1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bear Cubs

Submitted by tee.dubs
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Very cuddly bears, includes both a baby polar bear and baby brown bear. This is my first model, so please be gentle :D It is scaled quite largely, so I'd recommend setting the scaling value in WE to around 0.6, and collision size to around 20.

Make sure you change the file paths in the Import Manager as followed:
war3mapImported\PolarBearCub.mdx --> PolarBearCub.mdx
war3mapImported\PolarBearCub_Portrait.mdx --> BrownBearCub.mdx

I am still learning, so all constructive criticism is very much appreciated!

---
EDIT: fixed the holes and smoothed out some of the anims a bit, and made it a little less box-like. Added attack animation too.
---
EDIT2: Added decay flesh and decay bone.
---
EDIT3: Fixed the last hole in the groin, smoothed walk and decay flesh, and added an alternate brown bear cub.
---
EDIT4: Gutz and Fur textures are now transparent, and not quite sure about the death anim but i've done what i could. Also added team color and made the walk anim a bit faster and less *zzz*ish.
Made him not bounce while standing. sorry bout that.
---

Keywords:
polar, brown, bear, cub, baby, young, snow, ice, land, forest, animal, mammal, warm, cute, cuddly.
Contents

Bear Cubs (Model)

Bear Cubs (Model)

Reviews
18:41, 15th Jul 2009 Cavman: Good idea. Custom animations are always a plus. There are still a few problems though. The fur tuffs on the shoulders and the bones aren't using the transparant materal key, that can be fixed quickly in magos. Also, the...
  1. 18:41, 15th Jul 2009
    Cavman:
    Good idea. Custom animations are always a plus. There are still a few problems though. The fur tuffs on the shoulders and the bones aren't using the transparant materal key, that can be fixed quickly in magos. Also, the death animation is a bit weird. Make it so that all the bones start the animation in the same position as they are in the stand animation, currently looks like it falls from nowhere. Would not suggest doing that in magos.

Fixes made. The deatyh animation looks much much better. I would suggest to anyone using this model to scale it down to between 0.40 and 0.50 percent, but other than that there is no reason to not approve. So, approved.

2. N.O

N.O

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I will try to ge gentle but I do congrats you on your first model but the moderators will tell you not good enough because you need more then scaleing now because it is 2009 where the good modelers get all the credit meaning you must UV/retexture, reanimte if you can, anything else I have missed...

I do give you a 3/5 acceptable because this is a rare idea and you did a good job on scaleing it down and putting it together again.

Try to ignore all the bad comments if people do flame you.

3. draken koning

draken koning

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    its little blocky and the scalling isnt good but i like the idea if u make it better maybe i will putt it in my overlord like map

4. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The UV mapping is kinda good, but what really bugs me is that some vertices have a very strange bone assignment and create holes in the mesh during some animations, especially the walk animation. Fix this and you can be sure it will get a higher chance to get approved. Also you should fix the animations too, because they're kinda stiff.

5. N.O

N.O

Resources:
    Resources:
    This time I agree with Frank :).

6. tee.dubs

tee.dubs

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I think ill redo the anims and vertex assignments altogether, each time i do they get better. Thankyou for your helpful comments, i didnt even notice the holes

by the way, its probably a stupid question but what is scaling?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  7. N.O

N.O

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah its no stupid question, it means you scale/size the model down or up and you did a good job on the UV, I am surprised because many people don't get there first model accepted here so you are very close.

8. KingDedede

KingDedede

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aww...It is so cute I could just eat it up.. And I think I WILL!

Anyway. It looks sorta blocky as said before. I havent tested it because Im too lazy, but from what Ive heard, fix those things and it should have a higher chance of being approved.

9. shruikahn

shruikahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks alright, as other people said it looks a bit blocky, the file size is alright, try not to get such a high file size with models like these cos people will just use a normal polar bear and scale it down, 5/10.

10. Music

Music

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol

I know this question has nothing to do with the ressource!!
    But, how do you change the colour of a team colored attachment?

11. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So cute! It looks pretty awesome and it fits VERY good into Warcraft III.

12. Rizz_Boomer

Rizz_Boomer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    there are really some things you have to change.
    First of all. i dont see decay animations, nor is the gutz.blp
    in the list there only 2 reasons not to insert them
    first would be its a hero: Hero glow? nope, dissipate animation? Nada.
    so the other thing means he explodes on death. havent seen the animations
    (i looked in the more details part) but it would be the only thing i would
    exept as reason to approve this model in this points of view.

At first i just thought you took the polarbear model and scaled the body down
    to 75% and the head up to 125%.

what else to say?

better luck next time. and i wouldnt rate it until
    you made and upload a version that gets approved.

13. CeDiL

CeDiL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awersome :)

14. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Rizz? Hero Glow ? At a polarbear cub? do you live somewhere where bears are heroes or what? all your arguments are.... senseless?

Its a good model, may be good for survival maps, to represent young polarbears.

15. Rizz_Boomer

Rizz_Boomer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wouldnt say senseless.
    the decay animations are a needed part for unit models.
    all i did was mentioned that and maybe i gone a bit far with my
    jokes, but you cant ignore the fact that these are missing.

16. Azndragon

Azndragon

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. Narandza

Narandza

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WoW great.

18. togera90

togera90

Resources:
    Resources:
    :grin:
    RARE IDEA
    For a cub you could just change the scailing size on a regualr polar bear but i like this model because its different...If i can remember the cub didnt hav any tusk like things..and its head was big which looked cute to me :thumbs_up:

19. Phew Phew

Phew Phew

Resources:
    Resources: