• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Calm Beach

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Calm Beach

On the map is:
4 Goldmines x2 12500; x2 10000
1 fountain of Life
2 shops goblin
1 tavern

Features: 2 players
7 orange creep camps
4 green creep camps

All Map Screen:
image643074.jpg

***Update***
-Changed the stone bridge at Natural Bridge;

Keywords:
Melee, GGoblin Melee, Warcraft classic, 1 vs 1, 1x1
Contents

Calm Beach (Map)

Reviews
18:23, 14th Jun 2014 Orcnet: My comment
Level 6
Review: Calm Beach
Good points
Terrain is good
Drops are good and balanced
Awesome shape of the map
Bad points
There is one weird thing: there is a troll warlord who is level 6 and drops level 3 item, but there is level 5 gnoll who also drops level 3 item
Suggestions
You should give the troll warlord a level 4 drop instead, but everything else seems fine
4,5/5

Level 5
Thank you

Review: Calm Beach
Good points
Terrain is good
Drops are good and balanced
Awesome shape of the map
Bad points
There is one weird thing: there is a troll warlord who is level 6 and drops level 3 item, but there is level 5 gnoll who also drops level 3 item
Suggestions
You should give the troll warlord a level 4 drop instead, but everything else seems fine
4,5/5
Fixed :ogre_haosis:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I don't have time to make a full review again, however I can say that the terrain once again needs fix. The high hills (covered with trees) aren't so good idea, they do not look so convinient after or even before the trees have been cut. Also the right side of the map is awfully flat, you should use some height tool there too. I would recommend you to remove the huge hills. The cliff in the North side of the map looks really plain, you should add something there, maybe rocks or trees (some decoration). Again, in my opinion the decoration seems bunched up and there are large areas around the map that has no decoration on them. Tile using will do but... there might be too much dirt. (Personally I don't like Lordaeron Summer since the tiles suck).

The creep camps are okay (except the most South one (dragons and granite golem). Oh, and to mention placing flying (or having them) near high areas (with no cliff change) is really bad idea since some times they go away from the possible sight area of the player (they are behind UI) which make it impossible to kill them by a command. The item drops are also too low compared to the creeps' difficulty.

Special note: you should use natural bridges (atleast I recommend you to) since the stone bridge next to wild nature looks odd. Also Height the bridges by holding down CTRL and pressing Page Down to lower/Page Up to raise (find these keys above arrow keys).

@taavidude
Your rating does not make any sense as 5/5 = Highly Recommend (check the maps that got 5/5). They almost always have something unique in them or they are in some other way different from all the other maps (in a positive way) or the maps have required lots of time and work. Most of the 5/5 maps are behind weeks, maybe even months of work. 5/5 isn't "no problems in the map"

Level 5
Okay

I don't have time to make a full review again, however I can say that the terrain once again needs fix. The high hills (covered with trees) aren't so good idea, they do not look so convinient after or even before the trees have been cut. Also the right side of the map is awfully flat, you should use some height tool there too. I would recommend you to remove the huge hills. The cliff in the North side of the map looks really plain, you should add something there, maybe rocks or trees (some decoration). Again, in my opinion the decoration seems bunched up and there are large areas around the map that has no decoration on them. Tile using will do but... there might be too much dirt. (Personally I don't like Lordaeron Summer since the tiles suck).

The creep camps are okay (except the most South one (dragons and granite golem). Oh, and to mention placing flying (or having them) near high areas (with no cliff change) is really bad idea since some times they go away from the possible sight area of the player (they are behind UI) which make it impossible to kill them by a command. The item drops are also too low compared to the creeps' difficulty.

Special note: you should use natural bridges (atleast I recommend you to) since the stone bridge next to wild nature looks odd. Also Height the bridges by holding down CTRL and pressing Page Down to lower/Page Up to raise (find these keys above arrow keys).

@taavidude
Your rating does not make any sense as 5/5 = Highly Recommend (check the maps that got 5/5). They almost always have something unique in them or they are in some other way different from all the other maps (in a positive way) or the maps have required lots of time and work. Most of the 5/5 maps are behind weeks, maybe even months of work. 5/5 isn't "no problems in the map"

Send me all problems in this map, and i fixed this. Thank you.

Level 30
Not sure how to state this properly but somehow it is ridiculously huge for a 1 on 1 match, it would be of suffice if you can at least give in more detail to terrain than a splatter of wide space with random dab of tile sets which is not looking professional.

Archway are not good if they are not next to rocks or any doodads that aren't destructible, its not natural that way. Speaking of natural that use of bridge is off charts.

Difficulty-wise, getting expansions quickly is a bit overwhelming when using UD, I can take out the nearest expansion region for a few minutes and gives me quick gold boost for tech 1 which is really bad and unfair. Golem place is just a mess, it would be okay if only a creep camp for the fountain is there but additional creep camp is not fitting.

Overall I can say this is good for practice, terrain is in dire need of more work than a quick upload, rest assure rushing materials especially art is not good.