• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlestar Galactica Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
well a BSG model would be somthing of very high value for all future space maps (including mine, hopeing that its under 250 kb please). and next time if ur scared ppl will think of u as a "model poacher", u could just release it under a different name and give credit. but yeah u keep up on that BSG model!

syc

syc

Level 8
well i used 3 basestars, 8 raptors, 30 vipers and a raider and no crash. Im only running a P4 3.0 ghz machine. so it should be ok for anyone p4 and up who can run wc3.

but galactica is 1.236megs so i gotta trim a lot.

coxxon's render of BSG with some serrious reductions on the under side is now posted. hope you enjoy. Working on heavy raider and base star now. Then I will work on colonial ships or Earther battleship of my design.

Last edited by a moderator:

syc

syc

Level 8
well all of my models were rejected. I have sent a message to see what I have to do to get them accepted. Im not sure exactly what I did wrong, seeing as i followed the rules posted on the site. But once I find the appropriate steps ill take care of it.

I have had considerable frustration in getting BSG stuff done and accepted, and I think ill drop my project, but ill still try to make sure you guys can continue on.

Level 5
Hey Man, nice models. What the hells wrong with the mods? Why did they reject them?

Can u post them on a diff site then?

syc

syc

Level 8
Ok so I cleared everything up with the moderators. I should be able to upload anything that was in Coxxons model packs. If I have time on my week off ill try and lover the polley count to make the iles smaller.

Eventually I hope to work on an Earth fleet of my own. This might take a while because I want to come up with something origional.

Thanks Wolverabid and Werewulf for communicating with me to get this resolved.

Level 5
Sick... Thanks, ill be looking for them in the models section. And thanks Wolverabid and Werewulf!

Level 10
Hi all, I lost most of my files due to trying to install Vista. I'm trying to recover, but its not looking good. I've seen that a few BSG have been made since then and I want to say that they look amazing. Well done syc. However, due to my computer troubles and now essays/exams, I won't be able to restart this project until about June. I will keep everyone informed.

Level 10
Ok, after much ado and mishap, here is an early version of the map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/7024/

It is still a work in progress, so expect new versions in the near future. Also, I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions for it. Furtheremore, I still need three models: a Cylon Ressurection ship, the Pegasus and a human refinery ship. SYC, if your up to that it would be great, but others please feel free to lend a hand.
The Refinery could look like the Demetrius from season 4. Sorry, I couldn't find a picture of it.
EDIT: someone has been good enough to make me a Ressurection ship, so scratch that request.

Attachments

• resurrection-ship.jpg
    resurrection-ship.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 5,651
  • Battlestar-Pegasus.jpg
    Battlestar-Pegasus.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Level 11
Id just like to thank syc for bringing us these models, and for Lord Sauron in makeing a map including them in. Ive enjoyed jumping several basestars onto an unsuspecting Battlestar. If anyone still has some energy to continue makeing ships then it would be cool to see some fleet ships.

Here in wikipedia, are small descriptions and pictures of misc. fleet ships. Modeler/skinner or not, BSG fans will find all this here interesting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miscellaneous_ships_in_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.