• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battering ram

A simple model made in two hours, to test this new section. I have not seen any ram model so I decided to do one of my own.

Like the previous model, I want this model to be judged by donut3.5 (the same reasons)

Keywords:
battering ram
Contents

Battering ram (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] Jan 23th, 2008 This looks really good, however if you could do the following thing it would boost its performance: - Add a simple decay animation, this will make the death look much better. EDIT: Fixed the portrait, should look better...

M

[APPROVED]
Jan 23th, 2008
This looks really good, however if you could do the following thing it would boost its performance:
- Add a simple decay animation, this will make the death look much better.
EDIT: Fixed the portrait, should look better.
PM me when these changes have been made, or you have any further questions.
--donut3.5--

Level 4
I like the model and the animations
so I'd say 5 but the hexa wheels are a big aesthetical problem and the portrait is abit funny so I have to say 4
(PM to MechanicalMan: sori prjatu kaj morm jaz sm pravičn sodnik :D)

Level 6
Nice model. I think it should have more war-ish look to it. I suggest you add an insignia of some sort on the roof of the ram. The battering ram itself looks small compared to the rest of the shed containing it. I suggest you make it bigger. I don't really like the color of the wood. Maybe you could use a lighter shade of brown for it. Very good idea for you to have made this model since the model's section is lacking it surprisingly. I give it a 3/5.

This is excelent model, real medieval battering ram that was usually in west Europe in medieval times.
Well, roof is good i think - there was not used "yellow grass" texture. So it's made more realistic. Real ones had roofs those couldn't catch fire because of boiling oil that was used by stronghold defenders.

Well, i give 10\10 because it's real, it has rood, it has normal wheels, its like that one you could see in medieval times. I saw other models in wc3sear.ch like year ago but they were toy-like, fantasy-like, not real-like etc. This is the best.

Level 5
So so so useful, I remember in one map I made, I used the crate destructibles as a ram unit rofl, I guess I intended for people to imagine their were wheels and people pushing it... Anyways, thanks to you those days are gone! 5/5 <3 It looks just like the AOE2 too :D

Lol you want to rate all 10k models in model section? This model was meant to be very simple as before that there were no rams available.

Yeah, I know. I used this a long time ago and loved it, reminded me of Age of Empires II. I just figured it deserved a rating since I managed to remember it after all these years.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Sorry for being super-OT here, but I honestly can not resist :

In the 1985 medieval film Flesh and Blood, the hero builds a siege tower with the size and mobility of a battering ram, in order to attempt to storm a castle. In the movie, this mechanical device is based on one of Leonardo da Vinci's drawings (this one iirc).

The story is set in Italy in 1501. It was considered a transition period to more modern times. Therefore, the movie depicts in its own way the introduction of "modern" siege warfare into battles (including the use of gunpowder to blow up wooden doors, instead of breaking them).

Careful, this movie is for mature audiences.

Also of possible historical interest:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Assyrian_Attack_on_a_Town.jpg

4/5.
Has it been replaced by those bulldozers-crane-like machines that use a big sort of chain or cable to swirl a heavy ball around destroying buildings?

You mean trebuchets ?

** update **
Please see here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_engine

** update 2 **
FMV from Warcraft II: The Dark Saga

Now, are some Orcs total retards or what ? :eekani:

Last edited: