• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BaSP v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
User who uploaded this Presents

Battle at Sunwell Plateau
Created by Rahmor

Map Info:

This map was created in my final school project, which will count for final exams. The idea behind all this was to see the process behind software engineering and to use it for making an own project, which is in this case this map.
I am a huge fan of the Action-RTS genre (DotA, DotA2, HoN etc.) and so i decided to make an ARTS-map.
In an Action-RTS game every player only controls his hero with special abilities. There are paths, so-called lanes, where creeps spawn. These creeps are controlled by AI and will walk along these paths until they encounter enemy creeps, heroes or structures. You will try to kill the enemy creeps in order to push up to their base and - to reach the goal of the game - destroy that base. Creeps don't only grant gold but also experience, which is used for reaching higher levels. Every team consists of 3 players, there are currently 6 heroes avaiable.

Features:

The map's structure is quite basic for an A-RTS, but there are some things to mention, which are in fact quite special.

• - 4 non-ladder, attribute-scaling spells per hero
  • - every hero has a unique passive that scales with his level
  • - max-lvl 20
  • - there are two shrines on the map, they are capturable and grant passive bonuses

There are currently no screenshots avaiable.

Credits:

Models:
  • Frankster
  • -Grendel
  • levigeorge 1617
  • Elenai
Tutorials/Systems:
  • inWarcraft.de(AoS-Tutorial)
Spells:
  • Amnam64
  • reason 3
  • MortAr
  • Mage_Goo
  • TKF
  • Sandbox RPG

Author's notes:

This map is the first complete (not BETA) version of BaSP, and it will probably be the final, since I am no more playing Warcraft III and won't develop any further.
Anyway, I would be glad if some people would send me feedback in the following few days, so I can let it influence my work.
If anyone got questions or is interested in mechanics or is even willing to continue developping this project, he can easily write me a pm or an email on [email protected].

Thank you on beforehand for testing my map.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
A-RTS, ARTS, MOBA, DotA, LoL, HoN, BaSP, Battle, Sunwell Plateau, Sunwell, Plateau, Hero, Heroes, Trigger Spells, Trigger, Spells
Contents

BaSP v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/11 19:12:43 Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'. Poor...

M

Vengeancekael -
Date: 2012/May/11 19:12:43

Reasons:
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.
Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial
Poor Gameplay, not a lot of originality or fun: General Mapping Tutorials

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: [Rejected]
View comment
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 2
Guy, I hope u read all this stuff i wrote. I did this map in 3 months, it was not the main task to create an uber-good-looking and wp map and stuff, it was to use the concept of software-engineering on the editor.
It was only me, 3 heroes per team was all I could do in that amount of time. Same thing for the terrain.

Sincerely, Rahmor

Level 28
3months? that was alot of time to make a very good looking AoS map, I can make a better terrain on this for 2-3 hours...

Your terrain can be done by anyone in 10-20 minutes or less... your triggers can also be done within days.. also you don't have custom items.

Sorry bad 3 months is enough to make a decent AoS map.

Make better terrain, make more heroes, and add more items, and this map can be more interesting to play.

Level 2
Uhm u got me wrong. I don't have time for this. Besides, it was my first map created with the editor, so no wonder my triggers seem bad. If you want to do that, you can do that, I won't hinder you.

Sincerely

Level 3
Well you could add some custom items, and not the defaults from the default meele shop. Well the terrain isnt Good, but also not very bad, just add some Rocks or lantern to the path the units are walking. Sometimes the units return to the spawnpoint after you stun them. But what i really like is that the abilitys scale with atrributes! Very gj man. but to make the abilitys scale with abilitys, you need more attribute points, which is hard without enough custom items.

Level 2
I know that, but theres no time left for custom items now. For my project, I cant change anything now, because if I would, I wouldnt even be able to document that anymore.
Anyway, I'd be honoured if someone wants to proceed developping this, because there are people that are a hundredfold better than me in developing, but I thought a lot about how to do it, so I think it has its potential for development.

Sincerely, Rahmor