• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.net maps that you might not have heard of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This topic is about, as the name implies, Battle.net maps that you might not have heard of. Basically post an obscure map that you really like and would recommend. Keep in mind, the map doesn't have to be obscure, it can be hosted a bit or even be fairly popular. Basically just any map that people may not of heard of. I mainly created this topic to expand my horizons, as I have been hosting the same things too much. I would also just like to hear what people have to say on the matter.

I suppose I'll start this thread off with:

The Predator

The Predator is an fast-paced map that is great for people looking for action. The gameplay consists of one player, who is the predator, and seven others, who are the survivors.

The survivors are supposed to either survive until the time limit is over, or until they kill the predator. The survivors use abilities, such as blink, a fireball the pushes the predator as well as other units, the ability to create a clump of trees and the ability to heal, as well as a special ability that varies between rounds. The surviving players gain points for winning, and if one specific person kills the predator or is the last survivor, they gain bonus points.

The predators goal is to simply kill everyone. Depending on the game mode, you either select a hero to use as the predator or get a hero selected randomly. You then use your special abilities to kill the survivors. There are at least 10 different predators, including the Blademaster, Beastmaster, Gorgon, Insectoid, Lich and Tinker, just to name a few. The predator gains one point for each kill.

Once when a round is over, all the points are tallied up and a new round begins, with a new person as the predator. After a certain amount of rounds, the game is over and whoever has the most points wins.

Some other features of the game include an area on the left of the map called the Pit of Certain Death, which is just that. If a player pushes the predator (or another survivor) into it with a fireball, then they won't see the light of day until the next round, when they are then frenzied and ready to push you in. Another feature is the Fountain, which is a waterfall that refills both the survivor's and the predator's mana, so it is a spot which both parties want to protect. The final feature I'll mention is a computer-controlled hero called the referee, which adds a lot of charm to the game.

The referee has many abilities. One of which turns himself into a dragon that launches itself onto a point, killing (or severely wounding in the case of the predator) anything that is in that point. Another ability that he has is the ability to create runes, which can either refill all stats, make you go at top speed or give you an item. You can bet that both parties will race toward these runes as soon as they are discovered. The final ability that I will mention is the ability to create a portal, which sends survivors into a safe zone where they gat a chance to get items. These items include hp and mp refilling foods, socks which make you go faster, a bloodstone that makes the fountain heal health, and a pet item that summons another unit to fight for you. Either a survivor or the predator can use these. The referee can be turned off by the host, but that really does ruin some of the fun of the game.

Overall, this map is extremely fun. Some rooms can get downright chaotic at times, which makes the game even more awesome. You will most likely get a lot of laughs out of this one, and you will probably have fun. Sadly, this map is not on this site, but if you see it hosted, be sure to join it.

Well, enough about me, tell me which games you like that I may have not heard of. You don't need to make your description as long winded as mine.

Level 9
I know that one, you're out! Nah, jk. Who has heard of Marine Fort Chaos, which was uploaded by Opiemonster and was apparently rejected. I beta-tested it on B.Net and it was super uber unbalanced... And not to mention the super unbalanced Archer Castle Warz, which also got uploaded by someone which stole my b.net name and claimed it was his [he mentions it on his profile], and that probably got rejected, too.

Level 7
Battle Royale, a brilliantly terrained map with untriggered abilities that still incorporate huge amounts of skill into the game. If anyone knows where I can DL it it would helpful as it's old and no one hosts it.

Level 25
Battle Royale, a brilliantly terrained map with untriggered abilities that still incorporate huge amounts of skill into the game. If anyone knows where I can DL it it would helpful as it's old and no one hosts it.

Ah.. I think I know which one you mean, there were a lot of different monsters right and you had to kill them all with your own? (One monster per team).

Level 9
Try Epic War.
Kings and Knights REMIX:
A superb mixture of custom map and melee: There are three kings and 6 knights. Knights can fight with a king and join him, etc.

Level 9
Think so. What, you think KnK remix is a classic too? Can you upload it as an attachment? I can't find the version I love! I can only find a version where the minimap has orc deserts are replaced by blue stuff - I think its a pre-to the one i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.