• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Battle of the Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Hey, hopefully you all remember my previous idea, Rock Defense, well I've refined it a bit and made it into a somewhat more manageable project.
This will come after Stairway to Heaven, of course.

So what happens is there are various songs that play in the background. It's really just a hero arena with a soundtrack, and abilities like "chord sequence" but instead of damaging your enemies your awesome abilities can make them lose the favor of the audience. But be wary, depending on your hero's level you may go out of time when playing an advanced spell. Going out of time is like audience favor but for an individual player, and if one person sucks so much that they get completely out of time they will fail and cause their band to lose a lot of favor.

You can buy items with gig money, like metronomes (which add to your mana or mana regeneration, depending on the item) and new instruments / louder amps (which damage the other team more)

Another cool feature I'm going to plan on adding is to time it per song for when there are guitar solos or drum solos etc, and there will be an ability called solo. If you use solos in the normal part of the song, they will have a larger chance to go out of time and won't impress the audience as much if you use it when there actually is a solo in the song. I was thinking that solos could be like channeling spells, and during the solo you would have to hit various spells (random) that come up on the screen, and if you miss one you would stop gaining the extra solo points and maybe get out of time a bit. If you complete the solo without missing a note, you would get your entire band 100% in time and gain favor with the audience.

Maybe I could add dueling solos too for songs like Seek and Destroy.

Planned Song List: (so far)
Ride the Lightning - Metallica
Fury of the Storm - DragonForce
Blood Bound - Hammerfall
Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Hysteria - Muse
Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Citizen Erased - Muse
Good times, bad times - Led Zeppelin
Body Breakdown - DragonForce
Paranoid - Black Sabbath

Please post any requests, and I may or may not add them depending on the genre and whether they have a solo or not. Just because they may not have a solo doesn't mean they won't be added.

Edit: I still need those guitarist/drummer/singer/keyboardist/etc models :) I think I can skin an amp myself but all the other stuff... I dunno not really modeled before.

Status
Not open for further replies.