• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Battlezone and Starsiege (CLASSICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just curious as to whether or not anyone here on this site played either of these classic games. If you have I'd like to hear what you thought about them.

I thought both games were great, as I got them for free with my families first computer. I started out my gaming life with these games and afterward truly loved the in depth game style. Building bases and mechs what could be better. Something that I can still look back on even now is how interesting starsiege's story was. I remember being younger and being amazed by the ending and how much I wasn't expecting it.

Anyways I had an idea recently with both games as I began playing them once again. What if someone went about making a "mod" per say for either or both. Something along the lines of taking the engine, maybe building a new one, and making game play and style very alike. I think it would be great to see games resembling starsiege and battlezone back out there for people to play especially people who haven't played either. Anyone think this idea would be interesting and worth while?

Status
Not open for further replies.