Purple light emerges from Wyatt and the cry of eternal suffering leaves the man's mouth.
~Rock solid~ this time slow, stable voice whispered to silence.
Between Wyatt's purple light and the screaming man is now some sort of wall made from some material which was unknown to Wyatt. At least unknown until today. It is the same material that protects him from getting wounded.
The monk like figure is standing next to the screaming man. "I told you to kill him, not annoy him until he decides to kill you." and touches him "Now go and kill him. I am off, everything here is done." turns around and leaves.
"And I wanted to play so much..." hardly breathing, "well, your time to play is over!"
~The shadow always strikes twice~ Single swift whisper to the silence of the darkness.
~Strike one!~ Shout through the darkness.
Wyatt's guts experience true terror as a long dagger slices right through them, faster than Wyatt is able to react. Faster than the purple light that surrounds Wyatt.
But it's not strong enough. Wyatt's sword gets imbued by the purple light as Wyatt raises it above his head and swings sideways down, through the man's arm and continues to slice right across his body, separating his head and his right arm from rest of his body. The man's body turned into shadow and ran away from the light of the day.
Wyatt proceeds to vomit as his guts regenerate with the help of purple material. As he is crouching there, vomiting, the stall owner comes close to him. "Mylax, look what Father found...” he says with a squeaky voice, "Father won't starve for weeks again. Mylax, Father is so happy!" he shouts, grabbed Wyatt's leg and starts pulling him away "Father got a prey today, Mylax.”
Wyatt realizes what is happening and tries to make him drop his leg, but the stall's owner, a small, round, bald guy with a stick in his other hand, has his leg gripped hard. Wyatt manages to grab his sword as he was being pulled away from it and tries to slash the man's hand. He succeeds and cuts deep into his skin. "Mylax! Look what it did to us!" the man screams as he looks onto his hand "Father will not forgive this to it!", by the time he is saying that, Wyatt got up on his legs and holds his sword against him "Don't come any closer!", he spits.
The man takes a step forward. Wyatt backens by a step. The man takes another step forward, with his stick held by his body, not ready for countering. Wyatt jumps forward and slashes at him. The man's hand blocks the slash and grabs his sword by the blade. He squashes the blade in his hand. Wyatt feels a deep pain in the hand holding the sword. He is cornered now. The man raises his stick and hits Wyatt's head once. As Wyatt is falling to the ground, the man grabs his leg and continues pulling him "Yes, yes, Father got him a prey, Mylax, they will be proud and will give Father a reward. Father likes rewards...” Wyatt faints.
~~~~~~~
Wyatt wakes up in a big, almost empty white room, sleeping on a simple bed. In a third of the room is some kind of power field and behind it stands a not so old man in a lab coat, watching him.
"So you finally woke up, young one" he says. "I've been waiting longer than I expected...I thought you are stronger..."
"How long..." Wyatt sits on his bed and can't finish the sentence, because the room starts spinning around him.
"Three weeks and two days...Your body wasn't prepared for the loss of blade." The scientist presses a button on the wall and the power field turns off. He then takes few steps to Wyatt and points at hilt near the bed. It lacks blade. Wyatt grabs it and tries focusing on it. A blunt pain kicks into his head and forces him to stop it and throw the hilt away. "Where am I, who are you and why am I here?" Wyatt asks as he tries to stand up.
"Why of course, where did I forget my manners...You are in my laboratory, and I am the unknown scientist named Remeler...but those who know me just call me Rem. And you are here for such obvious reasons. For science!" He smiles, throws his hands into air and comes even closer to Wyatt, then bends and picks up the empty hilt, "...very interesting..." he continues in a serious tone as he examines it through his glasses and goes back, towards his panel again.
"Science...why would someone lock up a generic person in a laboratory and try to do science on him? And what's so interesting about that hilt? It was just a sword..." Wyatt explodes.
"Just a sword, eh? Saying it that way is the same as saying that your hand is 'just a bunch of molecules', and while technically it indeed is a bunch of molecules, I don't think you would gladly let it be crushed, because it's 'just a bunch of molecules'" Rem rants on, ignoring the first question and powering up the power field again. "Now, I'll need some cooperation from you to test some things. Release your Mylax and let the energy flow into the space of this room."
"Hold on a sec...Release my...WHAT?" Wyatt pulls a weird look on his face.
"Oh...so that's how it is. Well, I certainly know that you released your power quite a few times already in the past. Just do it again. For science." Rem goes on explaining without even looking at him, setting up some things on his panel.
"How about you give me proper description of what you want from me doc?" Wyatt tries to push away the explaining that he can't release the power.
"Release your powerword and your Mylax. And don't fear about breaking this room, these walls survived some hell of beasts already, I doubt you'll be any problem for them."
"You keep using that word, Mylax, what is that?"
"Mylax...” Rem looks at Wyatt "we don't quite know what or who Mylax is. All we know is that there are people who got infected, possessed, gifted, call it whatever you want, by some strange energy, which causes their bodies to be able to regenerate at incredible speed and mostly also grants some kind of power. That power seems to be unique for every single person and that's what we are trying to study here. To see if we can discover what it is or if we can manipulate it. Also, its name comes from one of the first things a person hears when he first unleashes his power." he looks back at the panel and giggles " I almost forgot...It also grants the person some sort of fourth dimensional hearing in which various powerwords are transmitted. Along with Mylax' name. We are still not sure if it's an actual space or just portions of our imaginations, though. Does that explain your questions?" Rem looks back at Wyatt with a somewhat friendly look on his face.
"More or less..." Wyatt answers undecided.
"Well, then, let's get to science! Let's see what you are made of..." Rem presses some buttons on his panel "Release your base powerword, now."
The room seems to darken and the light emitting powerfield, which seems to be the only source of light in this room, lightens sweat on Rem's face, his eyes switching from Wyatt to his panel and back. The powerfield slowly increases in intensity as....nothing happens.
Rem presses something again and the light in the room restores. "What happened? Don't you know how to release your powerword?" Rem watches him with disappointment in his eyes.
"Well, I don't really know what this Mylax you keep talking about is...You probably have the wrong guy..." Wyatt wants to explain.
"No, no, no, no, no! Don't even try to play the 'I am not supposed to be here' thing on me. Do you think I am some kind of fool? Or a child for that matter? If you won't reveal your secret to me..." Rem's voice drops down into hardly hear able whisper, from which Wyatt's back shivers "I will have to beat it out of you."
Again with his happy voice, Rem continues "Alright then, release your powerword now!" and presses combination of things on his panel.
Wyatt deeply concentrates into his inner depths, into the place from which the sword came when he needed, into the place he woke up from. Into the place full of purple darkness. He swims there, as if he was in the eternal depths of the deepest ocean, filled with darkness and power. And even though he seems to be unable to grab onto some of that power...as if it was too sparse for his hands to catch. He could feel it slipping past his fingers, until he managed to touch something real, something like a handle. Rem's eyes shined with excitement "Yes, that's the way..." as Wyatt's body illuminates purple light. Wyatt grabbed the handle tight into his hand and it turned into liquid, floating to eternity. His whole vision turned upside down and started to twist like crazy, then it ended and he felt as if he was thrown onto the beach out of the beautiful ocean. He was lying on the floor of the white room, coughing blood.
"And we were so close...But your body seems to be unable to set up the powerword by your will." Rem shrugs, "Well, we are gonna have to do it the hard way." He presses few buttons again and few robotic arms came out of the walls and grabbed Wyatt's limbs and one grabbed his neck. "Don't fear them...they are there to secure you'll survive it, actually..." Another arm descended from the ceiling in front of Wyatt's eyes. A bright blue light started transmitting from it into them. Wyatt started screaming in pain and resisted against the robotic arms. However, the arms held him way too strong for him to resist them just like that. Wyatt continued screaming in agony and eventually his eyes started glowing purple, pushing against the blue light, until it pushed the light completely. With purple light emitting from him, he broke through the arms and lunged forward against Rem, with a fist in front, only to be struck down by the powerfield, causing heavy burn damage on his arm. Barely breathing he got up, purple material filling in the burned skin, forging a sword grasped in a hilt in his hand.
"Interesting, marvelous, incredible...Your Mylax stimulates regeneration at high speed, probably providing harmless area inside of that purple material, and the sword....just incredible...” Rem talks in excitement.
Wyatt's blade finishes forging in his hand, spikes coming from his belt cover his eyes completely.
"And those spikes...I can only imagine what is their purpose...Do they help the control of the body? Additional powersources? Do they help defend the body?" Rem continues babbling.
Wyatt prepares his sword for a sideway strike.
"Your muscle activity increased multiplicately. It seems like Mylax is boosting your blood activity and oxygen hydration..." Rem continues, completely sure that the powerfield will protect him.
Wyatt strikes through the powerfield. As soon as the blade of his sword touches it, the field's colour changes into purple and almost instantly fizzes away as the blade continues to strike, aiming for Rem's throat.
~With power comes understanding!~ a scream through another dimension
Rem's now massive arm gets in the way of the blade, fingertips snap it, breaking it, his hand flying towards Wyatt and knocking him back into the wall on the opposite side, breaking some bones and structure of the wall. "I said release, not 'give me a reason to kill you'..."
~with understanding comes power.~ happy voice talking
Rem's body gets back into his original proportions "Now, shall we continue science?" he presses something on his panel and the powerfield gets back on.
~~~~~~~~~~
She kept lurking. The streets were dirty and there were rats everywhere, but she didn't care. She couldn't care. She lurked forward and hit wall of a house with her head. It threw her out of her rhythm, but it didn't matter, she just turned to the right and kept on going. It was getting late and she knew she had to move. Move away from the power. Move away from the noise, from the light. She had to move to darkness and silence. She had to hide. That was all that mattered right now, before she falls into another semi-unconscious status, before another dimension again covers her mind with grey veil.
Ever since the brown coated man touched her, this horror went on and on. She lost track of time and what's real and what's not; what's in this world and what's in another. All she could tell is that the brown coated man could've killed her...or should've, rather. Now she heard every beat of his heart and every move of his hair. And she knew he was angry. Angry because something wasn't right. And she knew that everything that will get into his wake now, won't survive. She didn't know if she wanted to die, however. And so she kept lurking.
Her clothes, or that what was left of them, were cut to pieces and they stayed on her only because she was lurking. But she didn't care. Her body was used by several men on the streets already and even before all of this and she knew what to do to keep alive in those situations. Ignore it and continue lurking.
Her mind jumped in joy when she realized that there is a dark and silent place a few blocks away from her current position. Now she just needed to get there.
If only the grey veil didn't start covering her sight again...
~~~~~~~~~~
After another day full of tests, fighting and explosions, Wyatt finally got his while to sit down and rest. He lost any perception of time as the building lacked any windows or clocks. However that doesn't seem to matter much to Remeler. Wyatt thought he was insane at first. Insane and powerful. But after weeks of testing, he noticed some kind of pattern in his actions and pattern seems to lead to sanity. Mostly.
The environment of whole building is simple: one long corridor and several rooms meant for various purposes: restrooms, personal rooms, also made for simple tests and big testing rooms with lots of tools inside them. These tools were made to blend with walls when not being used, to not get damaged, probably. All the walls are made of some white bioactive material which manages to regenerate at high speed and by its own will. Wyatt suspects it to be some kind of mylax power. The doc mentioned it few times in his endless rattling about and he said something like 'probe structure of sorts' and 'prototype'. Whatever it means, the walls provide the building with solid base able to sustain doc's calming of wyatt's mylax which had to happen often...and more and more loudly and violently.
Wyatt sighs. How the hell has he got to this place, again?
The door to his room open.
Rem with his usual happy face appears in them, holding dishes in his hands. "A powerful dinner for your strong body!" He enjoins and tosses him one dish.
Wyatt looks at it with disgust "A salad? How is this powerful?"
Rem's face seriouses "look Wyatt, your mylax isn't that powerful as I thought at first..." he alleges and his face gets the happy look again, Wyatt inserts piece of salad in his mouth "...and your digestive tract might be going on through some failures due to excess training and crashing into walls."
Wyatt spits the piece of salad out near Rem's dirty, maybe someday white, lab shoes "What?! My insides are getting torn apart and you are telling that to me only 'by the way'?"
"oh no, no, no, no, don't get me wrong" Rem's eyes get even more intrusive look on them "I am pretty sure that your mylax powers will take care of that soon. Soon after you eat that salad." he adds when he sees Wyatt putting the salad aside.
Not really persuaded, but still hungry Wyatt starts eating again "While you are here, doc....How long have I been in here?"
"Since you got in here or since we started doing tests with you it's 8 weeks and 6 days or 5 weeks and 4 days respectively." Rem looks into his papers "And some hours. Don't forget about the hours!"
Rem stays silent until Wyatt finishes eating and went away from his room.
"Now, sleep" he says just before leaving the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
She woke up. Her mind was in a mess, but she was finally conscious. She tried to get up, but her legs hurt badly. Pain in her head was slowly backing away. The daylight burned her eyes. She covered then and looked up to the sky. It was slightly orange coloured and the sun was in the east. At least she thought it was east.
A dog barked somewhere. The sound hit her mind hard and she had to grab her head to make the pain go away. When she opened her eyes again, she noticed her, now even more torn clothes. She blushed when she realized that many people could've seen her in that condition since she was in it. And that was a lot of time. But she didn't know how much. She didn't even know why she was here and how she got there. All she remembered was the touch of the brown coated man. And touch of his power.
The wind dispersed the dust and some got in her face. She noticed a sheet hanging from a window above her. She carefully stood up against the wall, pulled it and fell back down on ground with the sheet in her hands. Then she wrapped self in it to cover herself.
Suddenly, two guards appeared from around the corner and walked fast around her. She tried to look away as she felt their sights on her. One of them approached her and poked her with his boot. As he did it, a big dog jumped from the street onto him and made him fall on the ground. "Larraine!" woman cry from the street from a far could be heard. The other guard quickly took out a gun and shot the dog in a try to help the first one. But he was bleeding heavily from his neck. The stood up guard called for medic vehicle after a quick examination.
She tried to act as if she was sleeping the whole time to avoid any talking with him.
After a few minutes a medic vehicle appeared and the hurt guard was pulled into it, while the other was arguing with owner of the dog. Wrapped in the sheet, she slowly crawled deeper into streets. That woman shouting name on her dog made her realize that she doesn't know her own name. What more, she doesn't know anything. Anything of her past life, that is. She kept crawling forward in dust and heat of a morning. She was glad that not many people were out this soon, so that she escaped many unwanted sights.
She felt a monstrous presence somewhere close. Suddenly she knew, that she should hide.
She stopped in front of a big building with no windows and just a single door in the middle. The building's surface was perfectly flat and compared to other buildings there, it was in perfect condition. But that wasn't the fact why she stopped there. She stopped there because the building felt empty. Not empty in meaning of stuff inside, rather empty in the fact that she couldn't feel the building. As if it wasn't there. But she could see it and touch it. The perfect hiding place. She approached the door and stood up against them. Pushed them and they opened easily. She entered.
Her name was Larraine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Quick, get up!" Remeler bursts into Wyatt's room, waking him up.
"What's...." Wyatt rubs his eyes, trying to wake up "what's the time?"
"Time does not matter" Rem hands him a full bag of things "What and Why does matter, on the other hand"
Wyatt grabs the bag and when Rem lets it go, it falls to the ground as it is too heavy for him. "So what is happening?" Wyatt asks as he bends over for the bag.
"Ru is coming here. For you or for her, I don't know, but for one of you two certainly." Rem articulates fast and tries to help speaking with hands.
"Her?" Wyatt looks at him in surprise.
Rem's realization face comes up "oh...I didn't tell you...Well, it doesn't matter right now. The thing is that you two need to get away fast." He tries explaining fast.
"Well, could you....let me dress up?" Wyatt asks, standing there just in his boxer shorts.
Rem looks down on him, just realizing it "Oh, yeah, sure...I'll...wait outside."
Wyatt comes out of his rooms a while later, wearing some new, but old brown looking clothes, which look rather massively on him. Rem made them for him few days ago. He suspected that they might come in handy.
"Thing is, this place is blackened out of the fourth dimension and therefore, not even Ru can feel the powers that are hiding inside. And as it seems, Ru has been searching for something for weeks and now he thinks that he might find it inside here. And I can't guarantee your safety when he arrives." Rem talks as they go by the corridor. Wyatt can see something lying on the floor next to wall, very close to the door out.
As they come closer, he can see that it's a woman and that she is lying on some small mattress which fits exactly in the corridor. He realizes he knew her. He saw her in his dreams.
"Wyatt, listen to me!" Rem grabs him by the shoulder, disturbing his thinking "This is important, you must make sure she will survive. Get away from this city through the north wall, it's closest. You should be able to break right through it. Don't stop and talk with anyone and don't by any chance mention me, this building, Ru, your powers or whatever that came into your mind for the last few weeks." Rem's face has never been so serious. Wyatt is scared. "We don't have time for any promises or so, so just go...and make sure she is with you at all times. Protect her!" Rem makes her stand up meanwhile and makes her grab Wyatt's hand.
"Good luck!" Rem opens the door and slightly pushes Wyatt and Larraine outside. Then shuts the door quickly
-------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.