Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle for Orion

Submitted by slith
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This game is a strategy game in space, where you lead one civilization into the stars. Unite the nearby star systems through peace or war. Build your fleets, colonize planets, research technologies, or simply explore the infinite space. It's designed to be quiet slow, so you can choose carefully your next step, and wich technology you will research. The number of options is large, and each of them is different. None is better.

Version II: A completly new system for technologies and planetary defences, wich allows you better control about both management.

For now the game features:

- 58 technologies, each of them with many levels.
- 6 types of main advanced propulsion technologies.
- 3 types of Faster than Light propulsion technologies (Hyperspace, Warp, Teleportation).
- Lots of units: 7 capital ships, 22 frigates, 16 fighters, 4 Planetary defences
- Colonize and Terraform planets, mine asteroids, build space station, space factories, space biospheres, ...
- Many star systems, class of planets and space hazzard.

Game Version's Log:
- V1.0: beta version
- V1.1: Fixed bugs, added derelicts
- V1.2: Balancing, fixed bugs
- V2.0: New system completly
- V2.1: New capital ships, new technologies, organic ships, fixed a few bugs, added other ships, changed ship's equipments.
- v.2.1.1: Added crystal life forms, removed bugs, can be played again on internet.

This is still in some kind of beta, if you find bugs, or if you want to help with balancing, please feel free to PM me. Still it's funny to play and ready. This is the reduced map, so it's small enough to be played in LAN.

Keywords:
Stars, Technologies, Exploration, Space Opera, Starship, Colonization, Planets, Worlds, Diplomacy, Space, Hyperspace, Warp, Teleportation, Comets, Jum
Contents

Battle for Orion (Map)

Reviews
17:46, 13th Sep 2008 Rui: The map has been around for some time, and the comments tell me people like it and that this map is acceptable. Approved!
  1. slith

slith

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was one of my many inspirations. I don't feel up to the comparison but a few systems might remind you of it ^^.

Edit: Just a graphical change with research

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. duarchist

duarchist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome map, I've had a lot of fun playing. However: when I buy an item for a ship the ship suddenly can't move. Capital ships are rendered useless. Fix?

3. Sir.Laggalot

Sir.Laggalot

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems as though Hyperspace Inhibitors continue to work even after death, that should be fixed.

The hyperspace animation is cool, (for the Assassin ship) but, it comes after the ship actually moves, so it looks kinda weird.

Typos
    Accelerated Growth upgrade (chimical)
    Space Biosphere building (ingeneers)

I'm loving the new techs and bio system.

One complaint. Antimatter frigs have no actual offensive crafts, if you go antimatter focused, you're left with two support ships and a carrier. Each route should have some of each.

4. kids711

kids711

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice game~..

I liked it specially the Time Machine..

I builded soo many time machine and i altered time.

MY HOMEWORLD WAS CAPTURED !!!!!!!!!!!

*sorry for caps*

Anyway.

5/5~

5. Darkgamma

Darkgamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    So good! Tons of researches, innovative thinking, good races, not good spelling at parts. Try to implement a bit more color, not just plain old cold. Purple or violet can go fairly well.

6. CupOjoe

CupOjoe

Resources:
    Resources:
    The time machine is a MASSIVE game ruiner. It's not that it can't be destroyed it's just that the second anyone builds it, any sense of balance the game had is removed.

I can handle somebody building a super weapon and killing me, but not a superweapon that takes away some of my units, gives me some of his units, uncaptures my homeworld and gives it to some random guy, gets rid of everyone's crystal and UNDOES tech that we spend FOREVER trying to get to.

The game's techtree is kind of retarded. You can barely get anything done unless you own half the map or play as red and activated debug mode. Your tech tree basically makes Solar Conquest look conservative, especially when about 3 quarters of it is pointless because all you need to do is research time incursions, spam fighter drones, spam time machines and then basically win by default because you'll have forced everyone into ragequitting.

So in the end, the map has potential to be good but you need to get rid of the time machine and get rid of the >9000 tech tree. Or at least make everything in the tech tree do something, rather than just having one useless research that enables you to get another useless research before you get the one piece of research that actually DOES something.

3/5

7. Vampiro320

Vampiro320

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's quite an impressive map, with lots of creative ideas. I'm sure you spent some good time on it. 4/5

8. Lord_Kenneth

Lord_Kenneth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just out of curiosity, did you base this map off of the old game Master of Orion, or did you just come up with this all from scratch?