• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle at the floating stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I just felt like making a new terrain ;)
So here we go.
Please comment on it ;)
Hope you like it

attachment.php

Attachments

416.3 KB · Views: 607
Level 10
i dunno the concept is good and the placement is not too bad but I just feel that the doodads just don't match together they all look like there from different styled maps, maybe try and make it on a bigger scale if your going to try and imitate Avatar

but its a good start . . .if that helps . . xD

You overplaced glows, it makes a highly misty effect. I can hear the pilots saying
"Can't see a thing"
"Roger that"

The sun absors the white you've placed, turning into a bland -of brightness- sun. You need some extra layers of Glow with colors of orange and yellow. Try some rays too; that would require the Star model.

The sky should not be flooded with glows. It should have some contrast; it currently is something like a white background, where you have placed your objects on. So, make some sky, e.g. Lordaeron Winter Sky (Pink) and add some eerie fogs to bring the fog upwards and actually make it blend with the bottom of the scenery.

And yes, I also thought what madcd said about Avatar :D

Oh, place the sun on a different spot, e.g. in the middle of the scenery, because it feels way hidden there, but after you thin out the fog.

Lol, this is definitely Avatar wc3ized

edit: wow I didn't bother to read the earlier comments.

K, what bothers me about this terrain is how high quality the planes are compared to the guys riding dragons, the models just look so clashing. Also the size of the dragon riders is way disproportionate to the planes - that main transport should be much bigger then the Navi, and there should be many more of them.

Level 36
Personally, I dislike the texture replacement, highly. It just doesnt look good, no matter how you look at it. And as said, the white glow is over used. Not to mention that in Avatar there is greater rocks as well, there is actually entire mountains floating, doing such a concept one would want to experiment more with larger rocks, more plant variation, and no units.

Status
Not open for further replies.