• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beach Survival

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Survival Guide

Beach Survival is an infinitely long survival game which forces players to work as a team to survive. Trapped on a beach during a foggy rainy time period, the players must use the provided objects, items and barriers to survive as long as possible. The game has many features to help and hinder the players in their struggle to survive. They key to survival is to know what you are doing and to work as a team. The game is lost when a unit gets to the campfire.

Environment
Beach Survival has its own environment. Knowing your environment is a key part of survival on the beachfront. Beach Survival is divided up into 2 separated sectors. Each one is important in game play.
Environment Awareness
1-The Beach:
The crash and campsite in the map. Though this area is small, it includes important things including a health pool, an item box, the spawn area and the fire. The Beach should be used as a backup position if forces are to difficult to defeat in the Ruins. This area lacks defensive barriers and has many empty areas.
2-The Ruins: The remains of a large temple or ancient structure. This is a large area and is perfect for offensive defense. Containing many natural barriers and higher hills, the Ruins should be your choice for a battlefield. The only downside to this area is that the enemies spawn on the edges, which leaves less time between fights. However, this is very minor.
Knowing where to go and what to do is something every player should learn to do. These small details may help get you out of trouble.
Game play
Beach Survival has a different style of play then most survival games in Warcraft 3. The game is based on a collection of waves and series. The phrase "The longer you survive, the harder it gets" is seen here through progression.
Game play Style
Waves: 10 waves makes up a series. Each new wave has a larger number of enemies, as well as a wider variety.
Series: Series are 10 waves. After completing a series, the enemy count is reset, but the enemies get tougher. After surviving 10 or so series, you might find yourself fighting off Soldiers that have as much health as you do.
Between each wave, there is a small break that you can use to move places, get items, or heal up. After a series, you get a longer period of time to regroup, heal and plan out a new strategy. These breaks can be precious, so make use of them.

Items
As stated above, the Beach holds the Item Box. This wooden crate may just be what you are looking for, or it might be something you want to avoid. It contains a multitude of items, things that will help you survive and things that don't do absolutely anything, from small flares to useless boots to massive nuclear strikes. There is one big element that comes with it however.
Item System
The item system used in Beach Survival is completely random. You can choose one of two collections:
1: Items- cost 50 gold. Contains useful and useless items together.
2: Artifacts- cost 250 gold. Contains useful items only.
There is one major difference between the two. Items are small and are easy to get. Artifacts can be considered more as super weapons because they usually include a big ability.
Upon buying either an item or artifact item, the "random item" will be replaced with a randomized one.
Be warned: Some items include drawback abilities, so read the tooltips!
Ability Outline
There are a few abilities included in Beach Survival. Each ability costs mana, and mana doesn't come back all that fast. The abilities are in progress/changes, so posting them is unfortunately not available.

Misc
The game has many miscellaneous bits to it that don't really have a category.
Misc
Beach Survival has its own multiboard to track hero status and kills. Wave number, series completed and enemy upgrade levels can be checked by typing "-wave."
Beach Survival now includes a hard mode. During the first 30 seconds of play, if red types "-HM", all enemies get a base health of +50 and base attack of +50. If it is enabled, enjoy the pain.
Beach Survival includes the nice ability to nuke things. However, launching a nuclear bomb creates radiation. This radiation lasts for 120 seconds, deals damage to you and the enemy. The only way to be safe from radiation is to be wearing a radiation suit which can be received through the purchase of a random item.
The game includes a respawn system, which revives dead heroes at the end of each series (10 waves). May sound like the game is getting easier, but 10 waves is a long time.
Item stacking is also included in the game. Items will automatically stack when collected.
Enemies
Beach Survival includes a degree of enemies. Currently most enemies are default enemies, but new ones are to come.
Enemies
Soldier: Melee weak unit. The basic enemy.
Cyborg: Stronger melee unit.
Shotgunner: Ranged unit. However, don't leave them until last to kill.
Guard: Short ranged strong unit.
Sniper: Comes every other round after round 5. As the name implies, the Sniper is a long ranged and damaging enemy with slow attack rate.
Tank: Strong melee unit. Can come any wave after wave 7. Random to the extent that you may only see a pair of tanks in 2 separate waves at max.
Flyers: Flying ranged unit. This unit can fly over obstacles, and reach you before anything else. They come at random after round 4.
Strategies
Beach survival is all about strategies. The suggested strategy to use would be an offensive defense. This means that you should take defensive measures, but try to push back the enemy. To give an example, imagine a flooded city. The water surrounds the city. The people of the city block off their houses too keep water out, while at the same time pushing the water back and out of the city, while not leaving themselves.
Another strategy that can be used would be pure defense. Find a nice out-of-the-way place, and start picking off the enemies as they try and get to you. If you run low on health, you retreat back to the Health Pool, heal, then go back to your spot.
A strategy not suggested would be to camp at the Health Pool. The Health Pool only operates when there are no nearby enemies, and if you run back to the fire, if any enemy accidentally steps close enough to the fire, the game is lost. Using this area should only be when there are a few enemies, and you need to regroup/heal or use up gold.

Ideas under work
-Save/load system
-Random events
-Newer and more original abilities
-More items and more random enemies

v0.7b
-Added Hard Mode
-Added a Radiation System for Nukes
-Added Item Stacking
-Added Respawn System
-Added New Day/Night Visibility Values
-Tweaked Multiboard
-Tweaked terrain
-Tweaked Existing Items
-New Items
-New and Old Abilities
-New Enemies
-Fixed Bugs
-Fixed Leaks
-Fixed unit spawns to match starting player count

v0.7 [Game Remade]
-New Ability
-New Item System with Items
-New Terrain
-Remade Healing Pool
-Remade Triggers
-Remade Ability Tooltips and Effects
-Remade Anti-Melee System to a Passive "Electrical Shield" Ability
-Start with only a Single Sergeant Starting with Ankh
-Renamed Armed Man to Soldier
-Added Sounds
-Added Multiboard

v0.6
-Released

FirstWave.png

Items.png

Overwhelmed.png

Credits
Team:
Landmine: Creator
Grandel: Triggers

Imports:
Illidan(evil)x: Tiberium Model
WILLTHEALMIGHTY: Nuclear Explosion Model
General Frank: Nuke Aura Model and Icon
This map is not protected. If you edit/change the map, please give the team credits.
The current version is v0.7b
Please report any bugs.

Keywords:
survival, beach, sunken ruins, nukes, long, never-ending
Contents

Beach Survival (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 17:30, 13th Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated) Due to the bad triggering, low diversity and it is not finished yet, which goes against the map submission rules. Please take a look at a few tutorials, fix the triggers...

M

ap0: Rejected

17:30, 13th Oct 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Due to the bad triggering, low diversity and it is not finished yet, which goes against the map submission rules.
Please take a look at a few tutorials, fix the triggers, add diversity and work on the map so you can consider it finished (late beta).

Level 1
Okay so here is what i think:

- It's too easy and boring at the beginning, there is no gold or shops
- the environment looks nice :)
- as soon as 1 hero dies it's too hard
- I don't see much point in the "30 damage ability" either make it as a passive ability or think of something else ;/

overall i like the map a lot, please update / improve it =)

Level 31
Beach Survival is a map by Landmine with the concept of player playing as a team and survive the enemy attack.

For starting, the description at hiveworkshop doesn't seems to be organize even though it was separated with paragraph and provide some necessary detail. Try to highlight the main title and add a order like this example below to make it easier to be view.

Tactics

1) Ambushes: Surrounding your enemy from multiple sides is an easy way to avoid it happening to you.

2) Backup: Lets say you find yourself alone facing an entire wave on your own. That game should end quicker then it loaded.

You could provide a screenshot by hiding it in hidden tag to let user view the terrain and what's happening in the game.

Next comes the terrain, the terrain seems to be mediocre and the camping site (Upper left) certainly need to be improve.

Now comes the ability, hotkey, quest log and tooltips description. Seriously enough, I do not understand why do you even bother to add the ability "Activate Melee Be Gone" since it was particular useless to be turn off/on without any mana consumption.

Since it does damage without any mana comsumption, why don't you just set it as passive?

For the tooltips, the detail of the attribute bonus was very lacking. Surely I knew it add bonus, but how much does it add? You got to tell us the specific amount. There is even some typo error in the tooltips for Grenade ability which you really need to fix it.

As for hotkey, the ability does not have a colour code to highlight the main hotkey. How are we suppose to know the hotkey of the ability if there is no indication for it? The same goes to quest log as well, you got to add a quest log that gives helpful information where user could view it shall they miss some vital info.

The grenade ability cooldown seems to be soo long and yet there is no detail of how much damage it does, does not have information of it being a channeling type spells and you got to change the hero icon to marine as well, why do they even use the cannon icon? I definitely don't know about it.

As for balance, it is absolutely terrible. Why do you even bother to use chaos type damage for the waves? It makes the armor bonus completely useless cause chaos does a 100% full damage to the enemy.

Replayability values was absolutely poor and almost down to 0. Despite being the 7 waves, it was still the same type of creep with just more amount of it being increase over times. To top up with, it only have 2 useable ability which are just barely edited from blizzard standard where the description or the sfx being altered, nothing much. The type of creep should be improve after each waves instead of 10 waves to avoid player from being bored.

Now comes the trigger part, which I absolutely forbid this map from being approve at hive site. It was highly defective as the efficiency was extremely poor.

Just look into this particular trigger, why do you even make a separate trigger for it when it can be done in under 1?

• Attack B
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters AntiStick C <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Lose Area <gen>)
  • Sniper At Beach
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Sniper
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Random point in Sniper Beach <gen>)
You could easily set it this way (This is a sample without removing leak)

• Sniper At Beach
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Random point in Sniper Beach <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
To sum up with, all triggering does not have memory leak erase. Unit group and location was leaking soo heavily that I notice a serious sign of lagging at my computer after the completion of the 10th waves.

This triggering isn't that friendly and efficient as well. If there is more than 1 unit dies within 2 seconds, it would not remove the corpse of the dying unit as the current trigger action would be overwrite.

• Anti Lag
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.10 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Assume that unit A was dead and the trigger was started right away. All of a sudden unit B die before the wait of 2.10 second expired, the trigger current action would be reset and render unit A corpse doesn't been remove from the game.

If you want to avoid lag, just simply set the unit death type to does not decay or go to advanced > gameplay constants > bone decay and set it to 2 seconds.

Shall the game was generally infinite style game, there should be a message to told player about it such as in quest log and a game cache to save a record of how long does the player survive; which I failed to find it. Infact, you should add a countdown timer (To let people know how long is the next waves instead of saying 20 seconds for the next waves via game text) and leaderboard/multiboard (To show how much does people kill and if they are still alive or dead).

To summarize it, this map quality was 2/5 (Lacking) as the information was very lacking in the map, extremely poor replayability values and very bad triggering setup. This map certainly isn't recommended to be play by those with a poor computer performance as it could cause the fps to drop drastically after awhile and certainly not recommended even more for multiplayer until the author fix the trigger in it.

Due to the excessive memory leak in triggering that cause this map almost unplayable after awhile, I decided to give it 1/5 (Unacceptable) and vote for disapproval until the author fix it.

1/5 (Unacceptable) and vote for REJECTION

What need to be improve?

1) Organize the description at hive, make it look much better.
2) Fix the hotkey for bonus attributes, gives more and much specific detail for tooltips.
3) Add quest log to provide all necessary detail, game cache to saves record, countdown timer to let people know how long would the next waves and their current waves without the need to type -waves and leaderboard/multiboard.
4) Fix the trigger, this is the main priority as the triggering was highly defective.
5) Improve the replayability values, scrap off an idea that could worsen the situation and think of what could make it better. In other word, expand the capability.
6) Read tutorial about triggering to know how to make a cleaner and much efficient code by using if/then/else, loop, and group.

Level 10
Septimus, I appreciate the review, however I do have coments to add in.
Next comes the terrain, the terrain seems to be mediocre and the camping site (Upper left) certainly need to be improve.
I do not quite understand where you mean. The top left area is largely devoid of doodads at this time, but the "camping" area would be considered the bottom right. At any rate, terrain is currently of focus, and the features are. Terrain is going to be expanded.

Now comes the ability, hotkey, quest log and tooltips description.
I see your point, however, I got into technical problems while adding in the values of damages...etc (AKA they never were correct). I will work on getting them back though.

Seriously enough, I do not understand why do you even bother to add the ability "Activate Melee Be Gone" since it was particular useless to be turn off/on without any mana consumption.
The ability being non-passive is just a mistake (for lack of better words) by me. It will be fixed.
The entire point of this ability (many keep asking why), is to help downsize the amount of enemies coming at you. The trick is its only useful when one or two guys are after you.

For the tooltips, the detail of the attribute bonus was very lacking. Surely I knew it add bonus, but how much does it add? You got to tell us the specific amount. There is even some typo error in the tooltips for Grenade ability which you really need to fix it.
As stated, it got some difficulties in the values. It will come back when the time to do about 300 tooltips (100 levels each to downsize on future work, don't ask if you don't understand) and find out exactly how.
As for hotkey, the ability does not have a colour code to highlight the main hotkey. How are we suppose to know the hotkey of the ability if there is no indication for it?
It will be fixed.
The same goes to quest log as well, you got to add a quest log that gives helpful information where user could view it shall they miss some vital info.
There are a couple reasons I have for not including the Quest log.
1: With a fasted paced game, the game starts shortly after loading. The Quest log would take time to read, and take away from the time to hide/get ready.
2: Simple as the game is, I see no real need for an extended description. Nothing imported, one author, simple 1 word goal, short and self explanatory game-play, no actual game quests to add...etc. As far as I'm concerned, a Quest would fit in the loading screen space (which is being worked on).

The grenade ability cooldown seems to be soo long and yet there is no detail of how much damage it does, does not have information of it being a channeling type spells and you got to change the hero icon to marine as well, why do they even use the cannon icon? I definitely don't know about it.
Abilities are being limited in the game. Most survivals want to give a challenge, but make it possible. This game, however, has the odds against you, and no way to win. Abilities are supposed to act as a positive and negative. The Grenade ability works like this:
You are being swarmed. You use the Grenade ability (which states the Marine is continuously throwing grenades- aka, do anything and it will stop). At the cost of moving/attacking, you get a pile of kills. To prevent you from spamming this ability, it has a long cooldown time to make you use it when only necessary.

As for balance, it is absolutely terrible. Why do you even bother to use chaos type damage for the waves? It makes the armor bonus completely useless cause chaos does a 100% full damage to the enemy.
I guess this was more of a mistake, then a place holder. I currently do not have the armour systems functioning, though Attribute bonus' do more then add armour.

Despite being the 7 waves, it was still the same type of creep with just more amount of it being increase over times.
Intentional. For the most part, the waves are still under the most construction. This map is released to get feedback (such as this). I plan on including random enemy spawning (the Sniper is as close as it gets, as it comes every 2 waves after wave 5). The use of the same enemy is to cut down on map size/loading time and to replicate the survival games in the real word.
-L4D Survival is a bunch of different modeled zombies with a few specials, but is intense in gameplay.
-Halo 3 ODST's Firefight pitches the same common enemy in the series, but with randomized enemy spawn systems, difficulty skulls, and a reason to play it (something L4D lacks)
-Tower Defenses use different enemies to make note of stronger or different enemies (if not just for entertainment). I did not want to have a couple hundred different models to be used for a short 10 waves. It would destroy the point of making them for the game.
-WC3 Survival maps don't stray from what I've done here. Most Zombie maps I've seen include: Normal Spammable Zombies (one or 2 models), Stronger Zombies (again 1 or 2 models), A Ranged Zombie (1 model), and some sort of boss Zombie (models depict different bosses). More or less, that's what a survival game consists of. In my eyes, this map just adds more variety to a smaller size area. If its not a zombie survival - just a survival game - its not much different. Different units takes away form learning the game. Using the same units over and over may be repetitive, but easier to learn how they work, how to deal with them, and it doesn't take a few rounds to know what enemy your facing next.
->And to note, I'm only saying this much against it because I do not wish to get a low rating just because of the few enemies there are. That, and I do not wish to get complaints about it either.

To top up with, it only have 2 usable ability which are just barely edited from blizzard standard where the description or the sfx being altered, nothing much.
Only 2 abilities so far. The only reason that they are only slightly changed Blizzard abilities is because they have nice abilities that would work for the game. I will be adding more, hopefully more original, abilities.

The type of creep should be improve after each waves instead of 10 waves to avoid player from being bored.
I'm not trying to make a 3 minute game. If I do something similar to this, then Snipers would probably 1 hit KO you on wave 5. So this may/may not change.

Now comes the trigger part, which I absolutely forbid this map from being approve at hive site. It was highly defective as the efficiency was extremely poor.
Defective implies nothing works. Everything works fine, even though there may be some extra things I will get rid of.

Just look into this particular trigger, why do you even make a separate trigger for it when it can be done in under 1?
  • Sniper At Beach
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
I am not a very expertised trigger-er. I will go over and check the triggers to ensure there is less triggers.

To sum up with, all triggering does not have memory leak erase. Unit group and location was leaking soo heavily that I notice a serious sign of lagging at my computer after the completion of the 10th waves.
Again, I am not a "great" triggering person. So, this does not say anything to me.

This triggering isn't that friendly and efficient as well. If there is more than 1 unit dies within 2 seconds, it would not remove the corpse of the dying unit as the current trigger action would be overwrite.

• Anti Lag
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.10 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Assume that unit A was dead and the trigger was started right away. All of a sudden unit B die before the wait of 2.10 second expired, the trigger current action would be reset and render unit A corpse doesn't been remove from the game.

If you want to avoid lag, just simply set the unit death type to does not decay or go to advanced > gameplay constants > bone decay and set it to 2 seconds.
I will fix this.

Shall the game was generally infinite style game, there should be a message to told player about it such as in quest log
I see the point in this, however, I shall add it to the loading screen. Quest log problems I assume don't need to be repeated.

and a game cache to save a record of how long does the player survive; which I failed to find it.
Again, I am not a great person for the more complex matters of triggering. I wish to have this cache feature, but sadly lack the skills to create an effective and functioning system.
You can't find it because it does not exist [yet].

Infact, you should add a countdown timer (To let people know how long is the next waves instead of saying 20 seconds for the next waves via game text) and leaderboard/multiboard (To show how much does people kill and if they are still alive or dead).
The countdown Timer was a feature I was thinking about, but sadly never got around to creating one. The leaderboard on the otherhand would be a great addition if I can create it.

Due to the excessive memory leak in triggering that cause this map almost unplayable after awhile, I decided to give it 1/5 (Unacceptable) and vote for disapproval until the author fix it.
Again, memory leaks are what exactly?

1/5 (Unacceptable) and vote for REJECTION
Just as a statement (not complaint), you just stated that it was a 2/5. You said you already factored in the exact reasons you put for giving it a 1/5:
This map certainly isn't recommended to be play by those with a poor computer performance as it could cause the fps to drop drastically after awhile and certainly not recommended even more for multiplayer until the author fix the trigger in it.
Due to the excessive memory leak in triggering that cause this map almost unplayable after awhile...
Technically it would be part of the same group, as the triggers hinder bad computers (though I fall into that category :sad: though without much difficulty).

What need to be improve?

1) Organize the description at hive, make it look much better. Will fix upon Update
2) Fix the hotkey for bonus attributes, gives more and much specific detail for tooltips. I'll see into it
3) Add quest log to provide all necessary detail discussed until furthur reasons are given, game cache to saves record I'll see what I can do, but no guarantees, countdown timer to let people know how long would the next waves and their current waves without the need to type -waves and leaderboard/multiboard. No problem with this
4) Fix the trigger, this is the main priority as the triggering was highly defective. I will go back over and fix them
5) Improve the replayability values, scrap off an idea that could worsen the situation and think of what could make it better. In other word, expand the capability. Already in progress
6) Read tutorial about triggering to know how to make a cleaner and much efficient code by using if/then/else, loop, and group.
*Note I am not disagreeing with the rating, more commenting on your review*

As for the other comments:
I am adding in an item system of sorts
The MBG (30 damage ability) is being edited and "passified"
The settings are becoming 'fixed settings' (which it was supposed to be)
And most things that Septimus stated will be worked on

Level 31
There are a couple reasons I have for not including the Quest log.
1: With a fasted paced game, the game starts shortly after loading. The Quest log would take time to read, and take away from the time to hide/get ready.
2: Simple as the game is, I see no real need for an extended description. Nothing imported, one author, simple 1 word goal, short and self explanatory game-play, no actual game quests to add...etc. As far as I'm concerned, a Quest would fit in the loading screen space (which is being worked on).

Fast paced or not, some people have the tedency to test the map at single player to figure out everything before they host it at LAN/Internet to avoid playing the game in blurry situation.

Like it or not, none melee generic map must have quest log to assist the player (Except cinematic). Many AOS, TD, Survival and other genre map contain a quick phase game and a quest log which takes time to read, but I see no problem for them to adding the necessary detail even if it was a tiny one.

Abilities are being limited in the game. Most survivals want to give a challenge, but make it possible. This game, however, has the odds against you, and no way to win. Abilities are supposed to act as a positive and negative. The Grenade ability works like this:
You are being swarmed. You use the Grenade ability (which states the Marine is continuously throwing grenades- aka, do anything and it will stop). At the cost of moving/attacking, you get a pile of kills. To prevent you from spamming this ability, it has a long cooldown time to make you use it when only necessary.

You are suppose to focus at making this map contain high diversity, not making it boring and terrible. Ever play NOTD Aftermath? They do have a game mode which cannot be beaten just like your map and yet they do maintain a high diversity, the diversity that attract user are varied and take countless of thing into consideration. That's include the ability cooldown, damage and many thing else.

Intentional. For the most part, the waves are still under the most construction. This map is released to get feedback (such as this). I plan on including random enemy spawning (the Sniper is as close as it gets, as it comes every 2 waves after wave 5). The use of the same enemy is to cut down on map size/loading time and to replicate the survival games in the real word.
-L4D Survival is a bunch of different modeled zombies with a few specials, but is intense in gameplay.
-Halo 3 ODST's Firefight pitches the same common enemy in the series, but with randomized enemy spawn systems, difficulty skulls, and a reason to play it (something L4D lacks)
-Tower Defenses use different enemies to make note of stronger or different enemies (if not just for entertainment). I did not want to have a couple hundred different models to be used for a short 10 waves. It would destroy the point of making them for the game.
-WC3 Survival maps don't stray from what I've done here. Most Zombie maps I've seen include: Normal Spammable Zombies (one or 2 models), Stronger Zombies (again 1 or 2 models), A Ranged Zombie (1 model), and some sort of boss Zombie (models depict different bosses). More or less, that's what a survival game consists of. In my eyes, this map just adds more variety to a smaller size area. If its not a zombie survival - just a survival game - its not much different. Different units takes away form learning the game. Using the same units over and over may be repetitive, but easier to learn how they work, how to deal with them, and it doesn't take a few rounds to know what enemy your facing next.
->And to note, I'm only saying this much against it because I do not wish to get a low rating just because of the few enemies there are. That, and I do not wish to get complaints about it either.

Seriously enough, you are violating the site rules by posting this map at this section. This section are not for getting feedback. If you want feedback, you are suppose to post it at map development section.

Irresponsible people like you who did not bother to read the fine print of submission rules is what getting the map section clogged with massive amount of pending map and yet complain when the mod does little to none in approving resources.

For what you currently written and the map current quality, it was more than a good reason to give this map an immediate rejection.

I'm not trying to make a 3 minute game. If I do something similar to this, then Snipers would probably 1 hit KO you on wave 5. So this may/may not change.

There is many way to increase the diversity and fun without increasing the armor and damage, provided you know what to do.

Defective implies nothing works. Everything works fine, even though there may be some extra things I will get rid of.

I suggest you to view this.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defective

I am not a very expertised trigger-er. I will go over and check the triggers to ensure there is less triggers.

You must have an average knowledge in triggering. That is a must such as knowing how to clear memory leak.

Again, I am not a "great" triggering person. So, this does not say anything to me.

Yes, it does. Namely your map trigger which have to be rework.

I will fix this.

There is nothing to be fix in that trigger, just remove it and adjust the setup at object editor.

I see the point in this, however, I shall add it to the loading screen. Quest log problems I assume don't need to be repeated.

Adding into loading screen is the worst thing to do, especially if the loading could be quick and player might not be able to catch even a glimpse on it.

Just as a statement (not complaint), you just stated that it was a 2/5. You said you already factored in the exact reasons you put for giving it a 1/5:

The map quality was indeed 2/5, but you are killing the standard of it with poor triggering setup and with hiveworkshop having a even higher quality requirement by this recent day, it was impossible for such a map with bad triggering to be approve.

If you ever bother to read this fine print, you would know that your map quality would be 2/5 as long as you do fix the trigger.

Technically it would be part of the same group, as the triggers hinder bad computers (though I fall into that category though without much difficulty).

Even if the computer was powerful enough, it would still cause lag and the lag was even critical if the map was hosted at lan/internet.

Level 28
I would redommend a few tutorials for this.

The first tutorial I will give you has been made by Septimus: The Importance of Efficiency in Coding.
Another tutorial has been made by me, it's about the description: The Importance of a Description

For the rest, I would recommend a bit of originality from your own to add more diversity.
There are unfortunately no tutorials that teach you how to be creative, you'll have to do this on your own ^^