• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for the Outland 0.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map Info:

This is an Melee map for 1 vs 1 play.Since there are not so much maps for melee I decided to upload one.

Features

1.Small Map
2.Fast Gameplay
3.Outland Terrain
4.Balanced Map

ScreenShots:

Images from Gameplay--

205137-albums5005-picture52081.jpg

205137-albums5005-picture52080.jpg

205137-albums5005-picture52079.jpg

Keywords:
Melee, Altered, Outland, Zombie, blah
Contents

Battle for the Outland 0.1 (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/22 13:01:43 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or...

M

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/22 13:01:43
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Remove the rocks from the mines.
Also the creeps are way too close to each other and you should add more green creeps for the beginning leveling.
Also replace one of the fountains of mana with a fountain of health and replace the fountain in the center with a tavern.
And add more space between the creeps, it's very hard to harass a player in the beginning with your hero when every creep is killing you.
And add random item drops.

Level 9
I've checked out your map!
Review

First of all, this should not be named altered melee, since the only thing you've altered is a fountain of health and 3 enviroment doodads. That is not enough to call it altered imo atleast.
Triggers

Standard Melee Triggers, nothing to say here :p
Terrain?

The terrain looks good, but not enough for a 5/5 feeling imo, think about the little details, it is quite hard to make the terrain look amazing and still playable, I know, but you should give it a try imo! :)
Overall

I think there's a shortage of trees... if your not night elf that is :p
Perhaps solve that by adding alot of health to the trees your using, or add a trigger which revive dead trees instantly? or just remove tree costs of all units (which I would think is an alteration of a melee map aswell, solving the map category).
The gold mines should be enough since it's a one v one map.

But, why havent you opened the 2nd slot? why make it a computer?
Since if the slot is open, you can just add a computer if you'd like, and if you wanna play with a friend you can do so aswell.
This is just a drawback to the final rating imo ;o

And final, if you wanna make it an altered map, perhaps make some new units? Evolve the tech trees? make new upgrades/buildings etc etc...
There are alot of ways to alter melee maps!
Just think of one way you wanna do it and stick to it untill it is approved! :)
That's my tip ^^

Won't rate it before i've seen what your next update contains! :)
And don't give up!
If this review was to any help to you, feel free to add rep :)

Level 9
@Marko9
No problem, just PM when you got a new update!
I think you should make up a theme, then go full out on that theme! :)
For example: Stick with the normal Wc3, then evolve the units, techtrees, buildings etc, perhaps change some models with something that might fit better :)

Some other theme examples:
Space, Monsters, Sheeps(Would mostly just be lol but still a theme), Movies?, Other Games...
Well, the list can be made endless!
Just pick a theme and stick to it and evolve it :)
It's as simple as replacing all the original models with new ones, and also renaming everything, rename the upgrades, etc, you could even make up your own "Reasources".
Like, rename gold to Crystals, change the gold mine model to a crystal vein
And wood to Metal, and change a tree model to an iron vein or something :)

As said before, the possibilities are endless! only your mind sets the limits ;)

Good luck! i'm awaiting the update eagerly ;)

Remove the rocks from the mines.
Also the creeps are way too close to each other and you should add more green creeps for the beginning leveling.
Also replace one of the fountains of mana with a fountain of health and replace the fountain in the center with a tavern.
And add more space between the creeps, it's very hard to harass a player in the beginning with your hero when every creep is killing you.
And add random item drops.