• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BATTLE GROUNDS

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Conquer or be conquered, you have the choice. Let the battle begin!

For whom will you fight for?

Join the Virtuous or the Malevolent in their never-ending battle for glory and power.

Just a map I started making two years ago.
Thanks to the modellers here in hiveworkshop (I'm referring to those people who made the resources I made use of.). Although I made some of the models myself, and the icons too. Anyway, just have fun with it.
Contents

BATTLE GROUNDS (Map)

Reviews
21:48, 30th Aug 2013 Orcnet: lacking map description

M

21:48, 30th Aug 2013
Orcnet: lacking map description

Please read the rules before uploading.

Vengeancekael the Great said:
Average quality standard:
A certain amount of quality is required, the gameplay needs to be somewhat fun, the terrain must not be lacking and a bit of originality should be present.
Note: Replicas are not allowed! (e.g. Changing something from Dota 'Adding new heroes and items, but still keeping some of the old ones')
A full credits list:
Both in the Hive description & quest log in-game. What needs to be in the list? Name of the authors. (Optional: Name of the resource)
Submitted Map Resources need to have a good description on the Hive. Map title, author, features list, short gameplay explanation, a credits list, screenshots, a changelog, etc.
A map description that only contains "Hope you like it, my first map" or "power core v3 new updates, see loadingscreen good map" will be rejected.
Suggested Links: BBcode list - Map Description Templates by -Kobas- (Requires a minimum amount of BBcode skills) - Map Description Generator (No BBcode skills required)
[Update] -Kobas-'s user templates are no longer a recommended option to improve your description - Most users cannot properly edit the template and end up making a description that just doesn't fulfill its ultimate purpose -> Being quick to check out and learn something about the map's gameplay
Ripped resources from other games are not allowed to be used, unless they are from another Blizzard Entertainment game
Work in progress (WIP) maps are not allowed, the map needs to be a complete release.
ALPHA and BETA versions, "teasers/trailers", etc. can be posted in Map Development.
Furthermore, do not upload maps and use it as a request thread. If you want a user to add something to your map for you (system, etc.), then please make a thread in WEHZ.
Source

RECOMMENDED LINKS:
All Mappers
General Resources Rules By Ralle
Map Submission Rules By Vengeancekael
Creating Dynamic Waters By Pinzu
Melee Mappers
Making Melee Maps by -Kobas-
Altered Melee Mappers
Making Full Working Custom Races by Interceptors
Altered Melee Anti "Revealing Opponent" Hack By Retera

Uh... a lot of people do it. Haha

Something is wrong with this logic and I think you know what it is.

Read the map submission rules or you may be rejected. Descriptions are not optional. A lot of maps were uploaded by in 2007 and 2008 when the Hive needed as many resources as possible, now crowding of useless or unidentified resources takes away from the value of the Hive. Please make a description, its not hard.