• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Diablo Battle Ground v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is Diablo Battel Ground (DBG)

If you are a real Diablo 2 fan, then you will love this RPG game of diablo.
It's very easy! fight and be the strongest, when you are strong enouht and ready then you can face Diablo. Also many hero fights out of the city (just like in the real diablo)
Over 60 items, over 50 spells, over 900 units on map, models and much more...

Diablo Battle Ground v0.7 = Many bugs fixed. added Bord and some other things.
Diablo Battle Ground v0.8 = Some bugs fixed. added attributes system
Diablo Battle Ground v0.9 = New char added Posion And Bone necromancer, also many bugs fixed.
Diablo Battle Ground v1.0 = Some bugs fixed. added some new things.

Credits to: Diablo Arena, for all the icons
Credits to: ShadowMan, ctb, Theimpersonator for spells.
Credits to: Black Death, burning Dragon5, HappyTuran for models
Thanks to my friends NbZ for making Loading scene and mini map.

If you have some tips or things to the map, then write to me on [email protected]

Map made of chaos4970

Keywords:
Diablo 2, heroes, fights, levels, RPG
Contents

Diablo Battle Ground v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
04:18, 27th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 19
[-] Alot of missing DISBTN buttons
[-] Huge number of typos (ex: Sekunds, sek)
[-] Missing tooltips (some of the tooltips are not fully explained)
[-] FPS dropping while playing (my FPS dropped alot of times, while I played)

Terrain: Very bad constructed terrain, act 1 is something HUGE, but others are put somewhere on the map. I actually, never saw the act 5, so im considering this is without expansion (doh).

Heroes: Most of heroes had their normal abilities from Diablo II which is realy great, and the icons also were "almost" the same. But I realy think you need to work over these ability, because some of the heroes are becoming realy imba with level 20 ability. For example, necromancer's first ability (can't remember the name) that shoots X number of bolts based on the level of the ability, well if the target is right infront of you, it will be damaged 20 times, 'cause the bolts are based on wave ability.

Overall: 2/5, can't give it more since its nothing special for me.
Vote for rejection.

Level 10
According to the previous post

really now does this mean you voted for rejection without even testing the map? That should never happen, now I want to test this map, for a map is like art it appeals to only certain eyes.

I hope the map doesn't make me eat my words ;)

My words have been eaten

Review: 2/5
Reasons...
Not very good at all. The abilities were pretty cool, except the instant-cast abilities FIRED IN ONLY ONE DIRECTION BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SELECT A TARGET.
The characters were terribly imbalanced, attribute gain was not very obvious at all.
It was completely impossible to avoid death if you took the portal to "outland," which was not very well explained at all.
Additionally, the grammar was abominable and nearly incomprehensible at points.
The items were overtly expensive for a completely minimal effect.
The terrain work consisted of flat grass terrain with an occasional raised ground to control the player's movement.
The enemies were sparse and easy to kill, but also killed the player at an absurd rate.
The map reeked of inexperience, and it appeared that the map was made in the smallest time frame that made everything work - to some extent.
I say "to some extent" because of two things - first, the first character I tried had an ability that fired a stream of overpowered lightning balls in one direction only. Second, the ability caused the game to crash after I spammed it for the thousandth time, being the only ability I can obtain up to level 12.
The Icons did not have a DISBTN not just a few icons but like every icon.

Not recommended.

Last edited: