• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Tanks Autofire System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I am making an amateur RTS map and I wanted to make the following mechanic for some buildings and siege units:

The building/siege unit is enterable, but when empty, it cannot attack. Its attack speed is increased for each unit inside.
I need a system like those in Battle Tanks - autofire, while allowing the unit to perform its default attack or move aswell.

If it could be in GUI that would be nice, since I have no idea how to handle jass.
Thanks in advance!

I believe the Battle Tanks attack system are all just edited Phoenix Fire abilities.

Also, I believe this should be moved to the Requests forum.

Yes, but is there a way of making it only when the building has units in it?
And why should it be moved? I'm asking for help on making a system in my map... That's what the WE help zone is for I believe...?

Level 7
There is a request section since you have asked for someone to do it for you rather than to tell you how to achieve what you want.

Level 37
And why should it be moved? I'm asking for help on making a system in my map... That's what the WE help zone is for I believe...?

Oh sorry. I guess I read it a bit too fast... it sounded like a request.

I have an idea of how you can do it...

You will need Bribe's GUI Unit Event (and thankfully to a recent update, GUI Unit Event also acts as a Unit Indexer). Whenever a unit enters a tank, just create a "missle" effect everytime a counter is reached. Whenever a unit enters a tank that has another unit, decrease that counter timer (which means that it will attack faster). Then when a unit leaves a tank, increase that timer. When there are no units in the tank, deindex.

There is a request section since you have asked for someone to do it for you rather than to tell you how to achieve what you want.

*sigh* What does it matter where the fuck the thread should be, could we concentrate on my problem? If it's so important to you guys, have a mod move it, jeez.
And I'm simply asking "how to do that", I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me but show me the way.

Level 37
*sigh* What does it matter where the fuck the thread should be, could we concentrate on my problem? If it's so important to you guys, have a mod move it, jeez.
I already reported it, I don't get why you have to be hostile. I was just letting you know for the future.

And I'm simply asking "how to do that", I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me but show me the way.
I just gave you a way to do it. What are you complaining about?

EDIT: I just realized you were talking to someone else. Still no need to be hostile.

I did, I don't get why you have to be hostile. I was just letting you know for the future.

I just gave you a way to do it. What are you complaining about?

I'm sorry, it's just frustrating when you ask a serious question and people conentrate on a minor flaw you made and don't even aknowledge your question.

Yes, you told me how to make the general skill, but how do I scale it to the amount of units that have entered the buildings/unit?

Level 7

Sorry, just trying to explain why he thought it should be moved. Chill
Killcide has explain a good method of doing it. Try it out and post back here if you have any problems with it.

Level 37
Yes, you told me how to make the general skill, but how do I scale it to the amount of units that have entered the buildings/unit?

Off the top of my head, you can add units to a unit group[custom value of tank]. Then on index, you can check how many units are inside, and set the counter variable to a ratio (ex: subtract 0.50 seconds off attack speed x number of units in unit group[custom value of tank])

Off the top of my head, you can add units to a unit group[custom value of tank]. Then on index, you can check how many units are inside, and set the counter variable to a ratio (ex: subtract 0.50 seconds off attack speed x number of units in unit group[custom value of tank])

Oooh, that sounds juicy. Will try it out.
However, will that not lag if I create 30 Battering rams and fill them up with dudes? Checking 30 unit groups...

Status
Not open for further replies.