• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of the Generals v.1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Battle of the Generals!!

- that's the trailer for my map

---------------------------
Introduction:spell_breaker:

You see yourself in the middle of a war, you see the enemy marching for your death, as you see yourself with an army to destroy all the enemies, you shall lead yourself and the army to victory or find yourself and your troops dead on the floor!!

How to Play:spell_breaker:

It starts with the configuration of the battle, the host must choose the game mode, and each players are able to configure their army and the battlefield they want, you will be given 3 minutes to deploy your troops, you cannot sent your troops away from the start point (banners)

You can also reasearch and upgrade your units to bolster their strenght, a good general always sees the strenght of his army, and for some spellcasters they need masteries in Arcane Arts or Nuclear Arts in order to cast corresponding spells, Arcane for magic and Nuclear for Science

Make sure you take your time in building and deploying your army, then eliminate your enemies after 3 minutes

Changelog:spell_breaker:

v0.1
-demo release

v.1.0
-added more units
-multiboard is done!
-deployment system is done!

v.1.1
-bugfixing, hive release!

v.1.2
-terrain changed
-some units are modeled
-dialog choose game mode
-now up to 100 food and 50000 gold

v.1.3
-several bugfixing

Credits:spell_breaker:

Amigurumi - Evil Toilet
SkyDragon - Loading Screen

Screenies:spell_breaker:

172104-albums3125-picture26515.jpg

The space on the left and right of the screen are the deployment points where you can position your army before the battle starts

172104-albums3125-picture26514.jpg

... and the last picture is a sneak peak of the battlefield

Keywords:
Battle,General,Win,Whoah,Spongebob
Contents

Battle of the Generals v.1.4 (Map)

Reviews
18:40, 31st Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Bad terrain, some standard units (can't check the map, but that's what I derived from the screenies).

M

18:40, 31st Mar 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Bad terrain, some standard units (can't check the map, but that's what I derived from the screenies).

Level 5
Replies

Haven't played the map until now, but one suggestion at the beginning. I would add a preview picture, this looks ugly.

Will add the minimap at the next release, just have no time doing so

With the current map quality control and from the view of the video, I do not think your map would likely to be acceptable.

I'm planning to put han Han's battalion system to make the controls preety easy, trying to make the map more look like the Total War series..

thanks for the comments anyway..

Level 11
In your video you ask if we have the courage to command our armies. Well, obviously we have courage. Courage doesn't have any relation to video games, unless the game is scary (as their actually IS a number of people who would be too scared to continue playing certain horror video games). Just saying.

Also (like has been said before), you need a QUALITY mini map picture.

But perhaps the most important thing, would be INTERESTING & UNIQUE custom models. Seeing games with the same archers and knights and paladins kills me. Their are plenty of cool, rarer-ly (not a word i know) used custom models/skins on this site. I urge you to use them.

Second most important thing would probably be the terrain. I realise you may have alot of units on the map and need space, but maybe add a swamp or frozen swamp or lake or rolling hills or a mountain. Just add something here. this too is crucial.

To sum up my review: your visuals are bad enough that nothing else in this map looks remotely interesting, because i cant get my mind off of the generic warcraft look. But this can be fixed with a little hard work, and im sure you can pull it off.

happy mapping :)

EDIT: Some new models and some highly rated models/skins

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rpgworgenblack-160646/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/python-warrioress_fk-137558/?prev=mmr=6
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/deadeye-113615/?prev=mmr=6
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/richard-warlock-115399/?prev=mmr=6
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/darksylvanas_by67chrome-blp-157951/?prev=mmr=6
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/demon-witch-61966/?prev=mmr=6

Level 11
You can still just mouse over the preview pic.

Edit: Is it possible to add AI to this game?

That tells me nothing other then that there is water and grass. There is something called quality, which the degree of is unknown in this map because we just see a random minimap image. Also, not trying to be too much of a critic, but the custom minimap you have features snowy terrain, which I do not think is in your map. Their is also no text on the map, its just a random image, which can be okay, sometimes.

Quality man quality.

Level 5
That tells me nothing other then that there is water and grass. There is something called quality, which the degree of is unknown in this map because we just see a random minimap image. Also, not trying to be too much of a critic, but the custom minimap you have features snowy terrain, which I do not think is in your map. Their is also no text on the map, its just a random image, which can be okay, sometimes.

Quality man quality.

Actually you can change the terrain of the map, snow, desert, beach, hell or moon :)

anywho i add an entire map screenshot today.. so you can see the battlefield clearly, and an update of the map..

You can still just mouse over the preview pic.

Edit: Is it possible to add AI to this game?

Yup, but i have no time making an AI since i'm still improving the map and adding more features to it, maybe someday..

For now play it online or with friends, its really fun :wink: