• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotE v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
It's still a test map, I'd like to share with you guys so you can do some feedback ;)
Depending on your opinions, I will release the first version of it

Keywords:
Dote, Dota, Hero Arena, Hero Defense, Test Map
Contents

DotE v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
08:32, 9th Mar 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Map need to be improved, memory leaks, poor descriptions, bad terrain. Unbalanced items.

M

08:32, 9th Mar 2011
-Kobas-:
Map need to be improved, memory leaks, poor descriptions, bad terrain. Unbalanced items.

Level 27
See, your map isn't real fun or creeative or special, it needs quite a lot of immproving to do, and honestl I recommend you to abandon this idea completely since it's immposible to make an original AoS these days with so not much of gaming experience.
Also you should immprove the description and fix the category. Seriously, you haven't provided any information about your map itself.

So my recommendation would be stoping mapmaking for some time now, immproving your overall skills by practicing a bit and reading tutorials and Hiveworkshop and then starting a new map with more originality and higher quality.

So, Orcnet, what you're trying to say is that this map deserves a 1.2/10 ...
Doesn't make a difference. :p

My rating: 3/10

DotE? Is that Defense of the Elves?

It looks like DotA. You should try to make something original. If you wanna use the same terrain as DotA, you can, but make sure your map is almost entirely different when it comes to gamers experience, features, sounds, tooltips.......

You should try to avoid the mistakes that IceFrog made with DotA. He never even bothered to fix the formatting mistake he made with Phase Boots and Arcane Boots.

You shouldn't aim for something as good as DotA. You should aim for what's higher.

In a years time, people will look at DotA 6.72 and think "wtf? this sux". Please. Take my advice.

Aim for progression rather than imitation.

If you wanna improve this map, you should create custom heroes with custom spells. Try implementing spells from the hive! They're all awesome. But make sure you implement MUI spells only, and don't forget to give credits. It's annoying, but you have to! ( I have a list of ~60 people i have to credit :p )

Good luck with this map. :)

Level 30
what I actually meant here is that rating maps must be fixed and promise, not showing it in a bad post while the user will get confused to what its trying to say.

for an example, I told him a lot of doodles such as work /5, fixing /5, manage /5 which overall is 15, and I only told him "this one sucks! -1/15" that's definitely wrong! show the user what must be done instead of a quick post that will do nothing but waste time.

Level 13
Sorry for that. After playing I was at the end of one's rope and i did not have much time. The poor reply is the result. 0.6 is the average of my ratings.

Akhetaton, you should maybe create first a development threat in the forum. So you can avoid bad replies and get some tips from other members.

At first when people start map making (or untill they are disent mapmakers)they should never aim as high as trying to make a map like this because considdering that this map requires a lot of different heros, desent triggering, abbilitys, items, terraining skills, making different types of stratigies and somewhat art skills. just remember if your gona start on a nother epic project or stay with this one itll take alot more longer to make than just starting of more simple and going on with this later. what im just saying is that its taken me 1-2 years to get up to this stage (probably because im just 14 years old at this stage).